Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 07-02-2012, 06:42 PM   #15
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st Gen Forever View Post
Nice. Thanks. I'll be watching this as I'm knee deep in upgrades right now and might try out some different CAIs to see what works best with high flow.
We can guarantee the design of this intake is the best out there in terms of fit and finish, airflow and stock style. Using a metal intake will simply attract heat and these things run hot enough.
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #16
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
Here are the dyno sheets from my Airaid install and tune on my ZL1, done by IPF tuning. These guys and this product are awesome.
Attached Images

Godsplumber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:15 PM   #17
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsplumber View Post
Here are the dyno sheets from my Airaid install and tune on my ZL1, done by IPF tuning. These guys and this product are awesome.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 01:37 PM   #18
DanSS24

Drives: Dream Cars in my head
Totally awesome

Wishful thinking...but I sure can dream big.
DanSS24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
Erik@Torq

Drives: '10 SS + '04 Z16 Z06 S/C
Send a message via MSN to Erik@Torq
These bad boys are in stock and ready to ship! Great quality and awesome gains from this intake!

/Erik
Erik@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #20
RULK

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1 Victory Red M6
My order is in....I should have it on Friday. Thanks Erik and team!!!
RULK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:34 AM   #21
radz28
Petro-sexual

I can't comment on this kit, however, I can on another Air Raid system, and it is absolutely top notch. In addition - it seems like their support is really second to none.

My dad purchase a CAI box for his truck several years ago before AR offered a complete system with the TB-to-box tube to replace the OEM pinched/muffled piece. We just ordered that smoothed AR tube and even received a CARB-approval sticker to add so everything is completely legal (important because we live in the Republic of California).

Anyways - I just wanted to throw in how great I think the product and support are. Air Raid will definately be at the top of my CAI list in the future!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 07-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #22
Meister@Torq

Drives: 2001 Crown Vic
Send a message via AIM to Meister@Torq Send a message via MSN to Meister@Torq
Thanks for the kind words. This is exactly why we select Airaid for our builds, project cars and asked them to make this kit for us/with us. Service and product is second to none
Meister@Torq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #23
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meister@Torq View Post
Thanks for the kind words. This is exactly why we select Airaid for our builds, project cars and asked them to make this kit for us/with us. Service and product is second to none
I thought I should say something For example: just the attention to detail on the rubber couplers, and how they will use a completely encapsulated clamp for the TB so the elbow doesn't shake off is just one example of the engineering quality on my dad's particular kit. Considering it's a truck, and goes off-road, it gives me confidence that thing isn't going anywhere when the going gets tough. Getting that CARB-label, after the fact, is just icing on the cake.

Air Raid = WIN

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 09-08-2012, 05:52 PM   #24
BIGBLKZL1

Drives: '12 ZL1/M6
Is there a way to avoid tapping the side for the stock clean air side oil trap?
BIGBLKZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:03 AM   #25
Enough

Drives: 2013ZL1
Once the hood is closed, where is the intake air coming into the air box? I can't see the bottom of the air box to see if there is a scoop or opening.
Enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:48 AM   #26
Enough

Drives: 2013ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enough View Post
Once the hood is closed, where is the intake air coming into the air box? I can't see the bottom of the air box to see if there is a scoop or opening.
Sorry, I answered my own question bygoing to Airaid's website and seeing the side scoop where the air inters.
Enough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 10:53 AM   #27
thespymaster

Drives: C7 / ZL1 / SS / trucsk
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz28 View Post
I thought I should say something For example: just the attention to detail on the rubber couplers, and how they will use a completely encapsulated clamp for the TB so the elbow doesn't shake off is just one example of the engineering quality on my dad's particular kit. Considering it's a truck, and goes off-road, it gives me confidence that thing isn't going anywhere when the going gets tough. Getting that CARB-label, after the fact, is just icing on the cake.

Air Raid = WIN
One of the reason I chose the Air Raid CAI for my ZL1 performance upgrades............ Details to follow
2015 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4
2012 GMC Sierra 3500HD 4x4
thespymaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:53 AM   #28
Godsplumber

Drives: 2012 ZL1,Victory Red
Absolutely