Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 07-29-2008, 04:36 AM   #1
DeeJay_Pico
AmericanCar Fan'!

Drives: MazdaSpeed RX-8
Send a message via MSN to DeeJay_Pico
Impossible!!! In Italy New Camaro @60000 Euro!!!

Impossible!!! In Italy New Camaro @60000 Euro!!!
IS CRAZY!!!

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...m=150256319498

I want buy this car, but in italy is impossible....!
Wen the car is out and for sale in USA i go to one dealer in USA buy and transport by by in italy...
If the car price is 25000 USD whit trasport+tax and other i pay only 30000 !!1
DeeJay_Pico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 04:52 AM   #2
DeSoulja2185
The One, The Only

Drives: 2006 Jaguar X-Type
Wow.. another wonderful EBAY "SCAM"... If someone purchases it before it even hits the production line... just tell me how AWESOME it is to drive, and be seen in.... LMAO!
DeSoulja2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 05:00 AM   #3
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
DeeJay, you might want to wait until they're released and find a country that's selling them in Europe. eBay is probably the worst place to pick one up ESPECIALLY during the first year or so. People are going to try and jack the price up to make some cash. If I could buy a v8 for around $30,000 USD and sell it to someone for $60,000, it means that when I go to buy the camaro I want, I'll be able to get it for free since that's the profit I made from selling the first one.

1. Wait a while if your local car deealership is selling them,
2. try not to buy from someone that's obviously trying to make money by "selling their spot" so to speak
Old 07-29-2008, 05:55 AM   #4
DeeJay_Pico
AmericanCar Fan'!

Drives: MazdaSpeed RX-8
Send a message via MSN to DeeJay_Pico
Hi boy, tanks for accortence!

I have called chevrolet Italy, and the car is not saled directly in Italy. but whit a external import dealer...
Wen i want buy, i go in the usa and buy, whit help on my friend (have a doble residence). Hes buy the car, trasport in italy and resell to me. In this metod, the tax, trasport and new plate cost me only 4000 USD (c.a. 2500 EUR)!!

Excuseme for my english, but i have only study by me...!
DeeJay_Pico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:07 AM   #5
Dan

Drives: 2004 GTO
Yes but we do know that some of Europe (maybe only England) is getting the Camaro, so why transport it across the ocean if you don't have to.
Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 08:10 AM   #6
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
First off, it's ILLEGAL to export new GM vehicles overseas. I go through this all the time with people wanting to buy Corvettes and Z06's and ship them to EU. And secondly, one of us needs to contact e-bay and have them remove anything that has to do with a 2010 Camaro because I'm sure that these people are doing something illegal as well.

The General does not like the idea of people being able to buy things cheap over here where the market is somewhat soft on domestic vehicles and then transport them to a place where the same vehicles sells for tweice the money right off the showroom floor.

ie. 2007 pre-owned Corvette coupe 3LT with say 4,000 miles
US value: $45,000
Romanian Value: $150,000 (roughly)

The only way to get the GM vehiles overseas is to:
a) Buy them USED
b) Title it in the states, pay taxes on it, keep it for 5 or 6 months, PAY IT OFF and then do what you will
or
c) Break the law and risk fines and jail time

As far as this e-bay guy, report him immediately so they cancel his account.
Chevyrocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #7
Emher
Pillaging Viking

Drives: Saab 9-5 '99 (Hey it's a GM!)
Send a message via MSN to Emher Send a message via Yahoo to Emher Send a message via Skype™ to Emher
^But hold on then. Are you saying that the import firms that sell new imported vehicles are in fact breaking the law in organized form? Or are the laws different in Canada (I know for a fact that one firm takes in cars via Canada)?

As for the pricing, DeeJay, I wouldn't worry just yet. The few ads I've seen for it at this point have it qouted at 560 000 Swedish Crownes. For comparison a brand new imported Mustang costs roughly 350 000 Swedish Crownes. That's ONE HELL of a difference. I think it's just price goughers who aim to squeeze out every penny of buyers while they can at the start of sales.
Old 07-29-2008, 09:59 AM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post
^But hold on then. Are you saying that the import firms that sell new imported vehicles are in fact breaking the law in organized form? Or are the laws different in Canada (I know for a fact that one firm takes in cars via Canada)?
That's different. GM has extentions in other parts of the world. GM Canada, and GM Europe for example. They're all GM, but they operate seperate from the "Mother Company". They are authorized to sell cars throughout THEIR dealer networks. But because of exchange rates, etc...the prices are higher. So GM understandibly frowns on people from Europe importing a US-spec (and priced) vehicle...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:01 PM   #9
camarorick

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsenn View Post
First off, it's ILLEGAL to export new GM vehicles overseas. I go through this all the time with people wanting to buy Corvettes and Z06's and ship them to EU. And secondly, one of us needs to contact e-bay and have them remove anything that has to do with a 2010 Camaro because I'm sure that these people are doing something illegal as well.

The General does not like the idea of people being able to buy things cheap over here where the market is somewhat soft on domestic vehicles and then transport them to a place where the same vehicles sells for tweice the money right off the showroom floor.

ie. 2007 pre-owned Corvette coupe 3LT with say 4,000 miles
US value: $45,000
Romanian Value: $150,000 (roughly)

The only way to get the GM vehiles overseas is to:
a) Buy them USED
b) Title it in the states, pay taxes on it, keep it for 5 or 6 months, PAY IT OFF and then do what you will
or
c) Break the law and risk fines and jail time

As far as this e-bay guy, report him immediately so they cancel his account.
The General should be ashamed of the price differences.... Why should the same product be 300% more expensive in another country ?

Please explain why it has to be titled, and remain in the states for 5 to 6 months ??
camarorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 12:03 PM   #10
Hassena91

Drives: 1993 Vw Golf Mk.III xD
Whaat ?
60k euro is nothing compared to Denmark, a dodge srt-8 which is around 40k in the US, is 180-200k dollars here wich is around 115k euros in Denmark it just crazy

btw we dont use Euro, we use Danish Krones
Hassena91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:14 PM   #11
Captain Awesome
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Whatever you call them, they sure sound like a tasty treat!
Captain Awesome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 11:57 PM   #12
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
Whatever you call them, they sure sound like a tasty treat!
Cap' You're friggin' crazy!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 04:42 AM   #13
willisit

Drives: Vauxhall Monaro VXR
Um.. there are hundreds of companies here that import vehicles from the US brand new and most have no affiliation with GM/Ford etc - so I can't see it being illegal. It's only importing a car! Besides, we still have to pay all the relavant taxes/VAT etc so everyone gets their money.
2001 Honda CBR 600 F
willisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 07:41 PM   #14
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emher View Post

As for the pricing, DeeJay, I wouldn't worry just yet. The few ads I've seen for it at this point have it qouted at 560 000 Swedish Crownes. For comparison a brand new imported Mustang costs roughly 350 000 Swedish Crownes. That's ONE HELL of a difference. I think it's just price goughers who aim to squeeze out every penny of buyers while they can at the start of sales.
I can't buy a new car in the US. I don't know if Canadian dealers are allowed to sell to other countries. However, an American can buy a new car and I could buy it from them 'used', I think. I imagine this is how exporters work.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote