Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 11-13-2014, 10:13 AM   #15
ATL Muscle
Account Suspended

Drives: A Few Camaros. All V8.
Pretty Good Deal! Talk To Josh @Spartan, he'll definitely tune it and get you right!
ATL Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 06:57 AM   #16
EDFHOBBIES
Dyno Show Queen LOL

Drives: 16 SS & 17 ZL1 Both Yellow
Send a message via Skype™ to EDFHOBBIES
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
BTW... I'm a 6 speed manual if you were wondering.

Thanks for the post.. I kept wanting to know this very thing every time I mentioned I was shot down.

Got a few questions though?

1. Off course you will be shifting sooner, But how noticeable is it?
  2. How is 6th gear on the hwy at 65? what RPMS?
  3. I wonder if it to much for higher HP cars?
I figured it would be awesome the 1Le has different gears in the tranny and everyone said it would like driving a diesel. by looking at the gearing they seemed to be close..

Kong Ported 2650, Crawford Racing Port Injection, Weapon X 112mm Adapter, NW112mm TB, Livernois Ported LT4 Heads, Lingenfelter GT32 stealth cam, Haltech Elite, and Carbon by Trufiber
EDFHOBBIES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 08:34 AM   #17
TECHTURTLE

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDFHOBBIES View Post
Thanks for the post.. I kept wanting to know this very thing every time I mentioned I was shot down.

Got a few questions though?

1. Off course you will be shifting sooner, But how noticeable is it?
  2. How is 6th gear on the hwy at 65? what RPMS?
  3. I wonder if it to much for higher HP cars?
I figured it would be awesome the 1Le has different gears in the tranny and everyone said it would like driving a diesel. by looking at the gearing they seemed to be close..
1. It was very noticeable at first but now I'm getting used to it.
2. 6th gear is much better from 70 on up, and I don't downshift as often as I did. RPM at 70 MPH is just below 2000.
3. Depends on how you drive... 1st gear would be super quick at WOT. But 3rd and 4th would rock.

Side note... MPG is up to 19.8 right now so less than 1 MPG loss.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
TECHTURTLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 12:30 PM   #18
KalCorp
Space Coast Camaros

Drives: 2012 Camaro Vert
You still recommend 3.91s for automatic? I thought they said it might be too much?
KalCorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 03:46 PM   #19
TECHTURTLE

Again, I'd say that it depends on how you drive. If you floor it from a dead stop traction will be an issue.

Added
Edelbrock E-Force Supercharger, GM 1LE Sway Bars, BMR Upper/Lower Trailing Arms, BMR Upper Control Arms. BMR Front/Rear Chassis Braces, BMR Tunnel Brace. GM Red knee Pads, GM Black Front Splitter, GM SEMA Concept Grille, GM Dark Taillights, GM Ground Effects package... Savini Di Forza BM-14 Gloss Black Wheels 9's front, 10's rear.
Old 11-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #20
954camaro

Drives: Camaro SS/RS inferno red interior
Yep traction is a issue with me special because of the crazy aggressive shift points that my tune gave it. But I don't regret the gears at all I am still so damn happy I did them. They are by far my favorite mod. You just gonna learn how much throttle to give your car instead if just flooring it all the time with no problem like you could do stock.

Also a great way to fix this is by getting Vitesse throttle contoller which you can actually lower or raise your throttle response. When I get mine I am gonna see what kind if lower I can set this so I get way more traction when I floor the car. Which would make it perfect
Old 11-30-2014, 08:41 PM   #21
wakespeak

Drives: 2020 ZL1 1LE
Techturtle, what instructions did you use?

Did the axles pop out of the diff or were special technique necessary?

Also do you have NPP? Wondering about the proper way to disconnect it.
Old 12-01-2014, 03:48 PM   #22
TECHTURTLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by wakespeak View Post
Techturtle, what instructions did you use?

Did the axles pop out of the diff or were special technique necessary?

Also do you have NPP? Wondering about the proper way to disconnect it.
I used the instructions from the following video, minus pulling the drive-shaft out. Also make sure to pull the traction control sensor out.

It's under "The Driveshaft Shop 9" differential install / 2010+ Camaro"

A light tug and both axles popped right out, no tools needed.

I do not have NPP, I just disconnected my exhaust at the headers, and set the front end onto my creeper then pulled the whole thing out the back.

Added
Old 12-06-2014, 09:37 PM   #23
MRREVINTO7

Drives: 14 1Le --14 chevy ss sedan 07shelby
3.91 really work in the SS cars with tr6060... As your ratios are 3..01 2.07 1.43 1.1 in the first 4 gears ..opposed to
In the 1le like I have ..3.91 with mn6 tr6060 trans ratios 2.66 1.78 1.30 1.1 ......so for a 1le to compete in first 3 gears we would need 4.33 final drive ratio,,,
MRREVINTO7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:58 PM   #24
wally mayfield

Drives: 2013 2SS 6M
I would like to see a comparison in ¼ mile times.
Strut tower brace(GM), CAI, Blade Spoiler, ZL1 wheels and tires, Heritage grill, Dual mode exhaust, and thats it, no more..except for the lowering springs..Ok Hotchkis springs were delivered today, thats it..
wally mayfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 11:13 PM   #25
sscarolina

Drives: Victory Red 1ss
The 3:91 gears are by far my best mod to date. While in bumper to bumper traffic I can cruse in first gear at 5mph and not stall. I also gained a couple of miles in city driving but lost a few on the highway.

These gears really woke the car up... highly recommend.
sscarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:33 PM   #26
Snidely Whiplash
Fight Crime, Drive Armed

Drives: '14 2SS Yelo Maro, HD collection
Quote:
Originally Posted by TECHTURTLE View Post
Not enough snow down here to justify at set of snow tires, so if it snows the Camaro will stay in the garage. I found out last year that P-zeros and snow don't mix.

Another plus to the gear change is that the RPM increase got rid of the drone from the GM Performance exhaust. It was right at 70 mph.
I too, have 70 mph drone from GHL "drone free" mufflers behind LG super pro 1 7/8" headers and 3" exhaust. I bought some G Force 1000 HP "lifetime" axles from one of the members, Pro1 Autosports, and will have him install a JRE diff, solid aluminum cradle bushings, and BMR diff bushings this Spring.

JD ran the axles and set the record for his class. The stock diff cannot push the 800 HP heavy Camaro into the 9s without breaking (3? times), so he's going G Force 9". JD might get the car going toward an 8 second pass as he'll leaver harder (transbrake?) on the T400.
Old 05-15-2017, 09:49 PM   #27
killercamaro23

Drives: 2012 camaro 2LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh @ Spartan LSX View Post
The 3.91 is the ONLY gear we'll install in the 5th gen Camaro's now. All the other ratio's & brands have problems but the GM 3.91 is perfect. We've got 3 cars in the shop getting 3.91's installed as I type this, including an LLT car.

One of the best mods for the money.
Hey Josh, quick question. If I have a 2012 2LS automatic v6 and wanted to do a whole 1le rear diff swap, axles, hubs and drive shaft does it matter if the 1le's diff was from an auto or manual tranny? does the differential have anything to do with what type of transmission it is to be compatible?
killercamaro23 is offline   Reply With Quote