Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-23-2013, 03:58 PM   #1
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
V6 intake - Injen?

Thoughts?

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...ke-pf7013p.htm

Seems good an good price what is the consensus for a CAI for V6?
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
skibik

Drives: bbbbbb
The link didn't take me to the CAI that I assume you had selected. I can only comment on the Injen and I like mine. I bought the polished one. I found mine for less then $300 though from another shop so don't know if they went up in price. Below is a pic of mine installed. It needs polishing again as this is my DD and the tube is a little dirty but I like the looks of this over black.

Dean.

skibik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:35 PM   #3
SoCalThug

Drives: 2012 Summit White 1Ls
This is a great intake, improved sound and mpg
SoCalThug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
The link didn't take me to the CAI that I assume you had selected. I can only comment on the Injen and I like mine. I bought the polished one. I found mine for less then $300 though from another shop so don't know if they went up in price. Below is a pic of mine installed. It needs polishing again as this is my DD and the tube is a little dirty but I like the looks of this over black.

Dean.

Sorry I think it would be this one? Easy to install?

Notice a little more power?

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...ions-s/203.htm
Old 04-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #5
skibik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
Sorry I think it would be this one? Easy to install?

Notice a little more power?

http://www.phastekperformance.com/20...ions-s/203.htm
If memory serves me correct about half hour to an hour somewhere in there and real easy.

I have a hard time noticing the power from these add-ons. Injen did claim up to 15 HP but you have to keep in mind the thing is already putting out 323 HP at the crank and only adding about 3 to 5% HP with this CAI. You may notice a little improvement in MPG but only talking a couple MPG tops. That is one of the main reason I bought it was to improve MPG. I was still in the break-in period when I put mine on and was running about 25.5 MPG average per tank(just checked since I have kept track of all my fills except the first couple) after install I was averaging about 26.3 to 27.7 MPG. I did manage to record a best tank of 29.2 and believe that this kind of mileage was partially due to the free flowing air filter. I bought this brand because it has a Amsoil K&N style dry filter on it. I didn't want to have to oil it so this one just needs to be removed and vacuumed or blown out from the inside with a low pressure blow nozzle. Besides MPG the other thing I went for was to dress up under the hood and I like this one myself for the chrome look and this one versus the one that has the plexiglass window in it. I don't need to see the filter. The downside is I didn't buy a windshield washer relocation kit so you have to remove the 4 allen head screws and remove the cover to fill it. No big deal to me as I have only topped off the bottle once in 10 months and it didn't need it. It is my DD.

Dean.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:44 PM   #6
TwentyTen2SSRS

Thanks for th info! I need to grab this as well. Do you have a link? I am finding many options out there at different price points even for just Injen. I want to make sure I get the right one.
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
Old 04-27-2013, 08:07 PM   #7
skibik

http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/pf7012.html

Here is where I bought mine through. I had to do some digging through my old bills but managed to find it. If you were asking about the relocation bottle you can check through the website and see if they have it. If you want the dry filter make sure you check that in the drop down box before ordering. I think the cleaning kit that is in the other drop down box if for the oil style filter and you do not need it. Hope this is what you are asking for.

Dean.

PS, I forgot I had made a review on the product on their website. The only thing I would change is the part where I said I would probably save my money and just add an aftermarket filter, I would change that to stating that I am more then happy with this system and would buy another since I made that statement. I do like this look under the hood more than the stock box.

Last edited by skibik; 04-27-2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: Add PS
Old 04-27-2013, 08:17 PM   #8
skibik

One more thing if you order this from them make you add the word "TWENTY" in the coupon code for the promotion they have running now since that item is more then $250 you will save yourself another $20.

Dean.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:53 PM   #9
TwentyTen2SSRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by skibik View Post
One more thing if you order this from them make you add the word "TWENTY" in the coupon code for the promotion they have running now since that item is more then $250 you will save yourself another $20.

Dean.

Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for! Did you go with the oiled filter or the dry filter?
Old 04-29-2013, 05:10 PM   #10
skibik

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
Thank you! Exactly what I was looking for! Did you go with the oiled filter or the dry filter?
I went with the dry filter since I didn't want to mess with washing, drying and re-oiling. The filter is made by Amzoil and looks real similar to a K&N. From what I gathered for cleaning all you need to do is vacuum it or by using a low pressure air nozzle and blow it out from the inside. I have had mine on for about 10 months and around 8500 miles and I am getting close to popping it off for a cleaning whether it needs it or not.

Dean.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #11
BigVic
Speed Racer

Drives: 2022 LT1
All CAI's about the same...just pick one. I have the CAI intake.
Post delivery - FR 41 ZL1 Replica Rims (20x10 Front, +23 - 20x11 Rear, +43), Llumar 28% Tint, Ceramic Paint Coating, Hardwired Uniden R3 Radar Unit and Viofo A129 Dashcam, TMG A-15 (dual) front Laser Jammers
BigVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #12
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVic View Post
All CAI's about the same...just pick one. I have the CAI intake.
This is what mind blows me. The CAI is $100 more over every other option. Any particular reason why you chose CAI?
DagoCountyGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 02:35 AM   #13
BigVic
Speed Racer

Drives: 2022 LT1
I like the looks the best, and it is very high quality. There's a reason it cost more. Power-wise, they are all about the same.

Someone piss in your Cheerios bud?
Post delivery - FR 41 ZL1 Replica Rims (20x10 Front, +23 - 20x11 Rear, +43), Llumar 28% Tint, Ceramic Paint Coating, Hardwired Uniden R3 Radar Unit and Viofo A129 Dashcam, TMG A-15 (dual) front Laser Jammers
BigVic is offline   Reply With Quote