Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 06-28-2013, 09:24 AM   #1
crshields90

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
2013 LS Paint Bubble

I got my Camaro just a few days ago and recently found a bubble under the paint on the trunk lid just above the spoiler. It is going in to be repainted on monday and they say I should get it back wed. night. Has anyone else had their paint bubble up on them?
crshields90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 07:00 PM   #2
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by crshields90 View Post
I got my Camaro just a few days ago and recently found a bubble under the paint on the trunk lid just above the spoiler. It is going in to be repainted on monday and they say I should get it back wed. night. Has anyone else had their paint bubble up on them?
Any updates following your service visit at the dealer?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-09-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
crshields90

They found out the spot was under the paint on the trunk and also there was a spot on the roof and hood. All were repainted. However after getting it back last week I noticed tape lines on the car where new the new paint had not been blended into the old and also there were wet sand marks still on the hood. So the dealership has it yet again. Hopefully they will get it right this time.
Old 07-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
They found out the spot was under the paint on the trunk and also there was a spot on the roof and hood. All were repainted. However after getting it back last week I noticed tape lines on the car where new the new paint had not been blended into the old and also there were wet sand marks still on the hood. So the dealership has it yet again. Hopefully they will get it right this time.
Oh no!

I'm truly sorry that you have to go back to the dealer. Let me know if you encounter an issue after your service visit this time and I will see what I can do for you.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-09-2013, 11:37 PM   #5
crshields90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Oh no!

I'm truly sorry that you have to go back to the dealer. Let me know if you encounter an issue after your service visit this time and I will see what I can do for you.

Kindly,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks! I will keep you updated.
Old 07-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #6
Casperadub70

Drives: 2014 1LE Camaro, 95 Z28 Camaro
Damn sorry buddy. Hope it gets fixed for good this time.
2014 1LE 2SS Camaro Recaro seats, Custom Cam, Kooks LT headers, CAI intake, Z/28 Spoiler, Z/28 Belly Pan, Z/28 Brake Air Ducts, Stainless Steel breaklines, BMR Toe Rods and Trailing Arms resulting in 482.49 RWHP
Casperadub70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:25 PM   #7
crshields90

Got the car back today. I am surprised to say that it is actually right. The shop put someone who knew what they were doing on the car and it got done right. I'm very impressed.
Old 07-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #8
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Got the car back today. I am surprised to say that it is actually right. The shop put someone who knew what they were doing on the car and it got done right. I'm very impressed.
That's awesome crshields90,

I'm very happy that everything was handled properly for you! Thanks so much for your updates and don't hesitate to contact us moving forward with any questions.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care