Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2010 Camaro5 Fest (I)

Old 04-26-2010, 02:17 PM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by acatlover13 View Post
I actually feel compelled to add...

Let's keep in mind that these organizers and participants have already established some GREAT rapport and relationships with SGMP, and there is something to be said for building on what has already been started.

Also, if you feel so strongly that it should be moved, please be willing to step up and work your butt off, because that's what these guys did, and I think it's unfair for us to ask them to organize something from scratch every year at a new venue.

Sorry to go on and on, but I think that the guys that did all this work are getting over criticized for the choice of venue, when "ya gotta go with what ya know" so to speak. And those of us that were there can attest to the fantastic weekend that was the 1st Annual Camaro5 Fest!!!
If we don't return to SGMP next year, we might go back again at a later date as part of an alternating/rotating schedule.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:21 PM   #16
Rookie13
Hooked on AutoX

Drives: 1SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Rookie13
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
No way can we do it at SGMP next year. Year after? Sure. But our west coast bros. and sisters want to attend and we all want to meet them and allow them the equal opp. to participate. There are many of them who would have made it had it been closer to them. Me personally, I will be there no matter where it is, but keep it here would create animosity and just be unfair. The organizers next year can learn from the ones this year and it will be fine. Much of what was learned is not venue specific but just event specific.

I can only make one event per year and if there were to end up being two, I'd alternate anyway so I could meet some of the west coast guys. Even if I had to fly. Like Tribone did. Won't have my car, but it was awesome to have Tribone at the show anyway without his car.
+1
Rookie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 02:26 PM   #17
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
The general consensus seems to be that we should give more people an opportunity to attend, which means that we might be looking at some sort of rotating schedule. We all want to make sure that as many members as possible get to experience the event.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #18
Camaro Freak

Drives: 2010 IOM 2LT 334HP
Most everyone is suggesting major citys to host this event, and me personally think if Camaro5fest is held in a major city it will take away from the event. Valdosta was perfect!!! Just add to what you have already started and then Next year will be bigger and better than ever.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:32 PM   #19
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
I think staying somewhere near the middle part of the country would give everyone a good ride, and an equal opportunity to attend. There's always gonna be some issues, but it can't be perfect either.... So find a good open place with PLENTY of room and let's do it again!!!
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote