Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 11-06-2010, 09:03 PM   #127
Inferno_Orange

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Pete …

Recently, I traded my 2010 2 LT Camaro for a 2011 2 SS/RS model. The day after my purchase, I discovered a 2" scratch on the exterior of the windshield right in the middle of the HUD and headed over to the dealer. The service manager explained to me the scratch was too deep to be filled and a replacement windshield would be covered under warranty. He went on to tell me he should have the replacement in a couple of days, so I left on a positive note.

After 4 months, the only communication I had with the service department was when I stopped and was told by the service manager that GM was releasing no windshields, they were all going to the plant. I did speak with the owner of the dealership regarding an unrelated problem I had in his service department, but he never offered assistance with either of my problems. When I explained to him that once my windshield was replaced I would never step foot back into his dealership, his reply was “you’ll be back, we’re too convenient for you to go anywhere else” (the next closest dealer is in another state).

Last week, I came across this thread and very skeptically decided to give your suggestions a try. So last Friday I called the 800 number listed in your original post. The person I spoke with gave me a case number and escalated it to the next level of support. Within 24 business hours, level 2 support called and much to my surprise, I was informed that my replacement windshield was sitting at the dealer. The windshield has since been installed and my problem has been resolved. I don’t know how they did it, but the Customer Assistance Group accomplished over 1 weekend what the dealer couldn’t do in 4 months! I’m positive that had I not followed your instructions, I’d still be waiting for my replacement windshield.

I can’t thank you and GM's Customer Assistance Group enough! To all the other Camaro owners that are experiencing problems, I hope everything works out for you guys!

Thank You!
Inferno_Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:02 PM   #128
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos_ss View Post
"Don't bash GM if you haven't taken the proper steps to make sure that your issue has been resolved. I hope this helps anyone who may be experiencing issues."

Don't bash GM?? Well lets see - my car only has 5000 miles on it now - and they acknowledge it has a problem - but also say they don't have a solution for it. So they are telling me nothing can be done.

I don't know how a company can sell me a car, admit it now has a problem, falls withing the warranty, but doesn't have a solution and now doesn't have to do anything about it.

I, like most people here, love Camaros. Today I walked out and saw mine and was pissed! At the car, at the dealer, at Chevrolet, and at GM. They literally have taken all the joy of owning a 2010 SS.
Without knowing the details of your particular issue, I can't comment specifically on what you experienced. That statement was aimed at those people who are in this thread just to complain and bash. That isn't productive and doesn't help those who need it. If you would like me to look into your particular issue, PM me with some details including your VIN and GM case number.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 04:03 PM   #129
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno_Orange View Post
Pete …

Recently, I traded my 2010 2 LT Camaro for a 2011 2 SS/RS model. The day after my purchase, I discovered a 2" scratch on the exterior of the windshield right in the middle of the HUD and headed over to the dealer. The service manager explained to me the scratch was too deep to be filled and a replacement windshield would be covered under warranty. He went on to tell me he should have the replacement in a couple of days, so I left on a positive note.

After 4 months, the only communication I had with the service department was when I stopped and was told by the service manager that GM was releasing no windshields, they were all going to the plant. I did speak with the owner of the dealership regarding an unrelated problem I had in his service department, but he never offered assistance with either of my problems. When I explained to him that once my windshield was replaced I would never step foot back into his dealership, his reply was “you’ll be back, we’re too convenient for you to go anywhere else” (the next closest dealer is in another state).

Last week, I came across this thread and very skeptically decided to give your suggestions a try. So last Friday I called the 800 number listed in your original post. The person I spoke with gave me a case number and escalated it to the next level of support. Within 24 business hours, level 2 support called and much to my surprise, I was informed that my replacement windshield was sitting at the dealer. The windshield has since been installed and my problem has been resolved. I don’t know how they did it, but the Customer Assistance Group accomplished over 1 weekend what the dealer couldn’t do in 4 months! I’m positive that had I not followed your instructions, I’d still be waiting for my replacement windshield.

I can’t thank you and GM's Customer Assistance Group enough! To all the other Camaro owners that are experiencing problems, I hope everything works out for you guys!

Thank You!
Awesome to hear! Very glad that the process worked and that you took the time to post about your positive experience!
Old 11-23-2010, 12:39 AM   #130
Michelle Allison
mlallison61266

Drives: Camaro 2010 LT 6V
Send a message via Yahoo to Michelle Allison
This is the worst car buying experience I have ever had. I was all excited about my new rod until 3800 miles came along and the leader lines to the transmission broke leaking all the transmission fluid from my car. Now the car is slipping and the GM field rep Gordon Heist, the service manager Mike at Hampton Chevy, and Executive GM Krystal Hernandez give me no resolution. Needless to say, President Mark Ruess is an untouchable. Mr. Ruess, why wont you communicate with your unhappy customers? I got an email from a production person from Canada..the word is because there is a part shortage. They have even had to cut a shift on the line because of parts shortages. They'd rather keep the line going than deal with current sold problems. Face it, he already has our money. I tell you im so over this car issue. Hampton Chevy where I bought it even asked me to take it to another dealer...lol He's tired of me on his door step and Im just tired of the issues and the car at this point. Im not a shy person and have advertised this to every person I know in Hampton Roads. Im even looking into putting a billboard up on I64 next to Newport News airport exit. Featuring my Victory Red Camaro behind a big bright yellow lemon.
Thanks for letting me vent!!
Michelle Allison
Michelle Allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 07:16 AM   #131
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Allison View Post
This is the worst car buying experience I have ever had. I was all excited about my new rod until 3800 miles came along and the leader lines to the transmission broke leaking all the transmission fluid from my car. Now the car is slipping and the GM field rep Gordon Heist, the service manager Mike at Hampton Chevy, and Executive GM Krystal Hernandez give me no resolution. Needless to say, President Mark Ruess is an untouchable. Mr. Ruess, why wont you communicate with your unhappy customers? I got an email from a production person from Canada..the word is because there is a part shortage. They have even had to cut a shift on the line because of parts shortages. They'd rather keep the line going than deal with current sold problems. Face it, he already has our money. I tell you im so over this car issue. Hampton Chevy where I bought it even asked me to take it to another dealer...lol He's tired of me on his door step and Im just tired of the issues and the car at this point. Im not a shy person and have advertised this to every person I know in Hampton Roads. Im even looking into putting a billboard up on I64 next to Newport News airport exit. Featuring my Victory Red Camaro behind a big bright yellow lemon.
Michelle Allison
Sorry about your issue Michelle. I am checking into it. Just one comment on something you said though about Mark Reuss not responding to customers. Frankly, asking the president of a 200,000+ person company to field customer support questions isn't viable. That is why GM has in place a customer service organization and processes. Anyway, feel free to PM me and vent all you would like and sorry again that you are having the issue.

Pete
Old 12-19-2010, 11:46 PM   #132
BA-Jackpot

Drives: 2 SS Camaro white/ Orange stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle Allison View Post
Michelle Allison
Just go ahead and trade the thing off like I did. From all the help I got with mine, I finally just traded. No more headaches!
BA-Jackpot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 07:10 PM   #133
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Drives: '69 442 Vert
Well, CamaroPete really couldn't help me. He just regurgitated the same ole' crap that the customer service reps said. Hmmmmm........

Guess I gotta take this to the next level.

I can't wait for these guys to get treated like we have. Don't worry GM reps... there will be a day for you to feel how we feel. Never underestimate karma.
Toyaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 12:53 PM   #134
mad@gm

Drives: was a 2010 2SS/RS
customer care can be a waste of time, I have escalated my case my self, thankfully a good family friend was a plant manager and due to his help Im now dealing with the executive offices in Detroit, so far things are moving good but I won't know what will be done about my turd until the holidays are over and I can get to a different dealer for a meeting with a gm rep and the service mgr.
mad@gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 01:14 PM   #135
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
Well, CamaroPete really couldn't help me. He just regurgitated the same ole' crap that the customer service reps said. Hmmmmm........

Guess I gotta take this to the next level.

I can't wait for these guys to get treated like we have. Don't worry GM reps... there will be a day for you to feel how we feel. Never underestimate karma.
Sorry that I couldn't do anything to help. For the benefit of this thread and those who may read it I feel it is relevant to make this point. You modified your vehicle from its original design by having installed an aftermarket part (and a significant modification at that). I am not saying that your issue was due to that modification or not. But in making that modification you basically opened yourself up to the exposure that you are now experiencing. The GM warranty is clear when it comes to alterations to the vehicle. So, for the benefit of others on this site, I would HIGHLY recommend that you read your warranty information carefully before making modifications to your car. It is probably worth checking with your dealer as well to ensure they won't have any issue should your car require warranty work. If you don't, then you definitely run the risk of putting yourself in a situation where GM says it is your responsibility.
Old 12-22-2010, 02:28 PM   #136
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
It is on GM to prove the modification broke "the part". I do not know what the problem was so I cannot say anymore about it. Just for example if I put a CAI on the car and the electric windows do not work GM has to prove the CAI caused the fault and it must be proven. Just saying we will not cover it under warranty is BS and does follow the letter of the law. Luckily I have had only one problem and it was fixed under warranty but I cannot stand by and watch folks getting a load of BS handed to them. Just my opinion here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Sorry that I couldn't do anything to help. For the benefit of this thread and those who may read it I feel it is relevant to make this point. You modified your vehicle from its original design by having installed an aftermarket part (and a significant modification at that). I am not saying that your issue was due to that modification or not. But in making that modification you basically opened yourself up to the exposure that you are now experiencing. The GM warranty is clear when it comes to alterations to the vehicle. So, for the benefit of others on this site, I would HIGHLY recommend that you read your warranty information carefully before making modifications to your car. It is probably worth checking with your dealer as well to ensure they won't have any issue should your car require warranty work. If you don't, then you definitely run the risk of putting yourself in a situation where GM says it is your responsibility.
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 08:12 PM   #137
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Here's the problem with that..... If you don't get the manual with the warranty restrictions until after the transaction was complete, then it's not part of the sales agreement / contract. The last document signed by a GM rep. says I have a warranty. GM outright refuses to either repair the vehicle or give me something in writing saying they won't.

GM has not found the problem, so it cannot be linked to the accessories.

One or the other GM..... Either fix it or have the guts to put it in writing that you are not repairing the issue.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:34 PM   #138
Coop

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
I was agreeing with u toyaholic.
2010 Camaro 1SS Inferno Orange Magnusson Supercharger Installed and Tuned by ADM Performance, Roto Fab CAI IOM painted, MBRP Cat Back Exhaust, Barton Industries Short Shifter, Clear Image Headers, Pedders coilovers, BMR Front/Rear sway bars Trailing Arms and End Links, VMax ported TB
Coop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 09:10 PM   #139
Toyaholic
It's a sickness!

Thanks, that's the way I took it. I was responding to the same post you did, I should have been more clear.
Old 12-23-2010, 09:39 AM   #140
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coop View Post
It is on GM to prove the modification broke "the part". I do not know what the problem was so I cannot say anymore about it. Just for example if I put a CAI on the car and the electric windows do not work GM has to prove the CAI caused the fault and it must be proven. Just saying we will not cover it under warranty is BS and does follow the letter of the law. Luckily I have had only one problem and it was fixed under warranty but I cannot stand by and watch folks getting a load of BS handed to them. Just my opinion here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyaholic View Post
Here's the problem with that..... If you don't get the manual with the warranty restrictions until after the transaction was complete, then it's not part of the sales agreement / contract. The last document signed by a GM rep. says I have a warranty. GM outright refuses to either repair the vehicle or give me something in writing saying they won't.

GM has not found the problem, so it cannot be linked to the accessories.

One or the other GM..... Either fix it or have the guts to put it in writing that you are not repairing the issue.
Guys, I am not trying to argue with you here. I was simply doing two things: pointing out that Toyaholic's story isn't as one-sided as it is painted out here to be and warning people to be smart about making changes to their cars. That's it.