Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-01-2008, 11:31 AM   #29
B2E2RUN
Beer Run

Drives: '14 Sierra SLT All-Terrain
I heard that if you mention "fbodfather" when ordering, that you get a free upgrade to the Cummins 30L diesel with 6 turbos, and the custom '93 pace car paint job. And, that Scott would personally pay off your mortgage! It has to be true, i heard it from the dealership (they already have 6 on the lot).
Old 05-01-2008, 11:36 AM   #30
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by B2E2RUN View Post
I heard that if you mention "fbodfather" when ordering, that you get a free upgrade to the Cummins 30L diesel with 6 turbos, and the custom '93 pace car paint job. And, that Scott would personally pay off your mortgage! It has to be true, i heard it from the dealership (they already have 6 on the lot).

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 11:44 AM   #31
musclecarofluv

Drives: former owner of an 85 IROCZ
two words:

ejecto-seat
Old 05-01-2008, 12:11 PM   #32
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by musclecarofluv View Post
two words:

ejecto-seat
... Like in James Bond or like in Too Fast Too Furious?...

I read on Jalopnik that there is going to be a alternative fuel option called "Mr. Fusion." Apparently, this device will enable an energy level close to that of a nuclear reactor and allow timetravel with ordinary household waste as fuel. It will be available as an option through GMPP so you can roll the cost into the vehicle financing. It will go head-to-head with the Mustang's next generation Shelby model and the Don Garlitts' Edition Challenger.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 12:27 PM   #33
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Update, Update, Update....

I just read in a reliable source....a magazine, actually its the MAGAZINE OF BS THAT WE CONJURED UP AT THE LAST MINUTE SO THAT WE COULD HAVE A COVER PAGE, magazine. (seriously, its a real magazine, big name though)....

Otherwise it said that the camaro will NOT make production....

it said that the world was not ready for such a bada$$ car with all the options listed above... is this really true, i mean a writer wouldn't just make up this just to sell a few magazines right...

Last edited by Camaro_Corvette; 05-01-2008 at 03:22 PM.
Camaro_Corvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:42 PM   #34
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
I've also heard that the Camaro's exhaust is going to come in three scents: Pine, Beer, and Mountan Spring. Really, the dealer wouldn't make something like this up. He swears by it. Also there's gonna be a new eco-friendly engine option, it's going to run on three grey squirrels with a chipmunk overdrive, this sucker'll run on peanuts.

Last edited by Jak; 05-01-2008 at 08:21 PM.
Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 01:44 PM   #35
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak View Post
I've also heard that the Camaro's exhaust is going to come in three scents: Pine, Beer, and Mountan Spring. Really, the dealer I wouldn't make something like this up. He swears by it. Also there's gonna be a new eco-friendly engine it's going to run on three grey squirrels with a chipmunk overdrive, this sucker'll run on peanuts.
I heard that engine was actually going to be the gerbil-powered 4-banger. It will be measured in gerbilpower (gp) instead of horsepower.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:08 PM   #36
Jak

Drives: 03 Dodge Dakota
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I heard that engine was actually going to be the gerbil-powered 4-banger. It will be measured in gerbilpower (gp) instead of horsepower.

Jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 03:13 PM   #37
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandango View Post
I heard Steve Saleen is personally hand building each V8 that's going in the top trim level which will most definately be SS which will stand for Saleen Sport and he takes back all he said about the Camaro and GM and Transformers.
That's not funny
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2008, 07:39 PM   #38
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

Now THAT's some funny s!!t!!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 03:39 PM   #39
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
I heard another version of the Mr. Fusion post above. You will be able to time travel but only back until 1967 where you will be able to purchase a first gen of your choice and have it stored by GM for 41 years free of charge. Then when you come forward in time. The swedish bikini will deliver your brand new untouched imaculate 1st gen. All for an upgrade option price of 25 cents and the option name is McFly85
Sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 04:59 PM   #40
fredl11

Drives: 2000 TT SS Camaro
Thumbs up I heard

that each one will come with 4 Concrete Blocks so we can remove the tires (to put on Truck) and put them up on blocks as soon as we return home to our trailers!

fredl11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 11:57 PM   #41
Mythic

Drives: '03 Monte Carlo SS
My Camaro will be specially outfitted at the factory to run on the Tears of Mustang owners.
Mythic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2008, 10:35 AM   #42
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mythic View Post
My Camaro will be specially outfitted at the factory to run on the Tears of Mustang owners.
I heard that would be called the Rivalry Option, offered free with the Top Dawg (TD) trim, which, based on it's ghetto spelling, will roll on 24" DUBs, feature hydraulics, include neons under the car, and a free tagged vinyl on each side of your hood gang—holla!
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camaro, rumors, z28