Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #15
camaro-brit

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS Bumble bee
So will GM be selling the genuine badges and sill plates as accessories for people who already have the yellow SS, I give it to the end of the week before you can buy the sill plates, badges and transformer decals on the aftermarket
Old 07-22-2009, 12:22 PM   #16
JoeySS/RS

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS / RS
Really? GM should have issued an identicle version of bumblebee as the bumblebee edition. I know that it's what the "future" Z28 is suppose to look like, but no hood, bo bumblebeestripes, and cheap decals for an extra $1000. It reminds me of a childs toy which it shouldn't. GM really screwed up with this one in my opinion as they had the potential to put out something really great and they wasted it on this?
JoeySS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:25 PM   #17
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
--------------- NOTE TO: FBODFATHER ------------------

Scott, does that mean that you can now take Thor out in public????...
"prima"Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:26 PM   #18
EKG

Drives: Right now....a Honda CR-V
I'm actually kinda considering ordering a Camaro, having it painted Sunrise Yellow, and putting on black bumblebee stripes....blacking out the bowtie with a red outline...idk just a thought lol

But I would never pay an extra 1000 for this. But yeah...the ordinary consumer who doesn't go on forums such as these would think they are getting some insanely special product with the "Bumblebee Special Edition"
EKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:27 PM   #19
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Those transformer badges on the side of the car are going to get stolen big time. If you have one of these and park it anywhere, don't be surprised to come out and find the badges missing.

Unfortunately this just looks like a Transformers merchandising gimmick, rather than a genuine replica of Bumblebee. They should have done a real replica as far as body panels and color; then it would be cool.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #20
JMM1181

Drives: '07 350z
Quote:
Originally Posted by nards444 View Post
thats what was told it was going to be. Waste of money to put some cartoon stuff on the car. I think the transformers camaro thing is cool, but to start putting it on a car is kind of cheesy.
agree completely, plus wasn't the color in the actual movie more of a blend between an orange and yellow? like a sunset yellow almost? I might be making that up
JMM1181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:28 PM   #21
EKG

Drives: Right now....a Honda CR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeySS/RS View Post
Really? GM should have issued an identicle version of bumblebee as the bumblebee edition. I know that it's what the "future" Z28 is suppose to look like, but no hood, bo bumblebeestripes, and cheap decals for an extra $1000. It reminds me of a childs toy which it shouldn't. GM really screwed up with this one in my opinion as they had the potential to put out something really great and they wasted it on this?
Is it really? I asked my dealer about the Z28 and he said there really won't be any exterior changes....
EKG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:30 PM   #22
Buby2

Drives: 2003 Eclipse & 2010 2LT SW Camaro
OH Please dont cheapen your car with comic book crap and pay 1K on top of that,
no way. When you buy a Camaro, make it a Camaro to be proud of not embarrased.
If you want a transformer car buy the plastic Hasbro one and do with it what you please.
Professionalism is gone like GM I guess.
Buby2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #23
tededfred

Drives: 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2LT!!
The console is cool, but thats about it....
tededfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #24
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
I think I'd rather wait for the next Transformers Edition Z28 that I'm pretty sure they'll come out with when Transformers 3 comes out in 3-4 years.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:36 PM   #25
PolishMike

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Until they add a rocket launcher I'm not interested in any "special additions"
PolishMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #26
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcseacliff View Post
what about the paint? not anywhere nears as nice as the movie bumblebee!why not do it right?

......'kay..........

You asked....

We have a Camaro Enthusiast in Canada that is actually painting his new Camaro SS/RS in "Sunrise" -- (the paint that Bumblebee is painted in the movie...)

Now --

Please take a guess as to what the paint and material ALONE is going to cost...(not labor...)

(no peeking...)
(insert "Jeopardy" music here...)

over $5,000 Canadian.......................

Sooooooooooooooooooo..................

See why?

ALSO NOTE: We call it the "Transformers" Edition -- NOT the "Bumblebee" edition.

Someone said "cheap stripes"

.....another said "buy off of ebay next week"

.......Really?

The stripes are not 'cheap' -- they are quite expensive because they are not just 'decals' -- trust me on this -- (and if you don't -- call a reputable company that does stripes that have gone thru 'desert/arctic validation' -- you may be surprised at just how much the material costs......

Second: The 'stuff' you may buy off of Ebay (and it won't have been licensed and will probably be taken off of ebay rather quickly by Hasbro...) will not have gone thru validation either - so it may look pretty bad after 6 months to a year of being in sun/rain/snow......

Anyone have anything embroidered lately? To get embroidery done RIGHT is not cheap..........

Sooooooooooooo.......yes, $995 is not inexpensive, but on the other hand, the stuff you do get for that money is high quality and it's validated so that it will look good a few years down the road.

As to those who believe it looks 'cheesy' - that's a matter of personal preference.

I can tell you this:

"Thor" has been in his "Transformers" outfit for the past couple of weeks-- and I'm here to tell you that the public-at-large is in love with the package......

To each his/her own.........
fbodfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:39 PM   #27
JBz007
Broke College Student

Drives: 2000 Hyundai Elantra
Save your money and do it yourself.
Old 07-22-2009, 12:41 PM   #28
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Woooooow 5,000 canadian for that paint! Impressive! Thanks for correcting the rumors fbodfather!