Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 05-17-2009, 03:23 AM   #1
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
Hawaii dealership closed

What will happen to my order. they won't be closing til Oct. 2010, woundering if I'll still get my car. sorry for posting twice. very vert sick right now.

Last edited by tbss1; 05-17-2009 at 03:44 AM.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2009, 10:08 AM   #2
Wolverine

Drives: RX-8
Honolulu Advertiser article...

Quote:
GM cancels Windward Chevrolet dealer's contract

Servco's Windward Chevrolet dealer was among the 1,100 franchises to learn that General Motors would drop them by late next year, but the move should have little impact on its sales, the dealer says.

David Rolf, executive director of the Hawai'i Auto Dealers Association that represents dealers owning 135 franchises statewide, said he hadn't heard of any other Chevrolet dealers receiving news of their contract being canceled.

The Windward dealership is not Servco's main showroom for GM vehicles; that is Servco Auto Leeward, which will continue to sell Chevrolets.

The automaker judged the dealers on sales, customer service scores, location, condition of the facilities and other criteria.

Servco Pacific, which owns the Windward Chevrolet dealership, also sells Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Subaru and Suzuki.

"This is another sign of the tough times the auto industry is facing," said Mark Fukunaga, Servco Pacific chairman and chief executive officer. "Chevrolet sales from this location constitute less than 1 percent of Servco's new vehicle sales and this action will have no effect on our financial results."

Warranties of GM vehicles will not be affected by the closure.
Wolverine is offline   Reply With Quote