Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 03-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #127
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I need one too. Please PM me! I have a new truck on order.

I was hoping to use the $1k owner loyalty money for it in Feb., but they couldn't find the truck I wanted, so I had to order it. The owner loyalty offer has since expired.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:48 PM   #128
bandit38

Drives: Camaro SS - Trans Am - Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8 View Post
Hey guys...my husband just got a $1000 private offer pop up from the chevrolet website this morning...valid towards purchase or lease of eligible 2011/2012 New Chevrolets...take delivery by 4/2/2012, not eligible on ZL1, Aveo, Cruze or Sonic...he was looking at Avalanches and then chatted with a gm representative. Shortly after he got the private offer pop up. So they are still doing it!
Thanks for letting us know !

I'll go and try it some more

Would you mind telling me what zip code you entered when you were looking at Avalanches....I'm wondering if it only pops up if you are in certain zip codes.

Thanks again
bandit38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:57 PM   #129
Captain_Leo
Tiger Blood

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit38 View Post

Would you mind telling me what zip code you entered when you were looking at Avalanches....I'm wondering if it only pops up if you are in certain zip codes.

Thanks again

I would recommend using a variety. Pick 2 additional zip codes about 75-100 miles out and use each about 1/3 of the time.

The targeted offer form lets you re-enter your address anyway, I think.

Which then brings me to another point - why not try this on other cars' pages? If you get an private offer looking at avalanches, I'm fairly certain you can use it on all models. Right?
Captain_Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #130
HellOnWheels

Drives: '12 AGM 1SS LS3 | '08 2500HD Dmax
Hello fellow GM lovers! I've been lurking for a few months now and finally joined.

Anyway, I'm looking to purchace a '12 1SS and have been following this thread for a while. I was finally able to get the private offer to pop up so I can order this "sucker".

All I did was go to the chevy site click on camaro, bulid your own, select 1SS, enter zip code (80301), view matches, and bam up pops the offer.

Hope this helps.

On another note, how do you use this? Is it basicly a free bargining chip? Or do I talk the dealer down to the invoice price and then whip it out and take another $1000 off or what?

The fine print says "take delivery from dealer stock by 4/2/12". So, does that mean I have to buy one off the lot or can I order one (assuming it get delivered by 4/2/12)?

Thanks.
HellOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 08:39 PM   #131
NEVRL8

Drives: 2013 Victory Red 2SS/RS
Quote:

Thanks again

He used a Dallas, Tx zip code (not sure which one). Once the chat box window popped up, he chatted with the rep and asked if there were any private offers for him (gave him zip, last name and street number of home address). She said one expired for him on 1/3/2012, but nothing current. Then the $1000 private offer popped up a few minutes later. We used it at the dealership today after we negotiated the final deal. Was nice to get a little more off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Leo View Post
I would recommend using a variety. Pick 2 additional zip codes about 75-100 miles out and use each about 1/3 of the time.

The targeted offer form lets you re-enter your address anyway, I think.

Which then brings me to another point - why not try this on other cars' pages? If you get an private offer looking at avalanches, I'm fairly certain you can use it on all models. Right?

It said it was good towards any new 2011 or 2012 Chevrolet, except for ZL1, Cruze, Sonic and Aveo
NEVRL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #132
Rollar

Drives: 2012 Convertible 2SS 45th Anny
Any have an extra? I am purchasing my 2012 2SS tomorrow!
Rollar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:26 PM   #133
NEVRL8

Drives: 2013 Victory Red 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellOnWheels View Post
Hello fellow GM lovers! I've been lurking for a few months now and finally joined.

Anyway, I'm looking to purchace a '12 1SS and have been following this thread for a while. I was finally able to get the private offer to pop up so I can order this "sucker".

All I did was go to the chevy site click on camaro, bulid your own, select 1SS, enter zip code (80301), view matches, and bam up pops the offer.

Hope this helps.

On another note, how do you use this? Is it basicly a free bargining chip? Or do I talk the dealer down to the invoice price and then whip it out and take another $1000 off or what?

The fine print says "take delivery from dealer stock by 4/2/12". So, does that mean I have to buy one off the lot or can I order one (assuming it get delivered by 4/2/12)?

Thanks.

We waited until we negotiated our final price, and then showed him the private offer. Our offer said the same thing in fine print (take delivery from dealer stock)...the vehicle we wanted was located at a different dealer (in one state over)....our local dealer sent a driver to get it for us. Not sure about orders tho...can always try! Good luck!
NEVRL8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:33 PM   #134
bandit38

Quote:

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

WOW that did it....I really think this might be zip code specific...I put in the zip code you listed and got it the 1st time !!!....I have been trying for a few weeks (20-30 times) and got nothing but "request quotes".....But after you get the offer you fill in the zip code you want...so that doesn't matter at all....just so long as you get the offer to pop up

Thanks so much for your help !

I think it's exactly like a rebate.....which means after the best deal has been reached for the car.....this is deducted....since it isn't costing the dealer anything....they won't care a bit
Old 03-15-2012, 11:34 PM   #135
bandit38

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVRL8 View Post
He used a Dallas, Tx zip code (not sure which one). Once the chat box window popped up, he chatted with the rep and asked if there were any private offers for him (gave him zip, last name and street number of home address). She said one expired for him on 1/3/2012, but nothing current. Then the $1000 private offer popped up a few minutes later. We used it at the dealership today after we negotiated the final deal. Was nice to get a little more off!

Thanks for your help...I really do appreciate it....I had just about given up trying to get it !
Old 03-16-2012, 12:16 AM   #136
awfarley

Drives: 2011 5.7L Tundra Double-Cab X-SP
Man, this would have been nice 3 weeks ago
awfarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #137
HellOnWheels

Drives: '12 AGM 1SS LS3 | '08 2500HD Dmax
Quote:
WOW that did it....I really think this might be zip code specific...I put in the zip code you listed and got it the 1st time !!!....I have been trying for a few weeks (20-30 times) and got nothing but "request quotes".....But after you get the offer you fill in the zip code you want...so that doesn't matter at all....just so long as you get the offer to pop up

Thanks so much for your help !

I think it's exactly like a rebate.....which means after the best deal has been reached for the car.....this is deducted....since it isn't costing the dealer anything....they won't care a bit
No problem. Figured I'd help some people save money and get my question answered at the same time.
HellOnWheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 10:35 AM   #138
Supermaro585HP
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS RS
I got a $1500.00 one in the mail. I also got a $3000.00 off a new Tahoe or Yukon. They are trying to get me to to trade my 2010 Tahoe LTZ.
Supermaro585HP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 01:56 PM   #139
cman321

Drives: 2007 BMW 328i
would love private offer

would love to get the private offer. email newmail3211@gmail.com
cman321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:33 AM   #140
Gan6660

Drives: Ford Mustang V6 '10
Quote:

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Worked perfectly! If it doesn't pop up right away go to page 2 of the results and it will.
Gan6660 is offline   Reply With Quote