Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 05-21-2013, 08:32 AM   #1
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Tune/Fuse Pull Question.....

Here's a dumb question for you...

I have a 2010 SS (LS3) with a full compliment of bolt-ons, and a recent ECM tune. The best gas I can get up here is 91 octane, but I normally try my best to always use non-ethanol gas. However, because the non-ethanol 91 octane is so hard to find, I had to add a couple gallons of the 10% ethanol stuff the other day. Now, before I had my tune, I would simply run out the crappy ethanol stuff, and fill it with my preferred non-ethanol gas, and then do a 5/20 fuse pull overnight to reset the fuel tables. But now, here's my question.....Since my ECM has recently been custom tuned, will doing the fuse pull still perform the same function? Or have those values already been "set" by the tune? Is there any possibility that doing the 5/20 fuse pull will negatively affect my tune in any way? Just want to make sure before doing anything bad to my tune!!!!

BTW....just this morning, I just paid $4.79/gal. for 91 octane non-ethanol gas!!! FREAKIN' OUCH!!!!!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
blazzin1

So is it that nobody knows if a 5/20 fuse pull is necessary with a custom tune, or if it will negatively affect the tune? Or is it just such a stupid question that I shouldn't be asking it? Come on, I've always been told there's no such thing as a stupid question.....well, until.....
Old 05-22-2013, 08:32 AM   #3
Rhino79

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99/Auto
Depends on the tune really. They may or may not have changed the octane scaler or made both timing tables the same. Ask your tuner, he should know how he set it up.
Rhino79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
Depends on the tune really. They may or may not have changed the octane scaler or made both timing tables the same. Ask your tuner, he should know how he set it up.
Thanks for the advice. I just got a response from my tuner, he said...."I wouldnt worry about changing blends one bit... we run 10% in most everything and it honestly affects the tune very little... I have done A PILE of E85 and ethanol stuff over the last 8 years and it is somewhat internet folk lore how blown out of proportion... "

So, I'm going to interpret that as don't mess with the 5/20 fuse pull anymore.