Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 09-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #29
z28collection
waiting for 5th gen

Drives: 99 z28 6 speed, 81 z28 auto
genesis

im lookin at the oct 08 issue of automobile magazine and they are saying that the hyundai genesis base price is $38000 and the one they tested was $42000. i dont know about anybody else but i wouldnt spend $40000 on hyundai ever, i dont care what it looks like or how fast it may be. i own a used car lot and get to see how stuff holds up. i always say anything new is nice, but lets see how nice it is at 100,000 miles or more. my experience is that hyundais are ok cars but the materials used suck they start to fall apart when they get some age on them. anyway thats just my .02.

http://www.myspace.com/ashleyjfowlkes
z28collection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #30
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
concerning price

hyundai website with pricing
Old 09-22-2008, 01:37 PM   #31
Wm Holden
Yes, that's my real name.

Drives: 2005 LS2 600hp GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by z28collection View Post
im lookin at the oct 08 issue of automobile magazine and they are saying that the hyundai genesis base price is $38000 and the one they tested was $42000. i dont know about anybody else but i wouldnt spend $40000 on hyundai ever, i dont care what it looks like or how fast it may be. i own a used car lot and get to see how stuff holds up. i always say anything new is nice, but lets see how nice it is at 100,000 miles or more. my experience is that hyundais are ok cars but the materials used suck they start to fall apart when they get some age on them. anyway thats just my .02.
dash board peeling off, etc.
Magnuson 112HH supercharger at 7.5 psi (Virtual 9.0 liter) 600hp 1 of 2 torrid/red int /A4/05 555r 275/40/R17's Nitto Extreme Drags 1.7 60 ft Car runs high 11's No other mods. I got the first 112HH Magnuson blower ported for a GTO. Now it appears it was also one of the last....

http://www.ribbonprinting.com http://www.personalizedawarenessribbons.com
Wm Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 04:41 PM   #32
SS4EVER
Camaro Convert...

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS Supercharged
Yeah, the Hyundai Genesis is a luxury sedan set to compete with Lexus, Mercedes, BMW, Cadillac, Lincoln, etc.

The Genesis sedan is probably going to be pretty heavy for it being a luxury car.

Now the Genesis that will be competing with the Camaro is the Genesis Coupe. Which in stock form shouldn't be much of a problem. it's going to come with two engine options. A turbo 4 with 222hp and a V6 with 310.

The Genesis Coupe V6 may be a little competition for the V6 Camaro, seeing it'll have around the same HP (I think less torque though) and it may weigh a little less.

But def not for the SS.
Old 09-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #33
DntWrryBeHappy21
Patiently Waiting...

Drives: whatevers in the driveway atm
Send a message via AIM to DntWrryBeHappy21
well I think its good hyundai is coming out of nowhere with this but, like z28collection said, lets wait and see how many miles it can take with the power and "luxury"

plus...

the camaro looks sexier.

One day....
DntWrryBeHappy21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 12:43 PM   #34
greenrail
Comic Curmudgeon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS-2010 VW CC Sport
They showed the Genesis Sedan and the Coupe at the Detroit auto show earlier this year. According to everything I have read, there will not be a V-8 in the coupe. (Not enough room for this powertrain inthe coupe)

The Sedan However, is actually a very nice piece. Our Local Hyundai Dealer has one in their showroom and it is darn close to what you may expect in a Lexus, Mercedes or BMW.

Hyundai is having a Drive comparison event during the weekend of October 4 and 5 here at the Autobahn near Joliet.

As far as durability, that will be interesting. It carries the Hyundai 10 year/100,000 mile drivetrain warranty.

At slightly less than $40,000 it is very competitive with the other makes listed above.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:46 PM   #35
AZCamaroFan
Camaro6 2016-2018

Drives: sometimes
"GM outdone by Hyundai"

Bite your tongue. That's impossible.
AZCamaroFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 02:15 PM   #36
headpunter

this thread was poorly named, very few people are going to buy a 40k hyundai. i dont care what kind of performance or luxury they have. they have to overcome the same quality and performance misconceptions that the General Motors brands need too.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:28 PM   #37
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by headpunter View Post
this thread was poorly named, very few people are going to buy a 40k hyundai. i dont care what kind of performance or luxury they have. they have to overcome the same quality and performance misconceptions that the General Motors brands need too.
+1 No offense to anyone, but that is one of the last cars I'd spend $40K on. Maybe after a few years and see how the quality is that could change, but not right now. I'm thinking their trying to ice skate uphill, but time will tell.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:23 PM   #38
rayhawk

Drives: Camaro SS
Also, I think a lot of people buy a luxury car for the name on the hood, it will be a long time before Hyundai is in that category. I'm sure it will be good for the money, but it is hard to brag about your Hyundai, in my opinion.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:45 PM   #39
headpunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayhawk View Post
Also, I think a lot of people buy a luxury car for the name on the hood, it will be a long time before Hyundai is in that category. I'm sure it will be good for the money, but it is hard to brag about your Hyundai, in my opinion.
that is 90% of thier problem. people with 40k are going to buy a cadillac, lexus, acura, bmw or mercedes, or audi long before buying a hyundai