Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-26-2007, 06:48 PM   #57
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
I don't care what platform the Camaro is built on it's still an F-Body to me. Also I guess my household is a huge contradiction. The Mustang is my wife's car. Mine is an '01 Trans Am.
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:58 PM   #58
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Remeber this thread? Well I saw a guest was checking it out (yes, I'm watching you guys...just join already), and I decided to ressurect it.

It's come up before how fustrating it is to know that our car will be the last out of the gate. But I think that GM definitely has their reasons for it, besides "re-tooling the plant"...

#1 - I honestly don't think that the guys at GM expected such a HUGE response to this car. I'm sure they thought people would like it, but even Scott says, he's never seen a reaction to a car quite this large.

#2 - GM could be intentionally trying to wait for the last possible second, until the competitors release their cars. It's a risky move IMO, but if done correctly, this could be the advantage that Camaro needs to really whoop the competition.

#3 - probably the most important. Due to the aforementioned response. I think GM now knows exactly what kind of craftsmanship is expected of all aspects of this car. They're not going to put together some half-assed, chassis carry-over *challenger* (cough) car. It's new, it's fresh, and they're going to get it right.

Based on the above...I can wait.
Old 09-18-2007, 06:11 PM   #59
timesseven

Drives: 2003 suburban, 2001 silverado
The number one reason why this Camaro will dominate..
timesseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:11 PM   #60
timesseven

Drives: 2003 suburban, 2001 silverado
is the Transformers movie
timesseven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 06:16 PM   #61
Pencil.Fight

Drives: '06 Mustang
Send a message via Yahoo to Pencil.Fight
Heh, I'd like to agree with you except for two things:

1) I've never seen the Transformers movie.

2) The American movie watcher will have long forgotten about the Transformers movie by the time the Camaro is available on showroom floors.

However, if they release a sequel to Transformers (how could they not in todays sequel/prequel happy market), we may just see a Transformer related boost to Chevy's sales.
Pencil.Fight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:55 PM   #62
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pencil.Fight View Post
Heh, I'd like to agree with you except for two things:

1) I've never seen the Transformers movie.

2) The American movie watcher will have long forgotten about the Transformers movie by the time the Camaro is available on showroom floors.

However, if they release a sequel to Transformers (how could they not in todays sequel/prequel happy market), we may just see a Transformer related boost to Chevy's sales.
A sequel has already (IIRC) been confirmed. As one of the biggest blockbuster of this summer it was pretty much guarunteed.

Also, when the Transformers DVD is released in the next month, it's been said there will be a contest to win one of 3 Camaro's made to look like Bumblebee in the movie.

Do I think Transformers will be the biggest reason the new Camaro sells? No, but it will continue to infuse interest in the car.

Oh, and watch Transformers when it comes out on DVD. It was fantastic, and the Camaro was gorgeous.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:25 AM   #63
Pencil.Fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Do I think Transformers will be the biggest reason the new Camaro sells? No, but it will continue to infuse interest in the car.
I agree that it will boost interest in the car when the DVD comes out and for a few months afterwards, but I think anyone who didn't already want one will have forgotten all of that by "first quarter of '09". However, if the previews for the sequel are done right, or if it is released to coincide with the release of the Camaro, it could have a massive effect on sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Oh, and watch Transformers when it comes out on DVD. It was fantastic, and the Camaro was gorgeous.
I'm definitely planning on seeing the movie when it comes out on DVD. I don't know why I never saw it in the theaters, it must have just not fit with my schedule. Also, If they don't change the schedule, I'm going to see one of the Bumblebee Camaros at the Seattle Auto Show in the beginning of November.
Old 09-19-2007, 02:00 PM   #64
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Getting back to what was discussed on the other page about the issue of the Camaro being a guys only car, what the author neglected is that a car that has the image of being macho might help sales. There are lots of people that I know (myself included) who disregard certain vehicles because they are too girly. In contrast, all of these people also love the new Camaro. Any car that attempts to appeal to everyone ends up appealing to nobody. I say its better to pick your battles and win them, rather than be a loser at everything.
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:26 PM   #65
fiveohh

Drives: stratus
The Camaro Pulse

The Camaro Pulse:
Why Eric Peters Will Fail
By: Camaro Enthusiast

It seems as though some peoples minds are are shut to tight to ever be reached..Stuck in thier awkward thinking there is no escape. If the writer would just simply look at the facts the logic would strike him so hard he may lapse into Unconsciousness. The Camaro will be:

1. Faster than the stang
2. Get better gas mileage
3. Discharge less nox into the air
4. Outperform the stang in road courses
5. And be priced similarly to the stang
What more could a ford fanatic hate....lol
fiveohh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:11 PM   #66
Mr. Wyndham

The point of the Camaro being 'Macho'/'girly'....I honestly see it as succeeding in both so well, that you can't tell. That's what makes it so great!

Look at all the tight corners, and creases that could be left out, but make that much difference - the angularity: 'Macho'...Now, look at the gentle curves, that tie all those lines together, look at how the rounded peices are so expertly executed, the Car seems seamless: 'girly'

I honestly see that [above]. I highly doubt that the designers were thinking, hmmm. What can we do to make this peice girly? But the car pulls it off so well.

Can any of the girls...or guys, back me up there? Am I the only one who sees those aspects?
Old 09-19-2007, 11:32 PM   #67
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Hmm, perhaps I should clarify on what I meant with macho vs girly. I call it 'the cute test'. Ask a girl (girlfriends/wifes work best) how a car looks and if she says cute, guys should not be seen driving one! After that it gets a bit more difficult. answers like pretty or nice could go either way, for examply most girls would classify Feraris as 'pretty'. Further complicating matters is that there are alot of women out there that apreciate 'manly' cars but don't want to drive them.

And I hope that my opinions have not offended any of the female members here, I know there are a few of you. For the most part these generalizations don't apply to you anyway

Last edited by DGthe3; 09-19-2007 at 11:46 PM.
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:40 PM   #68
Mr. Wyndham

Ah...in that case...I'd be inclined to think that no girl...or guy...or anybody in their right mind - would call this car, 'cute'. If they do around me...they're not coming in.

One look at the muscular lines, and that grille should be enough to scare anybody feint-of-heart shitless. When we were young - I'm talking like, 5/6 yrs old...I'm sure I wasn't the only one afraid to stand in front of a car...this would be on the top of my "stay away from" list...

No. I hope, and pray - that this car will FAIL the Cute test in every instance.
Old 09-20-2007, 12:37 AM   #69
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Ok...I asked my wife to explain the new Camaro to me using only one word. She said.............

"Sexy"

....and a few short moments later said, "and mean."
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 11:23 AM   #70
Pencil.Fight

"Sexy and Mean"? I can dig that. I have no problem driving around a sexy, mean Camaro Machine.