Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Closed Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 05:09 PM   #71
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Initally, I wasn't too hot on them, however, they aren't by any means bad, IMVHO.

I'm only worried about offending all those Mustangs that will be seeing them

J/K - but seriously...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 08-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #72
Shifty 6

Drives: 2010 GTI
If we can get the amber turns and reverse lights in the other lens.....Yeah! This car is getting better and better. I guess it is a good thing, i have had to wait.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:16 PM   #73
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
Forget the Hurst, Earnhardt, WD-40, Callaway, Lingefelter, nicky and Tom Henry edition Camaros. I want the "Kenny Powers"
Attached Images

Old 08-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #74
GraphixJunkie
Kneel before Zod

Drives: 1998 Silverado & 2013 Focus ST
um, how about you figure out a way to give us the original concept tail lights with PROPER afterburner effects????? This is garbage of the worst kind. I dont need memories of horrible '80s sunglasses killing my favorite car. They should have made the tail lights part of the trunk assembly thus making 2 huge improvements: 1. It would greatly increase the pathetic trunk opening. 2. It would allow them to deepen the tail light cans so they could more closely mimic the concept's deep appearance. GM please squash this nastiness before it spreads!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:19 PM   #75
wylde1
I am the Stig

Drives: Black w/ IOM stripe 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scourtney View Post
Don't think the lights look bad, just different. I could see them growin' on me.

However, the ONLY thing I am truly excited about is that there appears to be no shark fin on the trunk. I thought the antennae on the trunk behind the 3rd brake light was hideously ugly and made the trunk too busy. It's my only 'vert complaint, so I hope this is a production model of some sort.

I hear ya on the shark fin on the trunk lid. I don't mind it on the roof, because at least it still somewhat flows with the lines of the car.

My guess would be that the one we saw with it on the trunklid was a prototype and they just stuck it there until they could figure out a better solution and were occupied with something else at the moment.

That said, I'm not 100% feelin' the vert yet. mabye if they could smooth out the lines in the ragtop, but being able to see the "ribs" ruins it for me.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:22 PM   #76
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
Forget the Hurst, Earnhardt, WD-40, Callaway, Lingefelter, nicky and Tom Henry edition Camaros. I want the "Kenny Powers"
You're a fool, LOL!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraphixJunkie View Post
um, how about you figure out a way to give us the original concept tail lights with PROPER afterburner effects????? This is garbage of the worst kind. I dont need memories of horrible '80s sunglasses killing my favorite car. They should have made the tail lights part of the trunk assembly thus making 2 huge improvements: 1. It would greatly increase the pathetic trunk opening. 2. It would allow them to deepen the tail light cans so they could more closely mimic the concept's deep appearance. GM please squash this nastiness before it spreads!
That'd be cooler, IMHO, but it's still pretty early to get too out of shape, IMVHO That trunk opening isn't too cool, but I'm not going grocery shopping, so it didn't matter much to me I do like the way you're thinking though. The only thing I think could be a problem is leaning into the trunk and banging your head on all that stuff when you withdraw it I'm loving seeing LEDs though

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 08-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #77
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Seeing it first hand (yes, I looked with my eyes, hence the shaky-ness in the video...), I'd rock it WITHOUT a doubt.

Hell, I'd even drive that all over the USA just so people could see it....I'm starting to like 13 hour road trips!

Old 08-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #78
CAMARO4LIFE

Drives: Chevy
looks good!
Old 08-24-2010, 05:29 PM   #79
Americanmuscle11

Drives: car
These new tail lights look real good. Very fresh design with that Audi look when the tail lights are lit. Also appears to be no ugly reverse lights in the middle of the bumper, maybe they incorporated them into the tail lights.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:41 PM   #80
CrimsonHowitzer

Drives: 2-70 Camaros,40 chev 2dr sedan
If this is the design for the Z 28 taillights then SLP here I come I'll just get the 2011 ZL585 instead. The front end was looking like it was going to be bad enough, this would finish it off.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #81
KEEP RT
Wonderfully Awful Idea

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
I'll say it. I don't much care for them. They look like sunglasses! think of the comments that will be said. not ??? But good looking out.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:06 PM   #82
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
I remember when people said the current tail lights look too "Corvette-ish"

Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 PM   #83
CrimsonHowitzer

Drives: 2-70 Camaros,40 chev 2dr sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
I remember when people said the current tail lights look too "Corvette-ish"

That's because they didn't remember the '70-'73.
Old 08-24-2010, 06:11 PM   #84
ketel0ne

Drives: Used to have 2010 SGM
I am betting there will be a whole lotta love for this when it comes out "sunglasses" or not.

Closed Thread