Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-04-2012, 07:30 PM   #1
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Anyone have Borla exhaust and cutouts?

Anybody?

If so, what type and where did you put them?

Updated.

Went with Noweeds diverter system.

LOVE it.

So I installed my noweeds today.

Wow. It's almost scary how the car freaking shakes and rattles. Holy shit.

Here are some pics I took as I remember to take them. Lot's I didn't remember to take.

Also, the video shows what a piss poor design the switch is. I can think of about 10 different easy ways to make this better. For such a nice put together system I can't believe what a rush job the switch was. It literally almost cracks and breaks if you raise the front of the seat.

But the system as a whole is awesome so far.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x575.

This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1024x575.

Last edited by PQ; 05-15-2012 at 04:46 PM.
PQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:21 PM   #2
PQ
Booooosted.

Hey hey hey.............

Slow down, one at a time.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:27 PM   #3
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS
I currently have the Borla Atak, and have the DMH cutouts sitting at home waiting for my return from overseas to be installed. They will be installed right behind the headers.
ChriSS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:30 PM   #4
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cash84 View Post
I currently have the Borla Atak, and have the DMH cutouts sitting at home waiting for my return from overseas to be installed. They will be installed right behind the headers.
The DMH is what I should have bought. You'll still have to have them welded.

I'm looking for pics of cut-outs on a Borla system. The Borla just has so many bend on it.
Old 03-04-2012, 11:49 PM   #5
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Yea a good friend of mine has them welded on his SS. He has Flowmaster exhaust.. He loves them and we had a little group buy, so I got them cheaper then normal. I can't wait for them to be installed.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:12 AM   #6
PQ
Booooosted.

Me too. hahaha
Old 03-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #7
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
I used DMH on mine and you know how they sound....
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Drives: 89 IROC 350
Randy...

I am the guy cash is talking about...

Best place to put them is right in the bend coming back after the cats. It gives the loudest sound. The further back, the less sound.

The install is simple but yes, they need welded. It wouldnt make a rats ass difference what exhaust you have, they all should have this bend.

The main thing, make sure you test fit and lay them out FIRST, before you drop the exhasut. There is NOT a ton of room up there and you dont want them to hit the floor pan or hang down. Hold them up there and mark them.

This is where cash's will go too. The only set I installed that are in a different location are on a friends car in PA as there was a clearance issue. We put them in the back near the muffler. His car is not quite as loud as mine.

If you need any more info, let me kwow.
IROCanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
SSDan

Drives: 2016 1SS 6MT NPP
Here are my DMH's installed in an American Racing midpipe. Not sure if the Borla midpipe is exactly the same but it can't be that much different. So, add me to the list with Dr. Jkel and IROCanSS - if you can put your cutouts there you will never say again - I wish my car were louder!
Attached Images

2010 Camaro 2SS Cam/Headers/CAI/3.91 gears
476 rwhp/440 rwtq (sold)
SSDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #10
ChriSS84
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROCanSS View Post
Randy...

Best place to put them is right in the bend coming back after the cats. It gives the loudest sound. The further back, the less sound.

The install is simple but yes, they need welded. It wouldnt make a rats ass difference what exhaust you have, they all should have this bend.

The main thing, make sure you test fit and lay them out FIRST, before you drop the exhasut. There is NOT a ton of room up there and you dont want them to hit the floor pan or hang down. Hold them up there and mark them.

This is where cash's will go too. The only set I installed that are in a different location are on a friends car in PA as there was a clearance issue. We put them in the back near the muffler. His car is not quite as loud as mine.

If you need any more info, let me kwow.
Yep this is what I'm talking about.. lol
Old 03-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #11
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I used DMH on mine and you know how they sound....

Quote:
Randy...

Yup. Just got back from shipping them back to Jegs.

I'll order butterfly type ones. Wish I had a welder.

Thanks dude. When my new ones get in I'll have them welded like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSDan View Post
Here are my DMH's installed in an American Racing midpipe. Not sure if the Borla midpipe is exactly the same but it can't be that much different. So, add me to the list with Dr. Jkel and IROCanSS - if you can put your cutouts there you will never say again - I wish my car were louder!
Borla midpipes turn in a little sharper than, say, an ARH system. It makes it impossible to do a cut in diverter without welding. And If I'm going to have to have it welded anyway, I may as well just do it straight in like you guys have here.
Old 03-05-2012, 05:20 PM   #12
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post

Yup. Just got back from shipping them back to Jegs.

I'll order butterfly type ones. Wish I had a welder.

Thanks dude. When my new ones get in I'll have them welded like that.

Borla midpipes turn in a little sharper than, say, an ARH system. It makes it impossible to do a cut in diverter without welding. And If I'm going to have to have it welded anyway, I may as well just do it straight in like you guys have here.
Come on over, I'll put em on for ya.

Sent while on baby duty.... please sleep
Old 03-05-2012, 05:22 PM   #13
WadeWilson
How U Doin?

Drives: 2014 CTS-V Coupe
Quote:
Come on over, I'll put em on for ya.

Can't wait for my very good buddy Jason to install these on mine.
WadeWilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 05:24 PM   #14
IROCanSS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
Can't wait for my very good buddy Jason to install these on mine.
No need for sucking up... Damage is done... feelings have been hurt. I know I'm just the grunt here. :(.