Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-01-2014, 12:53 PM   #1
hazzard623

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs Black l99
Used camaro

Hello, I bought a certified used 2011 camaro 2ss rs from a chevy dealership 2 months ago but I need to downgrade to cut costs. I went to a dealership to see what my tradein would be and that's when I found out my car had missing vin stickers for my doors and possibly my hood but not the drivers side door jam.

The appraiser also noticed the bolts to under the hood that connect to the fender where not completely painted like someone unscrewed it before. The right side of the car has orange peel and he said it was possibly painted. I was told I would only get wholesale because of the missing vins and possible repairs that may have been done to the car and that it may have been in an accident.

So basically the chevy dealership gave me this car with missing vin stickers and diminished value and I gave them a 2014 v6 camaro for practically nothing.

I didn't think Chevy would do this to a military veteran, but maybe cause I was young they didn't care. Do I have any recourse in getting compensated for not getting disclosed about this stuff ?
hazzard623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 12:59 PM   #2
hazzard623

missing this one, this isn't my vin sticker.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:05 PM   #3
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
You went to "A" dealership or the one who hosed you on the 2011 to get it appraised? I'd be questioning the dealership where you traded for it and get some answers as to the Certified status that it was sold to you under. Maybe GM would like to hear about it as well.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:17 PM   #4
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
nope, let the buyer beware. best best is to sell it private party. but either way, your going to take a bath. cars depreciate fast. and a 2SS RS camaro has fairly limited appeal. not a big group of buyers out there
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:25 PM   #5
hazzard623

mine
Old 08-01-2014, 02:31 PM   #6
Demon War Horse
War Horse Pilot

Drives: 2017 NFG 1SS 1LE
^ Pic didn't come through for me anyway.

I thought certified repairs had to replace all of the applicalbe stickers on the doors like that if they had beend done.

I would go back to the original selling dealer with my paperwork from that purchase and ask for some serious answers. I would also contact Chevy or GM Corporate/Customer service. A couple of them are on the board here also.

SigPic by Hazman
Demon War Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:42 PM   #7
hazzard623

Hopefully someone on the board from chevy can help me out. I am starting to lose loyalty to this company lately because of stuff like this.
Old 08-01-2014, 02:43 PM   #8
FJ60

Drives: '13 2SS RS 1LE ; '85 Landcruiser
Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
nope, let the buyer beware.
I agree for private or non-certified sales. I disagree for a manufacturer-backed certified vehicle. If it is obvious to a tech that a car was in an accident (Car Fax reported or not) whereby panels/doors are replaced (which I assume is the case here) the car should be rejected for certification.

Go back to the Chevy dealer and discuss your predicament.
FJ60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:46 PM   #9
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ60 View Post
I agree for private or non-certified sales. I disagree for a manufacturer-backed certified vehicle. If it is obvious to a tech that a car was in an accident (Car Fax reported or not) whereby panels/doors are replaced (which I assume is the case here) the car should be rejected for certification.

Heck ,they probably did the repairs where he bought it.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 02:47 PM   #10
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Did you go back to the dealer that sold you the car? If not I think you are spinning your wheels.
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:27 PM   #11
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by FJ60 View Post

I think certified just means it passes their 150 or whatever pint inspection to show it's free from any body, paint, or mechanical damage, and that's it's in perfect working order. I don't think it means everything has to be original on it. IMHO, I don't see why it would only get wholesale price because some panels have been changed. that's what sounds like BS to me.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:35 PM   #12
Ragnar
Destroyed by flooding

Drives: Wife's car
I worked at a dealership and for a vehicle to be certified it meant something, the vehicle had to meet some strict guidelines. Not every car would pass, some needed to have repairs done, overall condition, etc. Like others have said, go back and get answers!
Ragnar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 03:39 PM   #13
mycamaro2011

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT Victory Red
Do a carfax. if its missing vin stickers i would say its been in an accident and parts have been replaced.
mycamaro2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 04:04 PM   #14
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzard623 View Post
So basically the chevy dealership gave me this car with missing vin stickers and diminished value and I gave them a 2014 v6 camaro for practically nothing.
Wait a minute... you traded a 2014 V6 Camaro for a 2011 V8 Camaro? And now you want to get rid of the V8 because it costs too much to operate? You, my young friend, apparently did not do your homework before buying either car. Brace yourself... this is going to be a very expensive lesson in economics, and life. Your best bet is to go back to the dealer where you got the SS and plead your case. I think they did you wrong, but you should never have done the deal to begin with. Contact GM Corporate if the dealer won't work with you to your satisfaction... and ask the dealership Manager for the GM contact number.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazzard623 View Post
I didn't think Chevy would do this to a military veteran, but maybe cause I was young they didn't care.
First off - thank you for your service. As a fellow veteran, I can tell you that veteran status does not make you immune to day to day dealings in life - like retailers wanting your money. You have to protect yourself from such things because car dealers (and most any other retailer) are out to get as much of your money as they can for a minimal investment. Their job, in general, is to screw you.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote