Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 11-05-2012, 02:08 PM   #449
notagoat

Drives: 2015 BMW M4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZooDad View Post
How was the cost of the entire assembly?

ZooDad

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2
The same price as just the gears!
So a nice little $1500 discount...
Old 11-05-2012, 02:22 PM   #450
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by notagoat View Post
Thanks! So will this make the install easier? Was going to have a shop do it but is just swapping diffs something a shade tree mechanic can do?
It does make it much easier, because you don't have to crack open the pumpkin. I can provide you with instructions as long as your handy with a set of tools.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:03 PM   #451
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Quote:
The same price as just the gears!
So a nice little $1500 discount...
LUCKY!!!!

You better add some bushings to it before you install it.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 03:19 PM   #452
notagoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
It does make it much easier, because you don't have to crack open the pumpkin. I can provide you with instructions as long as your handy with a set of tools.
Sweet that would be awesome! I've done everything else to my car except the long tubes. I'll determine if I can handle it based on the instructions. Thanks!
Old 11-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #453
notagoat

Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
LUCKY!!!!

You better add some bushings to it before you install it.
I know right? I was looking at other possible mods such as an eaton posi ot jre billet caps but now that the pumpkin is staying closed I don't know.
What type of bushings do you recommend and how beneficial are they? Hard to install without a bushing press?

Last edited by notagoat; 11-05-2012 at 04:41 PM.
notagoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #454
Ebbsnflows

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1-1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coyotekiller View Post
What part number did you give them for them to look it up? Or did you just go in and ask them to look up the part for the 1LE?
I gave them the 22813040 part #. Initially he couldn't see it in the system...but once I mentioned looking at the updated parts database, He was able to see it...just not order it or sell it to me without the VIN LOL.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:33 PM   #455
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbsnflows View Post
I gave them the 22813040 part #. Initially he couldn't see it in the system...but once I mentioned looking at the updated parts database, He was able to see it...just not order it or sell it to me without the VIN LOL.
Yeah, most of the stuff is on hold for the cars going down the line. They really wont be widely available till January 2013 when the kits go on sale through Chevrolet Performance.
Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 01:32 PM   #456
caverman

Quote:
I know right? I was looking at other possible mods such as an eaton posi ot jre billet caps but now that the pumpkin is staying closed I don't know.
What type of bushings do you recommend and how beneficial are they? Hard to install without a bushing press?
I like Pedders bushings.

Pretty straight forward install especially with the pumpkin out. This is a 100% must do before you put it back in. A sawsall and hammer....about 3 mins x 3 bushings.

I would also recommend installing the Pedders Street Z kit (craddle bushing inserts and radius rod inserts). You'll be pleased at how well that will firm up the rear.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
Old 11-06-2012, 04:31 PM   #457
notagoat

Thanks for the advice caverman! I went ahead and ordered BMR set BK020 and that should firm it up nicely. I'm sure Pedders is nice but a little more than I wanted to spend plus I have other BMR parts and they are great.
Old 11-06-2012, 09:23 PM   #458
caverman

Quote:
Thanks for the advice caverman! I went ahead and ordered BMR set BK020 and that should firm it up nicely. I'm sure Pedders is nice but a little more than I wanted to spend plus I have other BMR parts and they are great.
It's all personal preference. I actually have Whiteline in rear because that's what was available at the time that I had some rear work done. Any of them are going to be better than OEM.

I will say that for craddle bushing inserts...go with Pedders. They are more but worth it. Take if from me...I had the BMR style inserts for about a week and ended up taking them out to put in Pedders.
Build Journal
Old 11-13-2012, 10:35 AM   #459
PIPE
Hating prius's since 1997

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (JENNA)
Woohoo. Dealer just called and said my 3.91 gears are in. Guess I'll be making an extra stop today. What a great birthday present.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #460
mdub76

Drives: 2010 2ss/RS IOM GFX M6
yeah just got the message as well gears are in!!!!!
mdub76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 08:08 PM   #461
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Me too! Woo hoo!!!!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:08 PM   #462
ZooDad

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
I got the call as well. They shipped.

Sent DInc2 via TapaTalk