Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 02-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #1
DesertStorm

Drives: 2012 2LT 45th convertible
Problems answering with Blackberry Z10 using Bluetooth

I paired my new Blackberry Z10 phone with the car and I cannot seem to answer phone calls using the button on the steering wheel. I can only answer calls from the phone. Prior to the Z10, I had the Blackberry 9790 which worked fine and I could answer calls from the steering wheel. I have disconnected and paired the device several times but the result is the same.

Does anyone else have the same issue?
DesertStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:22 AM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertStorm View Post
I paired my new Blackberry Z10 phone with the car and I cannot seem to answer phone calls using the button on the steering wheel. I can only answer calls from the phone. Prior to the Z10, I had the Blackberry 9790 which worked fine and I could answer calls from the steering wheel. I have disconnected and paired the device several times but the result is the same.

This may be a phone compatibility issue. However, I would suggest taking your vehicle to the nearest GM dealership to see if they can resolve this concern for you. You may want to get a hold of your carrier as well.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 05-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
burnn1
Burnn1

Drives: 2011 2LT
I have the same problem - this should be simple.
burnn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 11:13 AM   #4
burnn1
Burnn1

Drives: 2011 2LT
OnStar BlueTooth firmware upgrade

I don't subscribe to OnStar, but have read threads that there's a new BT radio upgrade released late 2012 that may fix this. Just pushed the blue button and spoke with OnStar rep - they have given a 30 day activation at no charge. New BT firmware should push within 24 hours. Will post an update.
burnn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:21 AM   #5
drookster

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Hmmm. I have no problem with my 2010 Camaro pairing up the bluetooth on my Z10...however, trying to play music via bluetooth (like I did with my BB Torch) does not work at all. Do you think the new firmware will correct that issue as well? Also, I do not have an Onstar subscription - will they answer the call anyway for support?
drookster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #6
BadAssBumbleBee

Drives: 2010 Callaway SC572
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertStorm View Post

No problems with either my Z10 or Q10, both work flawlessly with my 2010.

I haven't tried BT streaming as I have most of my music files (~4000 songs) on a 32GB micro USB in the center console.

Do you have the latest software installed on your Z10? The latest official OS should be 10.2.0.429 but there are some more recent leaks you could also try if you're up for it.
BadAssBumbleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #7
drookster

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Yes, the phone+BT works great, its just the music won't stream. And I checked the software update last week and it said I was up to date with 10.1.0.2019. So...looks like I need to hit BB website and look for that 10.2 release you mention above.
drookster is offline   Reply With Quote