Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 08-13-2012, 08:38 AM   #1
BAD ZL1
BAD ZL1

Drives: 2013 VIN 48 Victory Red ZL1!
Paranoid or true road hazards?

Let me just say in my 43 years, I have never been in a car accident, and I knock on wood loudly after saying that!

I have had my car for about a month now. My first drive to work, I was like a radar looking for jack rabbits with my head on a swivel...Then, a friggin owl swoops down and misses my wind shield by inches. I swerved and hit the brakes hard. Car handled like a dream, I was only going about 55 mph at the time. 21 years driving the same road to work I have hit many a jack rabbit, but never have seen an owl...

On the way home from LA with my car, it wasn't but about 20 minutes into the drive and some moron in a white pedophile van on I-5 decided to share my lane with me. I was squeezed and had to ride about a foot from the lane to my right, barely avoiding a side swipe.

Later in the drive, I came upon a retread tire in my lane with a car on my right, and a car on my left. I swerved as best as I could to avoid the damn thing and clipped it with my driver side tire the wife said as she was in front of me looking in her mirror. I never felt anything as I rolled over that retread. That is some suspension.

Took the daughter and wife out of town to a Dr. appointment, and a rock from a damn tomato truck gets kicked up, he was going the other way and it chipped the windshield just a little.

I Love this car like no other car I have ever had, but it seems like its a magnet for road hazards so far.

Forgot to mention the local female cop that sped up to catch up to me and stopped in what she thought was my blind spot, needless to say, the ZL1 doesn't have a blind spot and I watched her in my mirror checking over the car. She slowly pulled up next to me at the light and my wife gave her a hand wave...The cop just grinned.

PS, the endless kids waving and yelling at their moms to look at that car and the rice burner guys stopping me to ask if I live here and how cool they think my car is just plain fun.
BAD ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 10:10 AM   #2
alex33x

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
You have 15 years on me, I would say not paranoid, but mid life crisis!! Yeah I blame the owl and the jack rabbits on that. It doesn't have to make sense just go with it. =)
Old 08-13-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
No, ALL these things have been happening to you for years! You just notice them more now. Although I actually believe there IS a higher frequency of dangers lurking than in previous years.

The biggest danger we face these days, amongst all those you mention, are those people TEXTING and driving. On ALMOST EVERY drive I take someone eventually rides on or over the line to my side of the road. It's almost as if I have to EXPECT EVERY oncoming car is a potential threat. It's getting pretty bad.

All those other things you mention... yep. I see more and more tread on the road these days too. Constantly. Even the smallest pieces represent severe damage!

Alex, I like your SIM ZL1!!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote