Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > California Meets and Events

Old 04-27-2011, 03:37 AM   #1
Spit Fire

Drives: 98 SN-GT and 2001 Fordrolet
GTR Presents the 2nd annual Battle of the Brands Dyno Day!

GTR High Performance presents the 2nd annual Battle of the Brands Dyno Day!

Date of the event will be June 4th 2011 8am - till were done.

Held at -

GTR High Performance
8678 Utica Ave
Rancho Cucamonga CA 91730

- Price is $50 for 3 Pulls with HP/TQ/AF printout

Categories -
- Ford - includes Ford, Lincoln & Mercury etc.
- GM - includes Buick, Cadillac, Chevrolet, GMC, & Pontiac etc.
- Mopar - Dodge, Chrysler, & Plymouth etc.

Important Info -

- RWD and FWD Cars only. We dont have a dyno for AWD Cars but they are more than welcome to come and hangout.

- Dyno is a Dynojet Chassis Dyno

Last year was over run by Mustangs not saying its a bad thing which by the way was won by a 647 hp Mercury Cougar, but the other brands werent represented very well last year except the one Mopar which was a vortech Dodge Charger that made 540whp winning his class and the GM was won by an Iroc Camaro that made 147 whp yes 147 whp!

So lets get the word out and get the other brands to bring some competition this year! There will be trophies for the winners of each brand with the highest HP & TQ!

This is limited to street cars only! All cars participating must be street driven and registered. No trailer cars!

So run what you brung and hope you brought enough to take home "The Battle of the brands" title!

Food & drinks will be provided for Dyno Participants only as of now.

Stay tuned for more details. Any questions hit me up or call the shop 909-987-4386.

Updated 5-7-11

Attention dyno participants:

GTR High Performance will be hosting their 2nd annual Battle of The Brands Dyno Shoot-Out on Saturday June 4th. This event is open to all STREET LEGAL AND REGISTERED LATE-MODEL FORD, GM, AND MOPAR VEHICLES. Space is limited to a first-come-first served basis and pre-registration is encouraged (but not required). Participants are encouraged to call and pre-pay (with a credit card/debit card) and reserve a spot for $50. Otherwise, same day registration will be limited to available spots. We cannot guarantee or know how many spots will be available the day of the dyno contest.

If you choose to prepay and reserve a spot and fail to show up on the day of the dyno contest or simply show up very late and there are no more spots or time to test their vehicle during the hours of the dyno contest, you will not be eligible to compete in the dyno competition for the trophies. Pre-registration is the best way to "guarantee" a spot on the day of the dyno contest as we will be limited to a maximum of 25 cars that will compete in the contest and those spots will fill up fast!

If someone calls to pre-pay and reserve a spot for the dyno contest and fails to appear on or during the contest, we will apply their $50 credit towards a regular dyno test session which can be scheduled at the vehicle owner's convenience on a different date. Regular pricing for dyno test sessions is $75, so the balance of $25 will need to be paid when the vehicle is dyno tested on an alternate date/time. Unfortunately, the $50 pre-payment for the dyno contest is non-refundable (only store credit will be given) because by reserving a spot for the June 4th Dyno Contest, we are taking the spot and opportunity from another vehicle to participate.

Let me know if any of this is unclear or if you have any questions, feel free to email me directly at: ricardo@gtrhipo.com

Thanks and hope to see you at the 2nd Annual GTR Battle of The Brands Dyno Shoot-Out on Saturday June 4th! May the best car win!!

Ricardo Topete

V.P. GTR High Performance

Camaro5 participants
- 1sweet11SS
- Electlatino
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Last edited by Spit Fire; 05-07-2011 at 03:26 AM.
Spit Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2011, 04:16 AM   #2
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Does it have to be cars? I know of a few Duramaxed powered trucks pushing into 4 digits.
Old 04-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Date and Time would be great.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:16 AM   #4
Spit Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno LS3 View Post
Does it have to be cars? I know of a few Duramaxed powered trucks pushing into 4 digits.
Only what can fit on our dyno. Durmax trucks are usually too wide and sometimes too long same for ford f250's etc. Remember we have a chassis dyno on a 4 post lift. If they wanna bring it and try but i cant guarantee anything.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
Spit Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRSM6 View Post
Date and Time would be great.
Stay tuned for a date, one will be posted in the next few days!
Old 04-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #6
Spit Fire

Updated info
Old 04-28-2011, 12:44 AM   #7
Inferno LSX
Supercharged LSX

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Black/Carbon Fiber
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit Fire View Post
Only what can fit on our dyno. Durmax trucks are usually too wide and sometimes too long same for ford f250's etc. Remember we have a chassis dyno on a 4 post lift. If they wanna bring it and try but i cant guarantee anything.
Cool, I'll keep it in mind.
Old 04-28-2011, 02:12 AM   #8
pyr0b0y
need....more....hp

Drives: The Neighbor Hater
hmmmmm.....might have to make a trip down if the new engine goes in by then!

Mast Motorsports Built LS3 Stroker 418, IPS GT35R Twin Turbos, Exedy GTO4XD Twin Disc Clutch, Aeromotive A1000 Eliminator Stealth Fuel Pump, AEM Meth Injection, DSS 1400hp Axels, BC Coilovers, Pfadt & BMR Suspension, Hawk HPS Pads, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Hurst Shifter, Custom Roll Cage by Blu808, T3 Ports, 22" Custom Concave Mesh Rims
pyr0b0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 02:55 AM   #9
Spit Fire

Yeah because GM was represented by a 147 whp iroc
That was 147 whp after we tried taking the filter off the carburetor, it was 138 whp before that lol!

Please come out and represent that GM muscle, i know theres better than what we had last year. And hey you never know you may take home the battle of the brands GM trophy!
Old 04-29-2011, 10:20 AM   #10
Spit Fire

Right now ill start a list of verbal commitments under the event info, so anybody thats coming to get in on this action and dyno for sure let me know so i can reserve you a spot. Spaces will be limited but we do get ppl that commit and dont show up on the day of the event which then we can let the next person on the list move in to their spot and so on.
Old 04-29-2011, 04:31 PM   #11
electlatino

Drives: 2SS with RS and Ground Effects
gotta double check my calendar when i get home, but i should be able to go and i'll do a dyno pull too. i've been curious to see what gains i achieved with my recent mods
Old 04-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #12
1sweet11SS

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spit Fire View Post
Right now ill start a list of verbal commitments under the event info, so anybody thats coming to get in on this action and dyno for sure let me know so i can reserve you a spot. Spaces will be limited but we do get ppl that commit and dont show up on the day of the event which then we can let the next person on the list move in to their spot and so on.

Please put me on the list. I'll be there FOR SURE.

Thanks
Autoclub Dragway Best MPH: 112.01 Jan 7, 2012
1sweet11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 11:26 PM   #13
Spit Fire

Updated
Old 05-01-2011, 10:12 PM   #14
electlatino

Drives: 2SS with RS and Ground Effects
just realized this is the same day as another event: the 8th annual "Saving Lives" car show in Woodland Hills.

any chance GTR might be willing to do it another weekend?