Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #29
DkknightX
Account Suspended

Drives: 2006 Chevrolet Cobalt SS/SC Stage 2
Oh, what I meant by car model, Rogue, was that they could offer the complete Camaro Generations 1-5, including special editions in a $4.99 DLC pack, or they could offer the complete manufacturer, such as Chevrolet and Ford, including all of their cars in the last 50+ years, as seperate DLC content. It's all speculation but Sony isn't likely to do us any favors, though the notion is nice. They plan on charging for "Home" soon. Thanks Sony! It is all still speculation but I wouldn't expect a handout.
DkknightX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:52 AM   #30
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
But first Polyphony has to actually RELEASE GT5. There's been so many delays I'm wondering if it'll eventually just get cancelled.
SS 376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:44 AM   #31
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by DkknightX View Post
Oh, what I meant by car model, Rogue, was that they could offer the complete Camaro Generations 1-5, including special editions in a $4.99 DLC pack, or they could offer the complete manufacturer, such as Chevrolet and Ford, including all of their cars in the last 50+ years, as seperate DLC content. It's all speculation but Sony isn't likely to do us any favors, though the notion is nice. They plan on charging for "Home" soon. Thanks Sony! It is all still speculation but I wouldn't expect a handout.
I doubt they will start charging for a lot, they tout that as a benefit over Xbox big time that everything is free. Home is cool but not cool enough to pay for. Anything really cool in Home you have to pay for already anyway (clothes, furniture, locations, etc). I could see them doing as you say, but like I said I anticipate big packages, and I also expect them to have at least one of each version of cars like the Camaro, but if you want everything like specialties and stuff you will have to pay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queens Blvd View Post
But first Polyphony has to actually RELEASE GT5. There's been so many delays I'm wondering if it'll eventually just get cancelled.
Feb 2nd 2010 is the release date in Japan according to their site. Its supposedly been the most expensive game of all time to create, they will definitely be releasing something. Also the creator even said in an interview the game is basically ready to go just doing some final touches.
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 12:20 PM   #32
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Just give me the darn game!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2009, 12:47 PM   #33
truth411

Drives: police interceptor
First of all PD (GT-devs) are making the beefiest raceing game ever made. There will be plenty of content that comes on the disc, 1000 cars (2.5 times more than Forza 3) is just the tip of the iceberg. Yes there will be DLC (down loadable content), But by my understanding there will be two verisons, a premium (similar to limited edition) and standard version. The priemium comes with the usual behind the scenes stuff, but if one buys the premium edition ALL DLC FOR GT5 WILL BE FREE!!!!! Don't know the price point though, roumor is $99. The standard GT5 will be the usual $59.99 and you can purchase any DLC you desire. The GT5 will not be half of a game, no way shape or form.

Around 1000 cars
Pit crews,
Weather effects,
Night time racing,
24hr Day/Night cycles
Rally raceing, Leman racing, Nascar racing, Drifting, Circuit racing etc...
TRACK EDITOR!!!! (create your own race track)
Clan support. and alot more, Sony is throwing the Kitchen sink at GT5.

Edit: Top Gear race track, Race Against the Stig times.
truth411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:32 PM   #34
Rogue Leader
Iatefiberglassinsulation

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by truth411 View Post
First of all PD (GT-devs) are making the beefiest raceing game ever made. There will be plenty of content that comes on the disc, 1000 cars (2.5 times more than Forza 3) is just the tip of the iceberg. Yes there will be DLC (down loadable content), But by my understanding there will be two verisons, a premium (similar to limited edition) and standard version. The priemium comes with the usual behind the scenes stuff, but if one buys the premium edition ALL DLC FOR GT5 WILL BE FREE!!!!! Don't know the price point though, roumor is $99. The standard GT5 will be the usual $59.99 and you can purchase any DLC you desire. The GT5 will not be half of a game, no way shape or form.

Around 1000 cars
Pit crews,
Weather effects,
Night time racing,
24hr Day/Night cycles
Rally raceing, Leman racing, Nascar racing, Drifting, Circuit racing etc...
TRACK EDITOR!!!! (create your own race track)
Clan support. and alot more, Sony is throwing the Kitchen sink at GT5.

Edit: Top Gear race track, Race Against the Stig times.
Interesting, got a source for this info?
2008 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT 6.0 - Tow Vehicle
1991 Alfa Romeo 164S - Project Car
1994 Volkswagen Golf - Race Car

"Like" my race team on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/farfrumwinnin
Rogue Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:01 PM   #35
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
play the new fronza
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:20 PM   #36
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
lol Forza for the win!

but seriously, GT5 might be a warrantable reason to buy a PS3.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #37
jcamaro
Obsessed Much?

Drives: 2015 Silver 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
I haven't heard of this either. I doubt they would make 2 versions of the game. That is would be the worst marketing Poly has ever done. I can understand the DLC for extra cars, but a different game "version"? I don't think so. They'll do a Collectors edition for sure, with behind the scenes & books, etc. Maybe it'll come with a limited edition/exclusive car but I doubt it would more than that.
jcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 02:54 PM   #38
truth411

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
GTplanet.com, there are constantly GT developers on the site, though they can't say toooo much as of yet. User ID "Amir212" is a reilable soucre of info, similar to FbodFather here at camaro5. But of course info is limited, but he will chime in here and there to correct false information.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:57 PM   #39
truth411

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcamaro View Post
I haven't heard of this either. I doubt they would make 2 versions of the game. That is would be the worst marketing Poly has ever done. I can understand the DLC for extra cars, but a different game "version"? I don't think so. They'll do a Collectors edition for sure, with behind the scenes & books, etc. Maybe it'll come with a limited edition/exclusive car but I doubt it would more than that.
Not 2 versions of the game, virtually all major games come out with a limited edition. GT will be no diferent, except the limited edition will be worth it, because all future DLC will be free of charge. Though the price might be $100 bucks, that is $40 more than the standard game.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:24 PM   #40
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
I really can't picture that being the true list. It may be a list of potential cars that they start with and make into a much smaller final car list for the game. Also that 10,000 car list includes vehicles that not one person would want in a game like the Chevy Express, or Astro, the Olds Ciera, that list also displays a 96 Camaro 30th anniversary and a 97 30th anniversary. Same thing goes with there being 2 35th anniversary SS's. GT has always had 100 different types of of the same R33 or R34 Nissan Skylines, and has been very limited in American cars except the 02 Camaro SS, 01 Z06/C5 Vette and the Mustang. For a list of cars like that from Sony/Gran Turismo it'd take literally 20 more years for the game to be completed.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 05:25 PM   #41
zerolm

Drives: Ford F-350/ 2SS/RS M6
Hey Rouge Leader, do you play online? What is your screen name? Mine is Zerolm just as on here. Where do you frequent right now?
zerolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 06:06 PM   #42
truth411

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
I really can't picture that being the true list. It may be a list of potential cars that they start with and make into a much smaller final car list for the game. Also that 10,000 car list includes vehicles that not one person would want in a game like the Chevy Express, or Astro, the Olds Ciera, that list also displays a 96 Camaro 30th anniversary and a 97 30th anniversary. Same thing goes with there being 2 35th anniversary SS's. GT has always had 100 different types of of the same R33 or R34 Nissan Skylines, and has been very limited in American cars except the 02 Camaro SS, 01 Z06/C5 Vette and the Mustang. For a list of cars like that from Sony/Gran Turismo it'd take literally 20 more years for the game to be completed.
Not 10,000 cars...lol about 1,000 cars.