Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-01-2009, 06:04 PM   #1
Ajax Inferno

Drives: 2010 IOM SS/RS & 2011 Cruze LS+
Rear Passenger Footwell Moisture

Picked up our car three days ago, washed it once ( 2nd day) and dried it off. Now today (3rd day) I noticed the REAR passenger side foot-well carpeting is very wet close to the door side and gets drier as I get closer to the center of the car. No moisture is felt above the floor all around nor under the front seat. Enough moisture to make squishy sounds and wet your hand when pressed.

I've blotted up with a towel and drying it out. No AC was used as it's cold enough outside. The window was closed when we washed the car. No evidence of water coming in through the doors.

Anyone have anything similar? I was thinking if the dealers PDI guy dropped some water or had the window cracked. Thoughts?

Last edited by Ajax Inferno; 11-02-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Ajax Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
Ajax Inferno

I've been drying the back passenger footwell and found the footwell behind the drivers seat is also damp. Enough to wet bare socks. My plan is to dry the footwell out with a hair dryer and then soak the car down a few times for a week. If I don't get more moisture I think I'll be ok.

Anyone know a better faster way to dry the floor? Basically it's as if someone took a wet carpet cleaner to it. The dealer has never heard of something like this happening. I'm getting very upset not knowing how this happened. The car has been with me less than a week!!
Old 11-02-2009, 08:14 PM   #3
Cruz-lo

Drives: 2010 2ss RS
Do you have a sunroof?

Did you fold the rear seat down and look? Then see water and rust on the seat bracket?
Did you pull the rear seat belt and see any water on it?
The remove the rear quarter trim panel by the rear window and get a handfull of water?

Just curious. I can answer YES to all the above questions! Makes me sick!

Good luck. No one can find my leak :(
Cruz-lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 08:28 PM   #4
Ajax Inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz-lo View Post
Do you have a sunroof?

Did you fold the rear seat down and look? Then see water and rust on the seat bracket?
The remove the rear quarter trim panel by the rear window and get a handfull of water?

Seat brackets are clean.
No water on the seat belt.
Didn't try the rear quarter panel trim. No water visible anywhere.
Sunroof is clear as well.

It's weird....it just might be that someone left the windows open when the rally stripes were put on... any number of reasons.

How long has your leak been active?
Old 11-19-2009, 07:27 PM   #5
trustno1

Drives: 2010 2SSRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz-lo View Post
Do you have a sunroof?

I just took mine in yesterday for water in the trunk. There was 1/2" or more water around the battery. They said the rear spoiler was loose and fixed it. Uh, ok, so I brought her home, sat overnight in the rain (no garage ) and wet again. Ended up seeing all of the above! Took her back in today and had to leave her overnight. No problems with dealer, gave me a rental until she is fixed. Hope it's not long.
Old 11-19-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
Ksb2010ss

Drives: Aqua Blue SS,White Stripes,Borla Ex
Check under the pass. front floor mat also,i just noticed the same issue and it turned out to be the a/c evaporator drain was draining inside the car & not outside like it should. I fixed it myself but it was not easy to do.I had to go under the car,drivers side and reach above the front of the trans. to unflod the twisted rubber grommet that comes out the firewall from the evaporator. My pass. rear was more wet then the front,so there is a good chance you have the same problem as me. Goodluck !
Ksb2010ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:42 PM   #7
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Check this thread out. Same issue and yeah it was the a/c drain problem.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...rear+floor+wet
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
trustno1

Thanks for the heads-up on the ac draining. May have to check that later. I first noticed my problem when my dry towels in the trunk were soaked a couple days ago. These were in the cargo net, so I thought maybe a loose spoiler was the cause, but not so (or I had 2 problems). Haven't been using the AC at all, and we have had ALOT of rain lately. I could see water just dripping from that rear pass. quarter panel trim. Also, the top of the back of the rear seat was wet in the trunk as well as back right of the trunk. I really think the pass rear window or back window is leaking. Hope to know something soon.
Old 11-20-2009, 12:13 PM   #9
trustno1

Good news, they found the leak at the pass rear window. They said the seal was not good in a couple places. They fixed the seal and cleaned her all up. Pick her up after work.
Old 11-22-2009, 07:49 PM   #10
Ajax Inferno

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustno1 View Post
Good news, they found the leak at the pass rear window. They said the seal was not good in a couple places. They fixed the seal and cleaned her all up. Pick her up after work.
Hey awesome! Good to hear you have no more problems. I haven't had any since I dried up my floorwells. I washed the car over 4 times now....no moisture. Sure hope the issue was only someone leaving the windows open when the car was having the rally stripes put on or something...