Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-17-2013, 11:34 PM   #127
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:42 AM   #128
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Do you have a price yet or is there a group buy quantity we need to hit to get a group price?
Not yet. I am not one to start taking people's money for what at this point is vapor-ware. Once we get closer to shipping we will get that ball rolling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomino View Post
also interested in why they are making 4 pot vs 6 pot calipers for the Camaro.
These are going to be a bolt on direct upgrade for for the SS brake system. They will be lighter and perform better than the Brembos and provide 4-5mm more spoke clearance. They will be able to be used with RB SS rotors or even stock rotors. Those things would not be possible with a 6 piston caliper. For those that need to make the jump to 6 pot there is the ZL1 upgrade and I have a feeling we will be able to convince RB to do 6 pot calipers for that set up if there is a good response to this product.

Last edited by Apex Motorsports; 05-18-2013 at 05:08 PM.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 09:25 PM   #129
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
Need a test mule chase
test mule is me muahaha!

i will throw a bitch fit if i dont have the first! kidding. rb already knows i want it and will get a set as soon as they have em. i will be testing out their stock caliper rebuild kit on june 1st the latest on a track. if anyone is interested in squeezing the most out of their stock calipers i will have a review then.
Old 05-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #130
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
test mule is me muahaha!

i will throw a bitch fit if i dont have the first! kidding. rb already knows i want it and will get a set as soon as they have em. i will be testing out their stock caliper rebuild kit on june 1st the latest on a track. if anyone is interested in squeezing the most out of their stock calipers i will have a review then.
what's involved in the rebuild kit?
Old 05-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #131
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
Quote:
what's involved in the rebuild kit?
This kit includes the following to rebuild one pair of calipers:

8 Pressure Seals

8 Dust Boots
8 Stainless Steel Pistons
Notice that these RacingBrake caliper rebuild components do not include and do not need shims. Eliminating the need for shims lowers overall cost and more importantly allows more direct positive torque transmission resulting in better braking.

These stainless steel pistons are excellent upgrade from your stock aluminum pistons, not only they are stronger and more rigid than aluminum, they will not corrode and can transmit more brake torque but with less heat (about 1/10) than stock aluminum pistons.

Our pistons also have vents to further prevent heat transfer to fluid, allow you to run your brake system at lower temperature which means less replacement on brake fluid, and eliminate the use of titanium shims saving you down time, operating and maintenance cost.

If you are hard on brake and have been looking to improve your overall braking efficiency, and tired of replacing brake fluid and don't like the soft pedal due to the use of heat shield Titanium shims, look no more!
Old 05-18-2013, 11:36 PM   #132
bannonm

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS M6 VR
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
I have heard rumors that a couple of places are close with this type of design. IF not, I am going to go down and have BannonM help me out since he is local and a great guy.

T.
I'm always interested in something better than what I have. But so far no vendors have come through.

T, give me a shout when you're ready. You got my number.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:20 PM   #133
TBone
Negative Camber Junkie

Drives: 2010 1SS LS3/6MN ABM 1 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
This kit includes the following to rebuild one pair of calipers:

8 Pressure Seals

8 Dust Boots
8 Stainless Steel Pistons
Notice that these RacingBrake caliper rebuild components do not include and do not need shims. Eliminating the need for shims lowers overall cost and more importantly allows more direct positive torque transmission resulting in better braking.

These stainless steel pistons are excellent upgrade from your stock aluminum pistons, not only they are stronger and more rigid than aluminum, they will not corrode and can transmit more brake torque but with less heat (about 1/10) than stock aluminum pistons.

Our pistons also have vents to further prevent heat transfer to fluid, allow you to run your brake system at lower temperature which means less replacement on brake fluid, and eliminate the use of titanium shims saving you down time, operating and maintenance cost.

If you are hard on brake and have been looking to improve your overall braking efficiency, and tired of replacing brake fluid and don't like the soft pedal due to the use of heat shield Titanium shims, look no more!
Where did you find the SS pistons? I searched their website and even had a discussion about it with JP in another thread but could not find them. I have all of the other components, just need the SS pistons.

RB really needs to get their website together. I had to call them to get my rebuild kit of seals and dust boots.

T.
I can't wait for my next
Track fix.
DA HAWKS OWN DA CUP!!!!!
TBone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #134
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBone View Post
Where did you find the SS pistons? I searched their website and even had a discussion about it with JP in another thread but could not find them. I have all of the other components, just need the SS pistons.

RB really needs to get their website together. I had to call them to get my rebuild kit of seals and dust boots.

T.
http://www.racingbrake.com/CTS-V-Cam...p/bc-41bsp.htm

http://www.racingbrake.com/CTS-V-Cam...p/bc-42bsp.htm

I found them without a problem. Click on oem caliper rebuild on the main page and select the prompts to match your car. Not sure if they sell them separate but I am sure if you called them they would work something out for you.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #135
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHMSC View Post
http://www.racingbrake.com/CTS-V-Cam...p/bc-41bsp.htm

http://www.racingbrake.com/CTS-V-Cam...p/bc-42bsp.htm

I found them without a problem. Click on oem caliper rebuild on the main page and select the prompts to match your car. Not sure if they sell them separate but I am sure if you called them they would work something out for you.
Only downside is the "usually ships in 6 to 8 weeks" ouch
Old 05-19-2013, 12:42 PM   #136
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Quote:
Only downside is the "usually ships in 6 to 8 weeks" ouch
Well they are custom made for our car so I guess they don't stock a whole bunch? Not sure. Ask Blake, I don't think he had to wait long to get his.
Old 05-19-2013, 12:51 PM   #137
SPCBA

pick my rebuild kit up tomorrow. along with some pads and other gooodies i ordered friday benefit of being local to them i suppose.

Last edited by SPCBA; 05-19-2013 at 01:13 PM.
SPCBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:27 PM   #138
SPCBA

I will be at RacingBrake tomorrow in the am. If anyone wants pictures of anything let me know. I will have photos of the caliper rebuild kit for sure since they will be joining me in the garage.
Old 05-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #139
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPCBA View Post
I will be at RacingBrake tomorrow in the am. If anyone wants pictures of anything let me know. I will have photos of the caliper rebuild kit for sure since they will be joining me in the garage.
Pics of these calipers would be nice.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:23 PM   #140
Silver-SS

Drives: 2012 2SS RS
Don't suppose you could talk them into giving me a good deal on rotors for zl1 calipers while your there could you? Lol.
Silver-SS is offline   Reply With Quote