Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-24-2015, 12:38 AM   #1
jjgixxer

Drives: 2012 camaro 2ss
passenger side camber issue

I'm running coilovers, the ride height is a little.more then 1 1/4 from factory. I was able to get the driver side camber in factory specs. The passenger side however is still way out. I'm thinking about raising the car up about a 1/4 to put the total drop to an inch. Would you think it would put me close to my spec? What about the spc camber bolts?

jjgixxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 12:25 PM   #2
Burt
Cone Killer

Drives: 2012 SS
Raising it up around 1/4" would give you a little extra positive camber, but if you wanted to run up towards a degree of negative camber at the front, you'd be fine. The inside edge of the tire will wear a little more quickly than the rest of the cross section, but you'll also have sharper turn-in and a little more lateral grip. I'm running around -1.6 degrees myself right now

Selling off my remaining wheels, tires, 27mm front sway bar, and MGW shift knob. Get them out of my house before my wife puts me out!
Burt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2015, 08:57 PM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Is this in the front or the rear?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2015, 04:07 AM   #4
jjgixxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Is this in the front or the rear?
Rear
Old 04-25-2015, 07:51 AM   #5
JusticePete

Take t back to the alignment shop. Tell them the toe and camber setting work against each other like an A style arm. The tech should set both toe bolts to a neutral position where the edges of the eccentric do NOT touch the adjustment 'fences'. The tech should then set the camber and work backwards with the toe. The tech will be able to get both side equal now.

We do make a product for lowered 5th Gen Camaros that solves the 'I am lowered and have too much negative camber problem'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
JPSS Black Magic suspension and alignment products are exactly that. Black Magic. Bolt them in and they transform your car like Black Magic. There is nothing magical abut the design and construction. These are incredibly durable parts made to last under the most demanding use. We use only the finest available made in America components we assemble them with great pride in Martinsville, Virgina home to NASCAR's Half Mile of Mayhem.

2010 to 2015 Camaro Black Magic Extended Range Camber and Caster Bolts. The factory bolts offer .9 degrees of adjustment. Black Magic Camber bolts double the range to 1.8 degrees. These are DIRECT factory replacement parts. Take out the OE camber bolt. Install your new Black Magic Camber Bolts and align.

We start with a 10.9 14mm bolt and mill a flat surface for the eccentric seat. We water jet the eccentrics out of HD material twice as thick as OE to reduce the chance of drift. We index and weld one eccentric to the bolt head. It ain't going no where in this lifetime. At the other end we use a clamping 10.9 nut and a matching jam nut. Align as often as you want. There is no quench to wear out. We don't use no stinkn' TTY nuts. We double nut. They stay tight the first time and every time.

This same bolt works on the front end of your Camaro for Caster adjustment. Caster adjustment requires the round bolt hole be opened into a slot where the radius bushing end of the arm attaches to the sub-frame.

Ignore the water jet created surface rust. Your Black Magic Eccentrics will be prepped and treated in a military spec matte black finish.

The majority of oour Black Magic bolt inventory is out for coating, but we kept a handful in house to fill orders. Those will be finished with a POR-15 type paint.
Old 04-25-2015, 01:16 PM   #6
jjgixxer

I'm the alignment tech lol camber was a lot worse, I zeroed the toe and was able to bring it in a little bit but not much.
Old 04-25-2015, 02:10 PM   #7
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjgixxer View Post
I'm the alignment tech lol camber was a lot worse, I zeroed the toe and was able to bring it in a little bit but not much.
Any signs of a bent toe link?
Old 04-25-2015, 02:10 PM   #8
JusticePete

Maybe flip the toe links side to side to check?
Old 04-25-2015, 07:29 PM   #9
jjgixxer

I wouldn't think they are bent, (bmr) non adjustsble. I will try and flip see if it helps.