Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-06-2009, 03:41 PM   #1
2010SSRS

Drives: 2000 Silverado
Chicago Dealer Just Called.......

Phillips Chevy south of Chicago just call me. called them because i saw on autotrader.com they had what i ordered. well, they didn't then (2 weeks ago).

he calls today and says they have 2 2SS's and 1 2LT for sale. 1 of the 2SS's is my specs only with a sunroof. so i say "i'll pick it up Saturday so long as you're doing GMS." he said, "no, we're at $2000 over MSRP on all of them."

i then replied "no wonder you can't sell em', my offer stands for GMS." he wished me luck............

seemed like a nice guy, too bad management has to rape folks.

VR 2SSRS LS3 - Borla, SLP CAI
2010SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:25 PM   #2
GothamCamaro
Then you're gonna love me

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro Tumbler RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SSRS View Post
Phillips Chevy south of Chicago just call me. called them because i saw on autotrader.com they had what i ordered. well, they didn't then (2 weeks ago).

he calls today and says they have 2 2SS's and 1 2LT for sale. 1 of the 2SS's is my specs only with a sunroof. so i say "i'll pick it up Saturday so long as you're doing GMS." he said, "no, we're at $2000 over MSRP on all of them."

i then replied "no wonder you can't sell em', my offer stands for GMS." he wished me luck............

seemed like a nice guy, too bad management has to rape folks.
Hence why I'm going North to get my 2LT.

Anyone that knows of a place that is making the Concept Shifter for the new Camaro. (Auto specifically) Please let me know.

Order# NDTMVP Ordered 10/23/08.
2000 on 5/21/09... It begins.....
4B00 on 6/26/09... In transit to the Cave
5000 on 7/6/09 it waits for my arrival!
1000000 on 7/10/09 The Tumbler is in the Cave!
GothamCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:35 PM   #3
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
I still don't understand why it's so evil for a dealer to sell for what he can. As long as he's not screwing over a guy who got pre-ordered what's wrong with someone getting as much as they can for whatever he's selling. Free market. You can go somewhere else and get one. Supply and demand. All they need to do is be honest about MSRP, which is gauranteed by law, then so be it. I don't have a problem with it. If he can't sell it then he screwed up and that's on him. I'm supposed to think that a guy with a Babe Ruth rookie card is some kind of sinister a-hole because he wants 100k for it? We allready see some idiots paying thousands more than MSRP so we know they'll sell. jmo

I think they'll sell less and be worse off in the long run but maybe not. you're doing the right thing and going somewhere else.
Old 05-06-2009, 05:52 PM   #4
YellowFin

Drives: 2016 Colorado Z71
It'll probably be 10-12 months before GMS starts to happen unless you know somebody.
2010 Camaro SS

Current:
2016 Chevy Colorado 4X4 Z71 in black
2016 Chevy Camaro 2SS in red
YellowFin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:18 PM   #5
carls241

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My car is in tommorow, pre-ordered, and my price is GMS. I have the deal written up as well as my bank has the documentation. My dealer stated, I told you GMS, and we will honor GMS.

They are not selling there Lot cars at GMS though.

He stated that they have already received calls from locator companies for 3k over MSRP.
carls241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:46 PM   #6
2010SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by carls241 View Post
My car is in tommorow, pre-ordered, and my price is GMS. I have the deal written up as well as my bank has the documentation. My dealer stated, I told you GMS, and we will honor GMS.

They are not selling there Lot cars at GMS though.

He stated that they have already received calls from locator companies for 3k over MSRP.
you know ive heard that. here also. don't really get it, but oh well. at least our dealers (in WI) are doing MSRP for lot cars. GMS on orders.

Old 05-06-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
2010SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by irpq11 View Post
I still don't understand why it's so evil for a dealer to sell for what he can. As long as he's not screwing over a guy who got pre-ordered what's wrong with someone getting as much as they can for whatever he's selling. Free market. You can go somewhere else and get one. Supply and demand. All they need to do is be honest about MSRP, which is gauranteed by law, then so be it. I don't have a problem with it. If he can't sell it then he screwed up and that's on him. I'm supposed to think that a guy with a Babe Ruth rookie card is some kind of sinister a-hole because he wants 100k for it? We allready see some idiots paying thousands more than MSRP so we know they'll sell. jmo

I think they'll sell less and be worse off in the long run but maybe not. you're doing the right thing and going somewhere else.
not that this is the case, but i've read posts about pre-orders coming in and the dealers charging above MSRP to the person who ordered it!

i just don't get why folks are paying it........could you imagine how bad it would be if the economy was great?

Old 05-06-2009, 07:13 PM   #8
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
just went to go see it here, dealer Johnny Londoff was proud that theyre charging $4k over MSRP to order. Thought it was kinda funny. Good for them there are some people willing to pay whatever just to have it. Not that serious to me. If something crazy happened and my GMS didn't come through I'd rather wait or get it somewhere else. Paying more than what something is worth is just plain irresponsible and you shouldn't receive any sympathy.

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:20 PM   #9
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
I agree if a dealer tried to charge over msrp I would wait till I could get it for min. of msrp. I orderd and last fri. my salesman was off and the sales mgr tried to tell me I had to pay more than msrp. I went off on my salesman and sent an email to the company and the next morning got an appalogy and was told msrp as agreed to.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:43 PM   #10
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
not that this is the case, but i've read posts about pre-orders coming in and the dealers charging above MSRP to the person who ordered it!

i just don't get why folks are paying it........could you imagine how bad it would be if the economy was great?
Ya I know. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pay over sticker. And I feel bad for all those who didn't get it in writing. Those dealers are a-holes. Or the ones who bump a guy in the system who pre-ordered so they can sell one over. But the ones who wouldn't take pre-orders so they could get cars and jack them up, more power to them. Maybe they do well, maybe they don't. I think it's a bad business decision. How well did it work for Dodge and the Chally? Word is they regreted it. They didn't sell as many as they could have.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:52 PM   #11
2010SSRS

Quote:
Ya I know. Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't pay over sticker. And I feel bad for all those who didn't get it in writing. Those dealers are a-holes. Or the ones who bump a guy in the system who pre-ordered so they can sell one over. But the ones who wouldn't take pre-orders so they could get cars and jack them up, more power to them. Maybe they do well, maybe they don't. I think it's a bad business decision. How well did it work for Dodge and the Chally? Word is they regreted it. They didn't sell as many as they could have.
yeah.......now they can't give em' away! employee plus - rebates - great financing and STILL can't move em'.

man, i hope you get your car soon.......we want some REAL pics of Bonnie in YOUR car........not photoshop.

nice job though! had i not seen the thread that pic came from, i never woulda known..........

Old 05-06-2009, 08:00 PM   #12
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
... I think it's a bad business decision. How well did it work for Dodge and the Chally? Word is they regreted it. They didn't sell as many as they could have.
Dodge got slammed on this before when it happened with the Prowler...
They said they wouldn't do that again, but they did. Maybe they just can't prevent it per the franchise laws.

The only thing that seems strange about those franchise laws is that John Deere, who has the same structure can ABSOLUTELY dictate that all prices are MSRP. If not, they shitcan that dealer. My father knows many JD dealers that say that is what has happened.
Old 05-06-2009, 08:04 PM   #13
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
.......we want some REAL pics of Bonnie in YOUR car.......
Heck with Bonnie IN the car, we want her ON the car ala Tawny Kitaen.

(well as long as she approves....)
Old 05-06-2009, 08:14 PM   #14
2010SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Heck with Bonnie IN the car, we want her ON the car ala Tawny Kitaen.

(well as long as she approves....)