Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 01-18-2010, 04:23 PM   #1
Camaro21

Drives: SOLD - 2013 M6 ZL1
Oil & Air Filter Part Numbers for 6.2L

Here are a few part numbers for Oil & Air Filter Part Numbers that I looked up. If you need others, let me know and I will see what I can find.

Thanks,
Attached Images

Camaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 09:23 PM   #2
Sidewinder

Drives: 2SS/RJT/A6/Received 09/09/09
Do you have a P/N for the cabin air filter?
Sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #3
Camaro21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewinder View Post
Do you have a P/N for the cabin air filter?
Sorry, I was unable to find a part number for anyone for the Cabin Air Filter.
Old 01-24-2010, 02:10 AM   #4
FANTA-Z

Drives: 2010 SSRS
Is that Mobil 1 the truck filter? Reason I ask is I just picked one up tonight and the number was M1 113 for the car.
FANTA-Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 08:04 PM   #5
WhyMe

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro 2SS
Is there a larger capacity oil filter for the LS3? On my LS1 besides the normal part number there was a Mobil1 and K&N that was about 1 1/2 times longer for more filtering.
WhyMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:23 AM   #6
Camaro21

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyMe View Post
Is there a larger capacity oil filter for the LS3? On my LS1 besides the normal part number there was a Mobil1 and K&N that was about 1 1/2 times longer for more filtering.
Right now, that is all that I show in my system. I will keep an eye on it for more numbers.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:37 AM   #7
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
You don't want a longer filter. It's short for a reason. PF48 is all you need to know. Trying to find something different is a waste of time and money.

I saw someone with a Vette put on a longer filter, only to get it smacked by something and earn himself a flatbed ride to the dealership.

When they pick the filter for the vehicle, it is the correct micron, flow, bypass method, size for road/debris protection....

Of the millions of LS engine equip'd cars and trucks on the road, show me 1 that had a problem caused by the OEM filter, and I'll buy into the need for an aftermarket piece over the ACDelco filter spec'd for the car.

The thing holds 8 qts of oil, do you really need 8 1/4?
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:49 AM   #8
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
So who makes the best readilly available oil filter? I guess you cant go wrong with factory AC/Delco, but who makes the best one.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:58 PM   #9
Russell James

Drives: '15 SS 1LE, '69 Z28 drag car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul SS View Post
So who makes the best readilly available oil filter? I guess you cant go wrong with factory AC/Delco, but who makes the best one.
That will be so subjective, everybody will say theirs is the best.

I wouldn't over think it. On things where a no brainer stands out that you can't go wrong with, I don't mess with racking my brain over all the other options.

One nice thing about the PF48 - If anything happens, quite rare, but sht happens, your covered under warranty. Filter gasket blows out, leaks the oil out... your covered.

Slap an aftermarket filter on there and whatever happens, your on your own. When I worked at a dealer I saw that a couple times. Customer goes to Spiffy Lube, oil filter spins half off on the way home and seizes the engine. Sorry, go talk to Spiffy Lube about why this xyz filter's gasket split and allowed it to spin off. Or xyz's filter hangs a bit low a get's knocked off going over a speed bump.... here's an estimate, not a warranty repair.

In the past 30 years of wrenching, never once saw a problem with an ACDelco filter. So I stick with what works. I can tell you one brand that is absolute garbage - Purolator. I can't tell you how many problems I've seen with Purolator filters. Especially air filters, they shed fibers onto MAF sensors and ruin the MAF.

I once saw a 3800 engine in a Buick LeSabre ruined by a Purolator air filter. Car came into the dealership with complaints of spark knock, hesitation, and check engine light. It had MAF codes and lean fuel trim codes. The tech that got the job, replaced the MAF and sent it on it's way. Two weeks later the customer called and said the same problem had come back. By the time it made it to the dealership for the appt, it came in on a flatbed with a crapped out engine. The detonation had holed out a couple of the pistons.

I got the job of putting the new engine in. After I get the new engine all set up and ready to go, the thing still has MAF problems - so I put another new MAF in it. I notice the MAF hot wire has fuzz all over it. I open up the air box - Purolator!
Russell James is offline   Reply With Quote