Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

View Poll Results: Camaro5fest 2011 - East coast or west coast?
East coast 353 1.39%
West coast 211 0.83%
Central US 204 0.80%
PQ's House 24,638 96.98%
Voters: 25406. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #911
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
A west coast event this year to balance it out seems fair and then from there try to do one in the midwest.

I will submit Branson, MO

I live in Branson, MO and we have so many rallies here it's amazing. Gold Wings, Trikes, Antiques, Hot Rods, Z's last year.. even had a few RHD Skylines show up.

From Spring until Fall, there's a ton of stuff to do. I moved here from Vegas 3 and 1/2 years ago and since that time, they've put in a convention center, an airport (it's serviced by Air Trans, Frontier and a couple other smaller regional carriers with more being added in the near future) You can also fly into Springfield which is less than an hour away. As well STL, KC and Little Rock are all 4 hours or less if you have to fly.

They completed a new waterfront shopping plaza/Hilton Hotel about 4 and 1/2 years ago which features some decent restaurants shopping bars and a view of Lake Tanecomo.

Branson is surrounded by Lake Tanecomo and Table Rock Lake and offers excellent fishing, fly fishing and boating. Lot's of places to rent boats.

Being the live music capital of the world, of course there are a lot of shows, there are some that are not worth seeing but a lot are and there IS something for just about everyone? Branson offers Silver Dollar City amusement park which is pretty decent. There are more go kart tracks than anywhere I've ever seen. We have Ziplines galore and about the prettiest scenery you'll find anywhere.

I believe there is a decent Speedway up near Springfield.

I'm connected enough to get group rates on hotels-nice ones and shows.

Branson is within a day's drive for 1/2 of the US population and is a top 10 US family destination so if strip clubs are high on your list of priorities, you'll be sad.

It's certainly not Vegas but it's a place you could bring your beautiful cars and entire family to and not have to worry about some tool screwing with your car or family.

Just throwing it out there.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 05-30-2010, 01:29 PM   #912
Mod4SS
Resident Expert

Drives: Supercharged 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Absolutely agree. So it's settled. Vegas it is. Now that that's settled, I can book my room. I'm calling right now.
Old 05-30-2010, 02:56 PM   #913
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I say the fest is in Salt Lake City, UTAH!!

Wait, never mind. It's boring here.

But we do have the Miller Motorsports park!
Old 05-30-2010, 07:33 PM   #914
firefighter1

Drives: 625 rwhp red jewel ss COTW 11-8-10
Can you image the size of the cake!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
If you get married AT C5Fest in 2011 one of your gifts will be a full Pedders Justice Package complete with installation.

Fine Print:

1. This has to be the official wedding ceremony. Use a Justice of the Peace, Minister or Priest, but it would have to be the first set of 'vows'. You can hold your real reception after the event, but I am sure there will be a Camaro-ception Celebration.

2. The bride and groom both must wear, in the most dignified possible style, a little bit of Pedders RED, BLACK and YELLOW.

We'll fly in the Pedders bull, we could do it at the drag strip... we'll help you figure out how to do this in a dignified, but Camaro-fanatic way. This is a HUGE bribe -- Retail is more than $6,3000 and that does not include installation. Your wedding gift will include the bits and the installation. My guess is some of my friends in the business will also have wedding gifts for you. This would be awesome if you would share your special day will all of us at C5Fest while we make your Camaro even more special as a wedding gift. Just thinking out loud in the forum....

This offer is open only to Honey Bee.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:56 PM   #915
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
Wherever this thing happens can we just make sure that we can get a frikkin Keg on a friday or saturday or sunday night?! I don't want to end up in a county with freaky laws........

Yep I am prett toasty right now

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 05-30-2010, 09:02 PM   #916
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
If this is happening in Vegas, I better start saving for all the entertainment

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Old 05-30-2010, 10:18 PM   #917
fazm

Drives: ex-500hp v6 mustang
Quote:
Originally Posted by mercuryman96 View Post
Tuff to beat Vegas. Firebird in Pheonix is also a good choice.
they are redoing most of the track there too, so it should be real nice, i also know a couple people that work there (and i race there)
Old 05-30-2010, 11:15 PM   #918
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
I don't care where it is, from Key West to Fairbanks, from Brownsville Texas to Nova Scotia..... If I'm off I'll be there... Unfortunately I work in a job where we are not allowed time off for anything other than a death in the immediate family...I was headed to Valdosta, and changed rigs, so my schedule changed...I missed it but I'm looking forward to the next one...

I feel it only fair to move it around.... West Coast, East Coast, North, South etc....Yes it would be cool to have it in my backyard, I would even help however I could to coordinate it, but I'm game wherever it is...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
Old 05-31-2010, 12:50 AM   #919
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Thumbs up

I'm ALL IN at Vegas....one of the best locations for an event like this anywhere in the world.

BUT.....in favor of making everyone happy.

Here you go,
http://www.roadsideamerica.com/tip/7032

Hopefully they'll have the "Chapel" rebuilt in time for us.
Ivan
Old 05-31-2010, 07:16 AM   #920
Merc
In The Circle

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by fazm View Post
they are redoing most of the track there too, so it should be real nice, i also know a couple people that work there (and i race there)
They had little choice after the last NHRA National event with all the crashes they had.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:28 AM   #921
2010SLVRBULIT

Drives: G5(LLT) & C6(LS3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
A west coast event this year to balance it out seems fair and then from there try to do one in the midwest.

I will submit Branson, MO

I live in Branson, MO and we have so many rallies here it's amazing. Gold Wings, Trikes, Antiques, Hot Rods, Z's last year.. even had a few RHD Skylines show up.

From Spring until Fall, there's a ton of stuff to do. I moved here from Vegas 3 and 1/2 years ago and since that time, they've put in a convention center, an airport (it's serviced by Air Trans, Frontier and a couple other smaller regional carriers with more being added in the near future) You can also fly into Springfield which is less than an hour away. As well STL, KC and Little Rock are all 4 hours or less if you have to fly.

They completed a new waterfront shopping plaza/Hilton Hotel about 4 and 1/2 years ago which features some decent restaurants shopping bars and a view of Lake Tanecomo.

Branson is surrounded by Lake Tanecomo and Table Rock Lake and offers excellent fishing, fly fishing and boating. Lot's of places to rent boats.

Being the live music capital of the world, of course there are a lot of shows, there are some that are not worth seeing but a lot are and there IS something for just about everyone? Branson offers Silver Dollar City amusement park which is pretty decent. There are more go kart tracks than anywhere I've ever seen. We have Ziplines galore and about the prettiest scenery you'll find anywhere.

I believe there is a decent Speedway up near Springfield.

I'm connected enough to get group rates on hotels-nice ones and shows.

Branson is within a day's drive for 1/2 of the US population and is a top 10 US family destination so if strip clubs are high on your list of priorities, you'll be sad.

It's certainly not Vegas but it's a place you could bring your beautiful cars and entire family to and not have to worry about some tool screwing with your car or family.

Just throwing it out there.

Branson FTW!
Old 05-31-2010, 08:56 AM   #922
Synergy SATX
Mike and Debbie

Drives: 2014 Corvette Stingray 3LT Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Branson FTW!
Your naughty sig pic FTW....uh oh Mrs Synergy just woke up gtg
Old 05-31-2010, 01:36 PM   #923
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010SLVRBULIT View Post
Branson FTW!
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:30 PM   #924
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
I would do Vegas, but would probably trailer it. Texas would be better. Even Bandimere in Colorado would be good (really slow times, though).

Closed Thread