Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 11-13-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
UCBearcat

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS
Crackling/Buzzing in trunk

I just finished installing two amps (one for BA replacement and one for my sub). I ran seperate power wires and grounded to the factory ground spot in and I also used the FARK.

I'm not hearing any buzzing or distortion inside the car... but in the trunk I can hear what sounds like crackling in the rear left and right corners behind the carpet (where the stock amp location is and the other corner). It only makes this sound when the car is on, not with the power on. Is it something vibrating because I have not screwed everything back down yet or is it something else? It really osunds like electricity but I can't figure out what is causing it and don't want to put everything back together until i figure it out.

TIA for any help
UCBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 03:41 PM   #2
DangerZL1

Drives: 2023 Black ZL1 Auto
Can you get back into the trunk area with the car running and try to isolate the noise? I've had to lay in the trunk area with the seats folded down to track down noises before. Noises can easily like they are coming from another location.
DangerZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:57 PM   #3
Decibel JJ
Car nut

Drives: Tahoe Z71, Race cars
Could it be the pressure relief plates flapping?

R.I.P. Evan .. A true Friend
Decibel JJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:11 AM   #4
UCBearcat

Drives: 2013 Inferno Orange Camaro 2SS
What makes me think it could just be something vibrating is it only makes the sound with the car running, but if i just turn on the battery its not there... But it does sound like electricity... I have not put the plastic cover or screwed the carpet back down yet so I was wondering if it could be something just vibrating around... maybe I should try putting it all back in and see.
UCBearcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:43 PM   #5
Shu71

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS M6
When my sub hits my vent flaps in the rear quarter panels vibrate and make a buzz type noise. It took me a while to figure that one out.