Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-13-2010, 01:28 AM   #85
Camaroman_99

Drives: 2009 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Good to have this "sticky" Will try to post some pics of my arsenal soon. I am a fan of the shooting sports ( IDPA , PPC, Skeet & trap)
Old 06-13-2010, 07:52 AM   #86
monstertodd

Drives: 2010 Cyber Grey Metallic 2SS/RS M6
Somebody recommend me a good .45 caliber semi auto for home defense.

I want it to have a light weight polymer frame, and have picatinny rails. I want to mount a weapon light to it. I used to own an HK45 USP. Loved that gun, but had to sell it.

I would consider another HK, a Springfield XD, or possibly a Springfield 1911. What else is out there? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg either.

Thoughts? (oh, and keep in mind I live in CA. So we have magazine limit restrictions, as well as no threaded barrels).
monstertodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 08:04 AM   #87
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddball View Post
CZ SP01 Tactical w/ decocker. 1st gun I've ever owned. It has a nice solid feel to it and I like the grips much better than my sisters Beretta, (MSP Service weapon).
That is a really nice weapon there. I was just on their website looking at the CZ-97 with decocker.
Old 06-13-2010, 08:32 AM   #88
JEFF2010SSMANUAL
JEFF2010SSMANUAL

Drives: IOM 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
That sucks man, glad most of the people I work with are cool, lots of former military members.
^^^Be very happy for that.

I did a test at work to find out if I could trust anybody. I said

little things to people to see if it got around, it did.

Sorry for these comments on your awesome thread. I won't

comment on my problems anymore.

AWESOME GUNS PEOPLE
JEFF2010SSMANUAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 12:54 PM   #89
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstertodd View Post

I want it to have a light weight polymer frame, and have picatinny rails. I want to mount a weapon light to it. I used to own an HK45 USP. Loved that gun, but had to sell it.

I would consider another HK, a Springfield XD, or possibly a Springfield 1911. What else is out there? I don't want to spend an arm and a leg either.

Thoughts? (oh, and keep in mind I live in CA. So we have magazine limit restrictions, as well as no threaded barrels).
Glock 21c if you want the .45

Or glock 22c for the .40s&w

You can get both for around 530 each.

Or if you want to pony up the dough, Kimber tactical entry II in .45
Scrappy Doo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 01:40 PM   #90
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Drives: '97 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to helmincamaro Send a message via Yahoo to helmincamaro
Quote:

I really like the FNP 45 too. Its a polymer frame and has the external hammer so you can shoot DA or SA. They cost a little more than a Glock but I like it a lot more. And the standard magazine holds 15 rounds of .45ACP! now thats pretty hard to beat.
helmincamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 01:39 AM   #91
monstertodd

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
I really like the FNP 45 too. Its a polymer frame and has the external hammer so you can shoot DA or SA. They cost a little more than a Glock but I like it a lot more. And the standard magazine holds 15 rounds of .45ACP! now thats pretty hard to beat.
Now that does sound nice!

*edit

I think I just found my next .45. This thing is sick! It's probably illegal in CA though.
Old 06-14-2010, 08:02 AM   #92
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
I think I just found my next .45. This thing is sick! It's probably illegal in CA though.
Surprise surprise lol
Old 06-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #93
metalemt
Urban Ninja

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM A6
Hahaha yeah I posted mine a page or two back, check out the tatical one. Come with a threaded barrel, red dot sight, and all mags are 15 rounders, if you by the all black, or the two-tone like mine it's one 15 and two 14 rounders which is odd but whatever. But the gun rocks
metalemt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 02:29 PM   #94
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Quote:
Now that does sound nice!

*edit

they do make 10 round mags for you poor guys in CA The DA is really smooth on these and the SA is short and crisp. The grip on them is molded like most polymer pistols and is a very aggressive grip. You will have a hard time getting this thing to slip out of your hand... its almost sharp. It has a 3 way safety on it (both sides which is a plus for lefties). Safe, fire and decock. If your used to a 1911, this will be a natural shot for you. I've held the FNP40 which looks a little different. The grips are much smoother and the barrel is shorter but from what I've heard, its also very accurate. Only 270 days now til I can buy mine (this is first on my list).
Old 06-14-2010, 02:34 PM   #95
helmincamaro
Official Lounge BAMF

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalemt View Post
Hahaha yeah I posted mine a page or two back, check out the tatical one. Come with a threaded barrel, red dot sight, and all mags are 15 rounders, if you by the all black, or the two-tone like mine it's one 15 and two 14 rounders which is odd but whatever. But the gun rocks

yeah, I thought that was kinda odd that they give you 2 different sized magazines.. but I guess the 14's don't stick out as much and probably hide a little better. How do you like your five-seven? I got to put about 5 rounds through one at a range a few months ago. The guy next to me had one and lemme give it a quick try. The ergo's just seemed kinda awkward to me though... plus ammo is expensive and hard to find around here.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:32 PM   #96
metalemt
Urban Ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by helmincamaro View Post
yeah, I thought that was kinda odd that they give you 2 different sized magazines.. but I guess the 14's don't stick out as much and probably hide a little better. How do you like your five-seven? I got to put about 5 rounds through one at a range a few months ago. The guy next to me had one and lemme give it a quick try. The ergo's just seemed kinda awkward to me though... plus ammo is expensive and hard to find around here.

The Five Seven is honestly one of the best handguns ever made, a handgun that shoots 1900 fps, 20 round mag stock, kick of a .22 and super light weight. i just wish they made adjustable night sights for it. For ammo though I'm on the FiveSeven forum also and now and then some of there sponsors hook it up, I just bout 300 rounds for 120 which honestly isn't bad no matter what caliber your shooting.
Old 06-14-2010, 05:36 PM   #97
nova

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, VR, PW, WR
Quote:

Smith and Wesson makes an M&P in .45ACP and I like my 9mm version a lot...

Mods:
skip shift eliminator (hey everybody's gotta start somewhere )
crappily painted engine cover...
nova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 05:46 PM   #98
metalemt
Urban Ninja

The M&P is a good gun but i personnaly don't like the trigger pull, it has a full reset instead of a partial like glock or most of the other major gun makers.

The glock's aren't bad but as we all know a glock is glock so not bad, but not as good as it get's.

HK is great but pricey and I'm not the greatest fan only because I have giant monkey paws and even with the big back strap just doesn't work for me. If you go HK though I strongly advise the LE trigger set, changes it to lighter pull double action only.

I'm not really familiar with Sig so no clue.

The FNP 45 as I said before is great.

Tags
camaro gun