Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-06-2012, 06:30 AM   #239
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
ERrrmmm....

ZL1 section...*check*

Title = Video: Camaro ZL1 Runs VIR in 2:52:38. Faster than Z06, GT-R, GT3 RS!...*check*

Sorry, posted before I saw your post
Old 03-06-2012, 10:53 AM   #240
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Absolutely amazing...
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 10:54 AM   #241
Nessal

Drives: Exige, Miata, Ghia
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
I have seen the car in person, it is a cool car, but it isn't worth $375,000 to me. I am a very practical person. Just because I have the money to spend, doesn't mean I would buy something for more money when I can get a better car for less.

I would buy a ZR1 before even considering a LFA. It doesn't make sense to pay more money for something just because you have money when there is an equally or better product for less money. Not just a little more money, but I could stioll get 3 yes THREE ZR1's for that much money.

Doesn't make sense.

If I were going to pay that much money for a vehicle, it would be a Saleen S7. A car that was actually designed (****pit area) for each buyer when ordered from the factory. They kinda customize the seat, pedals, and controls for each person.

Amen. I'm a practical man and not a brand whore.
Nessal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:04 AM   #242
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc7000 View Post
No doubt, that is one aspect about the ring that I don't think people understand. The difference between the ZR1 and Z06 was some 3 seconds on that track even though the Z06 packs 505BHP and the ZR1 638BHP.

Also the Nissan LFA with only 550BHP ran a faster time..
Nissan LFA? :faint2:

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #243
ThaCamaroKid

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deki View Post
If you had the money, and you drove, rode in, heard, or saw the LF-A in person, you wouldn't be saying that. The car is incredible.
Sorry to join in on this but the LFA is not worth $375k, it is a rare Lexus and it is priced that way, 458, ZR1, MP4-12C, all better cars. And all for $100k-$270k less, Hell another $25k and get an Aventador.

& yes I have seen and heard the LFA in person, still like the 458, Aventador, MP4-12C AND ZR1 more. All in person and in sound and in performance.

375RWHP/399RWTQ
ThaCamaroKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:45 PM   #244
MZ1

Drives: 2 door
You guys may want to watch this. The ZL-1 was beat out by several cars in this unbiased test that was very well done by Motor Trend. The track test driver was Pro racer Randy Pobst. Randy has been road racing for nearly 30 years. I trust his lap times.

http://youtu.be/QBfugbEIlk4

Last edited by MZ1; 03-14-2013 at 01:16 PM.
MZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:06 PM   #245
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MZ1 View Post
You guys may want to watch this. The ZL-1 was beat out by several cars in this unbiased test that was very well done by Motor Trend. The track test driver was Pro racer Randy Pobst. Randy has been road racing for nearly 30 years. I trust his lap times.

It's been posted on here before.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 03:42 PM   #246
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:

OK I'll bite

Judging by your 6 posts (all of which are negative to GM) you're either a Ford fan or Dodge Fan, so I'll just leave these quote from the article here for you to chew over..

"Power is ridiculous. This is one of the best performance engines out there. No weak spots coupled with excellent output and refinement." Long story short, while the Shelby is faster, you're not as tempted to go wide-open throttle as you are in the Camaro because the Chevy drives better. And it's more than plenty fast.

And also :

"Feels so much more stable than the Ford,"

Also:

I put the Camaro ahead of the Shelby because I felt I had a better sense of control.”

So no contest between Ford and GM in that article.

And if you're a Dodge Fan, well they don't even a nominee in that article..

Next
Old 03-14-2013, 04:55 PM   #247
MZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
OK I'll bite

Judging by your 6 posts (all of which are negative to GM) you're either a Ford fan or Dodge Fan, so I'll just leave these quote from the article here for you to chew over.
IF you read or seen my post I've probably owned more Chevy's in my lifetime than you have sir. I got tired of getting my ass and wallet kicked every time I bought a new one, plus dealing with the scum bag dealers what not a fun time. 22 years later I am just about ready to buy this fantastic ZL1. I come onto these forums and find nothing has changed. I was hoping something would have changed in that long time frame. I am sorry, but it's a $60K car NOT a $18K car. It shouldn't have all these problems I see folks on HERE complaining about and then go to down to their dealers and have problems dealing with the dealer. I really really want the car, but I'm afraid really afraid to pull the trigger. Sorry IF you don't or can't understand that.
Ohh yeh the ZL1 in the MotorTrend test did get beat by a GT500 as it should. The ZL1 is minus 80 HP, plus it's heavier. Chevy should up the ant a little on the HP just like they did back in good ol 60's. Another 50 to 80HP would never hurt plus not many Chevy fans would complain on that one.

Last edited by MZ1; 03-14-2013 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:35 PM   #248
Rodslnger

Drives: camaro
Quote:
IF you read or seen my post I've probably owned more Chevy's in my lifetime than you have sir. I got tired of getting my ass and wallet kicked every time I bought a new one, plus dealing with the scum bag dealers what not a fun time. 22 years later I am just about ready to buy this fantastic ZL1. I come onto these forums and find nothing has changed. I was hoping something would have changed in that long time frame. I am sorry, but it's a $60K car NOT a $18K car. It shouldn't have all these problems I see folks on HERE complaining about and then go to down to their dealers and have problems dealing with the dealer. I really really want the car, but I'm afraid really afraid to pull the trigger. Sorry IF you don't or can't understand that.
Ohh yeh the ZL1 in the MotorTrend test did get beat by a GT500 as it should. The ZL1 is minus 80 HP, plus it's heavier. Chevy should up the ant a little on the HP just like they did back in good ol 60's. Another 50 to 80HP would never hurt plus not many Chevy fans would complain on that one.
Have you driven one? I did not get my ass kicked or wallet when i bought any of mine. I suggest go drive one and base your decision on facts by your own hand instead of running your mouth on a forum. I have a 1k rwhp camaro and it is nothing compared to the ride of my zl1 except for straight line acceleration.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:08 PM   #249
MZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodslnger View Post
Have you driven one? I did not get my ass kicked or wallet when i bought any of mine. I suggest go drive one and base your decision on facts by your own hand instead of running your mouth on a forum. I have a 1k rwhp camaro and it is nothing compared to the ride of my zl1 except for straight line acceleration.
I did get a ride on one, but I did not drive one. That is what really turned my onto this car. The ride alone was enough. Yes it's one awesome car and ofcourse with a mod or two it's right up there with the GT500. I would NEVER ever buy a rustang and I don't care for anything Ford.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #250
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
I am sorry, but it's a $60K car NOT a $18K car. It shouldn't have all these problems I see folks on HERE complaining about and then go to down to their dealers and have problems dealing with the dealer. I really really want the car, but I'm afraid really afraid to pull the trigger.

Sorry IF you don't or can't understand that.

Consider that this is a concentrated group of enthusiasts more apt to notice small things...not the general public. ZL1 is a VERY reliable car...and I want to say the Camaro just won an award recently for dependability.

It didn't lose that comparison. On top of being faster through almost every corner, it "won" (stress the quotes), if you read to the end, because it was more consistent and turned out fast times, lap after lap after lap...the GT500 just kept fading and getting slower. It was built to put up glory times for magazines, drags, and bench-racing. Whereas the ZL1 was built from the beginning to live on the track without breaking a sweat.

I believe some of the things you are concerned about are really non-issues. I think you should take some time to look one over real close - if you can afford one, and you really want it - I'm willing to promise you won't be disappointed.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #251
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
For every 1 person on here that has had issues with the car there are probably 10 or more that have had no issues - but yet you are only deciding to listen to the few with problems.

And don't forget it is the ones with problems that will shout the loudest - go to any forum for any product ever made and you will find lots of threads complaining about problems - and that's because many people only join forums like this specifically for advice on an issue they are facing - the ones with no problems never even register other than the select few enthusiasts.

Aside from that there is not one single manufacturer out there that has EVER made a car that has not had a few with problems - it happens - and that is what the warranty is for.

If you want to let an experience 22 years ago cloud your judgement now then that is your prerogative, but it's also your loss.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:21 PM   #252
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
For every 1 person on here that has had issues with the car there are probably 10 or more that have had no issues - but yet you are only deciding to listen to the few with problems.

And don't forget it is the ones with problems that will shout the loudest - go to any forum for any product ever made and you will find lots of threads complaining about problems - and that's because many people only join forums like this specifically for advice on an issue they are facing - the ones with no problems never even register other than the select few enthusiasts.

Aside from that there is not one single manufacturer out there that has EVER made a car that has not had a few with problems - it happens - and that is what the warranty is for.

If you want to let an experience 22 years ago cloud your judgement now then that is your prerogative, but it's also your loss.

Well said.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote