Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 06-16-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
Skidpuppy
ACE5

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Clear Bra and Bumblebee stripes

I may put bumblebee stripes on my SS and clear bra. The stripes would be glossy.

My question is.... where the stripes come down the bumper cover to the mail slot, would you put the stripes over or under the clear bra?
Old 06-16-2011, 10:06 AM   #2
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
neither. clear bra should come right up to the stripes but not over top. but if you have to, stripes go under.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 10:29 AM   #3
Skidpuppy
ACE5

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3
Thanks.
Old 06-16-2011, 11:52 AM   #4
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
My stripes are under the bra...
Old 06-16-2011, 04:46 PM   #5
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
I install both... but mainly clear bras now. You definitely want to go under the clear bra with the stripes. Vinyl will get nicked up by rocks just as paint will so you will want to go under the clear bra with them.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:46 PM   #6
liquidsmoke
Two Miles An Hour

Drives: SIM 2LT RS
this is the same issue i have.

I already have a clear bra, but no stripes.
whenever i finally decide on the style of stripes i want, the clear bra seems to be a huge conflict.

I want them to be matt black, so im sure it will look weird with a clear bra on top of the matt color making it shiny.

i also dont want to waste the money i spent on the clear bra by taking it off, doing stripes and paying for a new clear bra. But if i put them ontop, they will only get damaged by rock chips.

so sad.

expect nothing, but take everything
liquidsmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 06:06 PM   #7
hypurone
I'm not totally useless..

Drives: ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmoke View Post
this is the same issue i have.

I already have a clear bra, but no stripes.
whenever i finally decide on the style of stripes i want, the clear bra seems to be a huge conflict.

I want them to be matt black, so im sure it will look weird with a clear bra on top of the matt color making it shiny.

i also dont want to waste the money i spent on the clear bra by taking it off, doing stripes and paying for a new clear bra. But if i put them ontop, they will only get damaged by rock chips.

so sad.
A good installer can cut the clearbra without damage to clear the stripes when they are installed. They will simply lay them out on the car as they would be installed and trace/cut the clearbra first. Remove that section of clearbra and install the stripes... NO conflict!
Old 06-17-2011, 08:02 AM   #8
htp autoworks
Account Suspended

Drives: 2007 Jeep SRT-8
Yes and flat or matte stripes have to go over the clear bra.... going under it would make them look glossy. I ususally apply the clear bra around the stripes... but in your case they will need to go over or you will need to find a good installer that can trim the bra out where the stripes will go.
htp autoworks is offline   Reply With Quote