Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 10-02-2016, 03:52 PM   #15
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by teobilly View Post
Exact. It's easier to find a muffler and an Electric Cutout. I spent a lot of money for my Magnalow, i don't want to change it.

Here how it's look my exhaust right now.
I still have some space ?!
didn't know you had stright pipes you have some spaces. look what Bo White did with his cutouts. it's an idea.

p.s Will you be at Monza track saturday?
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 06:38 PM   #16
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Did you cut your resonators out too???
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 05:24 AM   #18
teobilly

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013 (EU Version)
Guys question:
You think is possibile to install the XForce Varex VMK31-300 between the Magnaflow axle back and the long tube headers near the xpipe (Look at the photo to see where I want to install it ?

Thanks
Attached Images

teobilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 07:29 AM   #19
MrChrisLS3

Drives: 2018 1SS M6
Putting the muffler on, I don't think you'll have the space to run a pipe from a cut out forward of the muffler and have it go to the tail pipe. I think the normal electric cut out set up is about as close as you will get.

The problem is that there isn't much distance to work with behind the axle. I have seen a couple of set ups in old C4 Corvettes where they put the cut outs right where the two pipes come turn to go to the mufflers.
MrChrisLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2017, 07:44 AM   #20
teobilly

Drives: Camaro 2SS 2013 (EU Version)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChrisLS3 View Post
Putting the muffler on, I don't think you'll have the space to run a pipe from a cut out forward of the muffler and have it go to the tail pipe. I think the normal electric cut out set up is about as close as you will get.

The problem is that there isn't much distance to work with behind the axle. I have seen a couple of set ups in old C4 Corvettes where they put the cut outs right where the two pipes come turn to go to the mufflers.
Thanks.
Maybe i found a solution.
I was thinking on the xForce Varex Mufflers VMK52-300.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...-300/overview/

What do you guys think?
My idea was to cut a part of my Magnaflow exhaust (Red part in the photo), and to add the muffler with the valve. You think is working?

Thanks
Attached Images

teobilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 03:57 PM   #21
pir4te
Moonshiner

Drives: Holden SS-V L77 flex fuel
Quote:
Originally Posted by teobilly View Post
Thanks.

Maybe i found a solution.

I was thinking on the xForce Varex Mufflers VMK52-300.

https://www.summitracing.com/int/par...-300/overview/

What do you guys think?

My idea was to cut a part of my Magnaflow exhaust (Red part in the photo), and to add the muffler with the valve. You think is working?

Thanks

Not a bad idea if that's the only place aftermarket bimodal mufflers will fit, why not just put a proper set of (NPP) bimodal mufflers at the rear?
Old 06-01-2017, 08:47 PM   #22
762ch

Drives: 2011 2SS
Where are the mufflers ? I don't even see a resonator. That car must be really loud and obnoxious.
762ch is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
magnaflow, muffler, valves