Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 03-25-2009, 12:08 PM   #57
Speed 1

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro 365 days a year
Stripes?

Hello,

Thanks for the great pictures....

What kind of camera do you use to take them?

Now lets see this color with stripes!!!

Anyone????

I may order it ..... Sharp!!

Like the rims too!!

Todd
Speed 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 11:44 PM   #58
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
I'm starting to enjoy looking at the RLT ! What vehaicles is it on today in the lots ???
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 10:15 AM   #59
Camino502

Drives: 1972 El Camino
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riderover40 View Post
I'm starting to enjoy looking at the RLT ! What vehaicles is it on today in the lots ???
Look at any new Tahoe's and you will see it. Its a color that needs to be seen in cloud cover, and bright sun.

This is a crappy camera phone, do not mind the pink or purple look, hopefully this gives an idea. With some wax the paint looks wet. The flake in it shows up very well, again this is just a 2 meg camera phone
Attached Images

Camino502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 11:10 AM   #60
Shortbus

Drives: 88 IROC Z28
Candy Apple Red!
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 08:45 PM   #61
mmbarberoilman

Drives: 2SS, 48 Plymouth, 77 Coup Deville
Smile Red Jewel in Detroit

On the way to work and seen a red jewel on its way towards the GM Tech Center. I see at least two a day of various colors, but this is first Red Jewel. Looks great. I almost ordered this color. Have not seen the two blues yet.
mmbarberoilman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2009, 09:20 PM   #62
KJS

Drives: '10 RJT,'95&'14 Vette
Here's mine...

Mine at sunset
KJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:06 AM   #63
chevy dude

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
here ya go from Autoblog...excellent pics of the color , interior, and an awesome close up of the midnight silver rims!!!
Excellent pics man!!!These pics really show the beauty of RJTI would like to have seen this Camaro with "crome" wheels,(If GM were to offer them)I'll bet it would look even betterAt first i wasn't impressed with this color because most of the pics of RJT were taken when the sun wasn't out,but when the sun is shinin' it takes on a whole new perspective!
chevy dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2009, 05:12 AM   #64
chevy dude

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
I'm not pleased with the discoloration of the paint where the body transitions from where the bumper cover meets the front fender. That stands out like a sore thumb! I can't hardly believe there is that much difference at that seam. It looks as if the front end had been wrecked and a body shop did the best they could to match the paint and couldn't quite get it right. It is noticeable in every shot from every angle...even in the pic where the Cam has been rained on. Your eyes go right to it. I hope this has been noticed and resolved at the factory.

EDIT: Oh...guess I should have finished reading the thread. At least I'm not the only one that noticed it.
One of the reasons for the discoloration is the fact that the front and rear facia's use a different color primer prior to being painted.It is a special primer that is used for rubber/plastic parts.If metal primer was used on plastic pieces,it would eventually crack,due to climate changes,etc.
chevy dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:46 PM   #65
Riderover40

RJT gowing on me!

The more I see of the Red Jewel Tint the more it grows on me, I heard it was an color that is an "aquired" taste.....we'll see, I believe we can change our mind on the order color right up till it's pulled for production right ?
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

Old 03-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #66
Riderover40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edrock View Post
I'm not pleased with the discoloration of the paint where the body transitions from where the bumper cover meets the front fender. That stands out like a sore thumb! I can't hardly believe there is that much difference at that seam. It looks as if the front end had been wrecked and a body shop did the best they could to match the paint and couldn't quite get it right. It is noticeable in every shot from every angle...even in the pic where the Cam has been rained on. Your eyes go right to it. I hope this has been noticed and resolved at the factory.

EDIT: Oh...guess I should have finished reading the thread. At least I'm not the only one that noticed it.
The car posted in these pics should not and likely would not make it through quality control. In usual paint color systems the base coatings used on different materials are varied to allow the top coats to show the same final. This Camaro is not a production car (is it?) and may have been let go for expediency for a show or something although I would think GM wouldn’t want the public perception to be tarnished. What you see happens but it does not make it through final check. There is a shade difference allowed between panels but apparently it is so barely visible you can’t see it by the naked eye! One of the base coats thickness is likely out of spec.

Don't be afraid to buy the RJT, this anomaly won't happen to our production Camaro. You know if this made it to your dealer you would get a paint job to correct it but you do not want the GM dealer’s body shop finish. With the priority GM is placing on this car , trust me, GM would rectify to your satisfaction.
I have ordered ABM and seriously considering RJT even with this faux pas. I wish there was a GM paint dept person to speak up on this cause this is a gorgeous color that needs to come out. But then again......if less buy it cause of this the showing, the more "Rare”! My car will be if I get it RJT!!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:15 PM   #67
Riderover40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayhawkSS View Post
Yeah, I really wish I had those pics when I made my decision. Impressive I must say.
You can change the color wihtout affecting your position in production order ..... as long as there is not a constraint!

Old 03-30-2009, 01:19 PM   #68
Riderover40

Aqua Blue !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbarberoilman View Post
On the way to work and seen a red jewel on its way towards the GM Tech Center. I see at least two a day of various colors, but this is first Red Jewel. Looks great. I almost ordered this color. Have not seen the two blues yet.
Please comment when you see the ABM if you do see it ....pls, pls, pls.....I only saw it on a 2009 Colorado and pics here on the forum. It's great on the truck but the Camaro will show it diffferent of couse cause of the angles, lines, and curves !

Old 03-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #69
attymf

Drives: 2017 SS
I ordered red jewel. I had a 95z28 similar color. After ten years it still looked great and it hid the chips and scratchs a lot better than the darker colors. Despit the fact the front end had pits and my kids crashed their bikes into it people always asked me if it was garaged or recently painted.

BTW. See how good the red jewel looks with the black hood and hockey stripes on the build your own section of the Camaro website. Thats what I am getting. I think it looks great.
attymf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #70
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Red Jewel

3/30/09 4pm Ed Bozarth Park Meadows Chevrolet Lone Tree Colorado (S Denver)