Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-20-2011, 11:08 PM   #1
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Drives: 2016 SS
JL Stealth box

I am considering buying a JL Stealth Box. Most likely the three 10" Stealth Box. Does anybody out there have this in their car? On a side note.. From the Alpine demo car.. What do you guys think of subs by your feet on the passenger and drivers side? Would that be better than me buying the Stealth Box?
LED Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 12:23 AM   #2
ZaBeast07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: IPF SC'd 2010 LLT 2015 1SS/RS
I bought the ******** 3-10ins box and I'm completely happy with it...I had planned on buying the stealth box before I heard about the ******** box. You can get the ******** box and buy the JL 10W3v3's for almost half the price of the JL box...PM me if you want the prices and all!!!
ZaBeast07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
Hendrix-Engineering
Account Suspended

Drives: First 9 inch-12 bolt IRS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Unique4U View Post
I am considering buying a JL Stealth Box. Most likely the three 10" Stealth Box. Does anybody out there have this in their car? On a side note.. From the Alpine demo car.. What do you guys think of subs by your feet on the passenger and drivers side? Would that be better than me buying the Stealth Box?
The jl box will be a great piece,its well built and will hold up as long as the car will..The speakers in the kickpanels are midbass speakers not bass speakers..Unless you are replacing all your speakers and powering the new ones with amps i would maybe look into jls single sub option our the ********,three 10s will be a huge amount of bass and will overpower your other speakers.
Hendrix-Engineering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
JL is just too damn expensive for what it is. Go with ********.
Old 01-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #5
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Excellent ideas guys. I am a beginner when it comes to car audio. What setup is best for me? I like hip hop, rap, R&B, and rock. But mostly hip hop and rap. Idk what the difference between 10" and 12".
Old 01-21-2011, 12:30 PM   #6
Hicompression
Rumbly Bumble Bee

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Excellent ideas guys. I am a beginner when it comes to car audio. What setup is best for me? I like hip hop, rap, R&B, and rock. But mostly hip hop and rap. Idk what the difference between 10" and 12".
Definitely go with the 12". The bass will hit harder and deeper. That's what Rap and Hip-Hop is all about...the bass and the beat.
Old 01-21-2011, 12:31 PM   #7
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
Quote:

difference between 10 and 12 is cone area and typically (not always) the depth that the sub can play.

more cone area (assuming excursion, enclosure, etc... is equal) = more output

I have been running 10's in most everything I drive for a long long time... they hit plenty hard and plenty low... I think the general consensus is that if you can fit more cone area - use it. a pair of 12's in the rear-firing dual enclosure from ******** should be pretty awesome. As well as the triple-10 enclosure or even the ported single-12 enclosure should all get you exactly what your looking for and Steve@******** has some decent packages put together to get you started for a real reasonable price. and I can personally attest that the quality is outstanding.

ultimately it depends on what you want. Do you want good blending and sound quality or are you looking to be able to crack pavement? not that you cant have both, but being up front with what you really want to do with your system (to yourself) will change the components you use to put your system together. subs, amps, fronts, processing?, head unit?, etc...

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #8
LED Crazy
okcamaros.com

Good blending sound quality is what I am after.
Old 01-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
boxwes

Drives: 2011 SGM 2SS / RS
I have the single 12 JL stealth box with a JL XD600.1 driving it. It hits very hard and sounds amazing. Highly recommended. Just make sure you get something for your front stage that can keep up if you want to be able to blend it in. I went with Morel Hybrid Ovation 6.5's up front and Morel Tempo 6x9's in the rear deck with a JL HD600.4 driving them.
boxwes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 05:51 PM   #10
Topdown
The wait is over!

Drives: 2010 Camaro, IOM, L99, Auto
Quote:
Good blending sound quality is what I am after.
next question is budget... the options of what to get are way to vast to start looking or suggesting without a number in mind... whole system for 1k? 2k? 5k? 25k?

your going to see lots of guys all over the board with opinions that match without some sort of guidelines.

personally, I play with a ton of gear... some inexpensive, some painfully (divorce discussion pain) expensive.

AlphaDamp CLD Mat - Get more Sound Deadening with less Sound Deadener
Topdown is offline   Reply With Quote