Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-13-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
nickruta

Drives: 2010 black camaro
Uh oooh what's this ?!

So my Camaro just passed the 20,000 mile mark and the check engine light seems to have popped. I'm not getting any text in the onboard computer just a picture of an engine in my console lit up. The car seems to be driving fine I haven't noticed any issues. Any advice what I should do? I'm afraid to bring it to my dealer because they are so expensive. I think my factory warranty is up but I had an extended warranty would I be a will to check it under the warranty?
Attached Images

nickruta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:36 PM   #2
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
just take it to the dealer. you could also run your car to a local parts store and see if they will read the codes for you.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:51 PM   #3
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
get the Torque app and one of the cheap mini ELM327 OBDII adapters. Then you can pull the codes on your phone.....has other features that are nice as a bonus. Make sure you get one with Bluetooth so dont have to worry bout cables.

Cost less than $20, Think Torque is like $10 and I got one of the mini adapters for like $8 if I remember correctly.

I just leave the mini adapter plugged in to the socket all the time, works as a cover for it when not using it to keep dirt off

Like this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-Mini-E...item4d0d85d7c8
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #4
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
If you have an extended warranty, it COULD be still covered. Read your coverage details. If it's emissions-related, it may be covered as well, but it never hurts to let the dealer look at it. It could be more wrong with it.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:09 PM   #5
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickruta View Post
So my Camaro just passed the 20,000 mile mark and the check engine light seems to have popped. I'm not getting any text in the onboard computer just a picture of an engine in my console lit up. The car seems to be driving fine I haven't noticed any issues. Any advice what I should do? I'm afraid to bring it to my dealer because they are so expensive. I think my factory warranty is up but I had an extended warranty would I be a will to check it under the warranty?
nickruta,

Sorry to hear of the check engine light. Have you scheduled an appointment for a dealer visit yet? I would be more than happy to contact them on your behalf and monitor the repair. You are more than welcome to message me for further assistance.

Best regards,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 06-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #6
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Looks like the gauge was twisted 90 degrees which caused some sort of short.

Take it in for service, or to your local Auto Zone or other auto parts store that can pull the code. Could be caused by any number of issues, some good, some not so good.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:27 PM   #7
nickruta

Drives: 2010 black camaro
Thanks all for help!
nickruta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #8
TheGhosty

Drives: '11 SW 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
Looks like the gauge was twisted 90 degrees which caused some sort of short.