Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 05-15-2011, 08:05 PM   #43
JHL88

Drives: 02 z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodUSMC View Post
blizzpat you don't know anything about the v6. YOU DONT KNOW SHIT.

Stock V6 Camaro > Stock GT anyday.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Springerrob View Post
Well Mr. Know everything, you have been wrong in so many post, thank god you know everything. What I am basically saying is since you have never driven a V6 Camaro and continue to offer your uninformed opinion without any merit other than your street cred, shows a lot about who you are. My next door neighbor has a 2004 Bullitt Mustang with 2400 miles on it. He can beat my V6 but by about 1/2 a car length. Mustangs can be beasts, but the off the lot GT before 2011 needs work. Am I saying the V6 Camaro can beat all Mustangs, no not at all.
You are way to hung up on weight, HP and torque which shows you lack of real experience. Face the fact, you are a little V6-a-phobe! The V6 Camaro is very impressive, especially when you keep it in the 4500 to 6500 RPM range.
There are points where the V6 is more responsive than the V8, and remember I own one of each.

Now for me, I don't race anymore but I believe you should know what your talking about before you post. My father raced up till about 5 years ago, at 65 he decided it was time to retire. I raced some and I have spent a lot of time around the track. Oh, and when I got my V6 my dad and his race buddies loved it, Its an impressive engine.

I'll leave the twinkles alone, consider the source.

Oh and by the way, a V6 Mustang beat a GT last night and I know you've been following that post.

Oh, and back when I raced I took 1 whole second off my 1/4 by changing from 70 series to 50 series tires, same HP, TQ, and weight. Go figure.

im sorry but you all need to do learn a thing or two, you both are wrong. with equal drivers the s197 will take down a 5th gen v6. given they both are rated around the same HP the GT has more constant power under the power curve. look at a dyno sheet and compare the two to see for yourself. not to mention the torque advantage of the 3V AND the SRA for being easier to launch plus the weight advantage. im not hating either its the truth
2002 torch redc5z06 - sold :(
'13 z71 4x4 - DD

www.fquick.com/JHL88
JHL88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:53 PM   #44
Springerrob

Drives: 11 RJT SS Convertible /10 CG 2LT RS
I think the point was lost 20 post's ago! Nowhere did I state that the V6 Camaro is faster than a Mustang GT. I stated in past post's that a V6 Camaro can beat an older, not at its peak GT. I also stated that there's more to racing than HP, Tq and weight. I also stated that the V6 is an impressive car with an impressive engine (as is the new Mustang V6) and before anyone trash the V6 Camaro they should drive one first.
If any of you have spent as much time around racing as you claim, you should see no flaws in my comments, well except possibly grammer and spelling.
Springerrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #45
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
I think the point was lost 20 post's ago! Nowhere did I state that the V6 Camaro is faster than a Mustang GT. I stated in past post's that a V6 Camaro can beat an older, not at its peak GT. I also stated that there's more to racing than HP, Tq and weight. I also stated that the V6 is an impressive car with an impressive engine (as is the new Mustang V6) and before anyone trash the V6 Camaro they should drive one first.
If any of you have spent as much time around racing as you claim, you should see no flaws in my comments, well except possibly grammer and spelling.
Tell that to this kid

Quote:
blizzpat you don't know anything about the v6. YOU DONT KNOW SHIT.

Stock V6 Camaro > Stock GT anyday.
blizzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 10:58 PM   #46
BloodUSMC
Blood Sucking War Machine

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS - A6
Quote:
+1

and btw I never post anything like that until blizzpat started attacking v6s on my other topic and no he is here doing the same. seems like he got something against the v6's or been abused by one.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:26 AM   #47
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Quote:
V6 owners? yeah sure because we own them and we know what it can do.

never been to a track? where r u getting ur info from?

anyway. it seems like you guys only look at hp/tq/weight and nothing else. its not all about that as others mentioned in other threads.
Really? Why don't you ask scrming? He has owned an s197 mustang and a fifth gen v6. What's the fastest fifth gen v6 ET? 14.0 is the fastest I'm aware of. The fastest 3v gt ET I'm aware of in bone stock form is a 13.3. Do you know what it looks like when a car runs 13.3 against a 14.0? How about even 13.5 vs 14.0? That's what I call a spanking. Sorry, you're dead wrong and you are blind. The s197 gt puts more power to the tire, weighs less, has shorter gearing, and has better traction. I know what the fifth gen v6 is capable of and when my car was stock, I would stay right next to 3v gt's and walk away HARD from fifth gen 6s.

He never attacked the v6 in this thread, he was REALISTIC. Saying a car will lose doesn't mean he is attacking it. Fact is, unless there is a huge driver deficiency, the 3v is going to walk away, period.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:44 AM   #48
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GretchenGotGrowl View Post
I think all the V6 guys are chiming in to SUPPORT the V8 guy. Several V6's have beaten GTs up to and including the '10 model. Regardless of why, if a bolt on V6 can beat them even once and a while, then an SS shouldn't have a problem. TAKE THE COMPLEMENT FOR GOODNESS SAKES!
this.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 12:48 AM   #49
8cd03gro

The sad thing is, that's not at all what's going on. You have a couple v6 guys claiming stock v6 camaro > 3v gt mustang. It looks a lot like a honda civic forum thread.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:42 AM   #50
Springerrob

Drives: 11 RJT SS Convertible /10 CG 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Really? Why don't you ask scrming? He has owned an s197 mustang and a fifth gen v6. What's the fastest fifth gen v6 ET? 14.0 is the fastest I'm aware of. The fastest 3v gt ET I'm aware of in bone stock form is a 13.3. Do you know what it looks like when a car runs 13.3 against a 14.0? How about even 13.5 vs 14.0? That's what I call a spanking. Sorry, you're dead wrong and you are blind. The s197 gt puts more power to the tire, weighs less, has shorter gearing, and has better traction. I know what the fifth gen v6 is capable of and when my car was stock, I would stay right next to 3v gt's and walk away HARD from fifth gen 6s.

He never attacked the v6 in this thread, he was REALISTIC. Saying a car will lose doesn't mean he is attacking it. Fact is, unless there is a huge driver deficiency, the 3v is going to walk away, period.

So, Scrming is my hero!, and If I remember correctly he had a 6 in his mustang. Scrming was all about getting all he could out of the 6. Scming also did this when the Camaro (especially the V6) was forign to everybody, there as little to no parts available for these cars. He frequently made his own.

Sometimes it's not what you say it's how you say it. Having an opinion and making a point is vastly different than trashing someones ride (or that person) it's not what most of us come here for.
Springerrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 01:41 PM   #51
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by HufferSS View Post
Agreed. It seems like most of those claiming it can do it are the V6 owners who have never been to a track. Little bursts on the street don't mean a whole lot. Run em out for a 1/4 mile and the GT is going to take the LT every time.

Have to agree.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 05:32 PM   #52
JHL88

Drives: 02 z06
Quote:
IMO i haven't seen any bashing going on against the v6, its just a fact that with both drivers being equal the v6 wont top a s197. i guess for some of you thats hard to swallow or something? we're just being honest here. i mean my first car (97 camaro) had 200 hp and now they're 300+ i think thats pretty good. but dam that 3.8 was a great engine GM shoved that motor in more cars than i remember
2002 torch redc5z06 - sold :(
'13 z71 4x4 - DD

www.fquick.com/JHL88
JHL88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2011, 06:30 PM   #53
8cd03gro

Exactly, somehow saying the v6 will lose is bashing?

"Would I beat a z06?"

"No."

"Quit bashin' mah car broz!"
Old 05-16-2011, 06:36 PM   #54
GretchenGotGrowl

Drives: 11 F150 EB/13 Sonic RS/15 Z06
Wow, such sensitive people!
Old 05-16-2011, 07:07 PM   #55
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS

Apparently if I can't beat a zr1, whoever says the zr1 is faster is bashing my SS... Damn them!!!!
blizzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2011, 06:17 AM   #56
JSC81

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8cd03gro View Post
Exactly, somehow saying the v6 will lose is bashing?

"Would I beat a z06?"

"No."

"Quit bashin' mah car broz!"
Lol...