Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-10-2013, 05:20 PM   #1
Lee123

Drives: 2012 2SS M6
ADM Boost Gauge Install Questions

I want to buy an ADM boost gauge but I'm having trouble figuring out how to install it. I've installed boost gauges on a few cars in the past but this one has me a bit puzzled. The one page instruction PDF on their web site isn't at all specific for the Camaro and didn't answer my questions. I don't know where to mount the sender or how to connect it to the boost/vacuum source. The instructions say the sender has 1/4" threads and then tell you to use rubber hose.

Anyone know where there are some decent instructions for the install? I've searched a lot but all I found was where someone started a DYI and quit after removing the panel above the steering wheel.

If that's out, could someone who has installed one on a Maggie show me how and where you tapped into a line for the boost/vacuum and how you mounted and connected the sensor?
Old 02-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #2
08G8V8

Drives: 2008 Pontiac G8GT
I know nothing about this kit, but as far as getting boost/vacuum from your Maggie, there should be a nipple on the back of the unit with a rubber cap on it. On my G8, it is on the drivers side. Not sure if it is on the same side on the Camaro.

Here is a pic of the nipple on my Maggie....It's the capped off nipple right by the rear pulley.

I used 5/32 vacuum hose from the nipple on the Maggie to the nipple on my Aeroforce Sensor.

Then you need to figure out the electrical side of things. I used an add-a-circuit for my gauges.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 PM   #3
ADM PERFORMANCE

Drives: Anything I want
MOUNT

The system requires you to install a 5/32 - 1/8 hose (not supplied) to your boost source(Not in our instructions as there are way too many supercharger and turbo systems that this will work with).

The maggie is on the passenger side beside the map sensor.

Do not cut and lengthen any of our wires as there is plenty of length to go to a power source behind the boost gauge area(some go behind the fuse block and solder to wires there and some tap power from the front side with some other apperatus)

Also a good ground source is the 13mm bolt that holds the dash to the car just behind the fuse block plastic closeout panel on the driver side of the dash.
ADM PERFORMANCE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:38 AM   #4
Lee123

Thanks for the replies. That clears things up a lot. I'm going to order the boost gauge today.

One more thing is still unclear. Where and how do you mount the sender? A picture of one properly mounted would help most, but even a written description would help a lot.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:42 AM   #5
ToddB

Drives: 2011 2SS Convertible Supercharged
Just secure it with some ties to a wire or a hose. It's real easy and I love my gauges.
ToddB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #6
Lee123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddB View Post
Just secure it with some ties to a wire or a hose. It's real easy and I love my gauges.
Well, that's easy. It must be smaller than I expected. I hadn't seen it yet and figured I'd have to make some kind of metal bracket and bolt it to the firewall or fender.
Old 02-11-2013, 11:58 AM   #7
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee123 View Post
Well, that's easy. It must be smaller than I expected. I hadn't seen it yet and figured I'd have to make some kind of metal bracket and bolt it to the firewall or fender.
Thanks for the order
Old 02-11-2013, 12:33 PM   #8
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Hey Andy,

I notice on the instructions on your website there is no mention of how to installl the bracket, is there somewhere we could find instructions for the bracket portion of the install?
JProberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 09:31 PM   #9
ADM PERFORMANCE

Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
Hey Andy,

I notice on the instructions on your website there is no mention of how to installl the bracket, is there somewhere we could find instructions for the bracket portion of the install?
Let me put it together.

It bolts into existing holes that already reside in the silver panel.

You are required to trim the gray panel as our gauges are .5" thick,the good news is that the original small blackout panel will still snap inplace and cover your trimming when it comes time to sell the car.Just be sure to save the little black piece for this future step..
Old 05-22-2014, 04:13 PM   #10
Tim417

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Sorry for the necropost, but I just bought the ADM Boost/Wideband Gauge Set and am trying to figure out how most people set this up. Is it recommended to put the sending unit in the engine compartment and run the wires through the firewall, or better to run the vacuum line through the firewall and have the sending unit inside the passenger compartment hidden somewhere under the dash?

Also, since I am going to have an exhaust shop weld in the bung for the Wideband A/F, trying to figure out the best way to time the install since you aren't supposed to plug the Wideband controller into power without the O2 sensor attached yet you can't install the O2 sensor without plugging into the powered Wideband controller without burning out the sensor. Gotta do it all at once! Kind of a pain….
Tim417 is offline   Reply With Quote