Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 02-27-2017, 04:03 PM   #43
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmpsix View Post
lol because it was really cool to hear it from the guys who made the Camaro shut some drunk dude up.

It was like something out of a movie, so we were talking cars and then some drunk dude comes and runs his mouth about how real Camaro's are manuals and any L99 is gonna get smoked, blah blah blah.

It was annoying me because I mentioned something about my car being auto and then he ran his mouth once I said it.

So then 2 dudes in blue show up and the younger one says "Ehhh I'd beg to differ" (or something like that) then he goes on about how sophisticated the L99 is once it's tuned and then he started getting into pound for pound. After like 30 seconds of him talking I noticed he had a GM Logo on his shirt and there were a few of them.

Someone introduced them as an Engineer for GM and said something like "Yeahhhh these guys actually made the cars, so I think they know a thing or two about them."

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...=349179&page=7

If you scroll down a bit in the pics, that's exactly where it happened. As it got darker the younger engineer on the right side with the shot going down is the one who put the verbal smack down and shut everyone up.
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...1&postcount=98

He was awesome, made me really proud to have an L99 and it was even better hearing it from HIM on what he felt would make our cars lay'eth the smack down on the LS3's!!
Funny after 4 years of ownership ive yet to run and Ls3. A little fun on the street with a really loud blsck one last summer...guy had his girlfriend in the car showingoff lol. He thought his car was loud.....till i dropped to first with the paddle shifter and let my car go. Gave me the thumbs up as he went one way and i went the other. The manual vs suto debate is the one i enjoy most here. Its nice to hear about dummies getting tuned about cars.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:34 PM   #44
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontammy0 View Post
Why did you post this lol......i have the 391s.....and tune but have a few months to go before i can test my car with its new stall and drag radials at the track. Im never doing mods again over winter.....driving me nuts waiting. I have had my car out a couple of times recently and its a hard charger.....no drag rsdials yet. Come on spring.
It won't be long now Ronnie!
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 04:41 PM   #45
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Camaro View Post
It won't be long now Ronnie!
Agghhhhh...its killing me lol

Last edited by rontammy0; 02-28-2017 at 12:06 AM.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:06 AM   #46
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Going to hit mid 70's here tomorrow.

Global warming? Yes please. F snow.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #47
Strider044

Drives: 2015 2ss/rs Commemorative edition
Lots of spray or a SC will beat a 392 ha
Old 05-05-2017, 01:18 PM   #48
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
I didn't realize how good the L99 Camaro was at the track until the Camaro Club I was in had a day at the dragway. I had only been to a track once before for TnT , I was not real good off the line. Still beat every M6 car even if it had a bunch of bolt on mods and my car was bone stock.

I seen a Challenger 392 run at my local track and they are faster. The last one I saw ran an 8.1 sec 1/8th mile when I was running only 8.4 secs.
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 08:45 AM   #49
JLGO

Drives: 2015 Camaro SS convertible L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
I didn't realize how good the L99 Camaro was at the track until the Camaro Club I was in had a day at the dragway. I had only been to a track once before for TnT , I was not real good off the line. Still beat every M6 car even if it had a bunch of bolt on mods and my car was bone stock.

I seen a Challenger 392 run at my local track and they are faster. The last one I saw ran an 8.1 sec 1/8th mile when I was running only 8.4 secs.
The L99 maybe short on hp but the gear ratio of the transmission makes up for ir. My L99 has no problems with stock 392 scatpacks but then again
the car is tuned with some boltons and 3.45 gear that the previous owner put in. I will be putting 3.91s next week along with Dynosteve tune.
JLGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 09:48 AM   #50
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Last night I ran an SRT Durango with the 6.4l 392ci motor. It was 4 wheel drive, it obviously had some work done to it. It ran 7.76 sec 1/8 mile and left me from the start. Those things launch hard, he had a 1.66 sec 60'. He won easily.
Old 05-12-2017, 10:53 AM   #51
Shoe2ss

Drives: 2014 2ssrs
well I drive a ls3. I have always ben a Camaro fan. if all you have to do is a tune, gears and sway bars on a l99 to wake'em up then maybe some of these performance shops on here should put together a package for the l99 to help get Camaros a lil more respect on the strip. hell I'm not to big to admit I was a lil disappointed in the performance of my stock ls3 when I got it. as long as you are not getting out ran by a mustang or dodge. lol
Old 05-12-2017, 11:38 AM   #52
JLGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoe2ss View Post
well I drive a ls3. I have always ben a Camaro fan. if all you have to do is a tune, gears and sway bars on a l99 to wake'em up then maybe some of these performance shops on here should put together a package for the l99 to help get Camaros a lil more respect on the strip. hell I'm not to big to admit I was a lil disappointed in the performance of my stock ls3 when I got it. as long as you are not getting out ran by a mustang or dodge. lol
I wish that GM had some kind of performance package to wake up the engine just like they had performance upgrades in their supercharged and turbocharged ecotec engines. An intake package with an CAI,throttle body, manifold and recalibration would've been nice.
Old 05-12-2017, 12:00 PM   #53
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
My 3.91 rear goes on in June.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:11 PM   #54
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLGO View Post
The L99 maybe short on hp but the gear ratio of the transmission makes up for ir. My L99 has no problems with stock 392 scatpacks but then again
the car is tuned with some boltons and 3.45 gear that the previous owner put in. I will be putting 3.91s next week along with Dynosteve tune.
I have a DynoSteve tune as well and yes the tranny tune really does change the car. It's good for about 0.2 sec. Are you sure they are running 392s? The way you launch with the "nannies on" pulls power. It's hard to believe you can launch hard at all. What times are you running? The DA here has been very high so it's tough to make power but it's all relevant when the guy you are racing is sitting next to you at the tree.
Old 06-28-2017, 06:48 PM   #55
JLGO

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
I have a DynoSteve tune as well and yes the tranny tune really does change the car. It's good for about 0.2 sec. Are you sure they are running 392s? The way you launch with the "nannies on" pulls power. It's hard to believe you can launch hard at all. What times are you running? The DA here has been very high so it's tough to make power but it's all relevant when the guy you are racing is sitting next to you at the tree.
You are sounding like those people in the SRT forums that don't even believe in their cars (they are always saying get a mustang). My car did have the 3.45 gears installed when all went down. I can bet those SRTs where manuals and the drivers aren't not a good shifters. I haven't seen any 392s ever since I installed the 3.91 gears in my l99.
Old 06-29-2017, 02:23 AM   #56
rontammy0
Account Suspended

From a dig i lost to a 392 Scat pack. He had him off the line but those are hard chargers on the big end and he got me by a hair. That was with a few boltons and tune. Since the 391 gears.....Circle D 3200 stall and Nitto 555r drag radials are on tbe car. The trans tune was very tame at the time of that race as well its set up alot more aggressive now.