Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Motorsports Discussions

Old 05-18-2014, 09:53 PM   #15
MrsLT1PWRD
Camaro "Disciple"

Drives: #1 13 HWSE, 95Z, 06 HHR, & 03 Ion
Good luck! Wish we could make it, but it doesn't look like it's in the cards for us this year. :(

Our Hot Wheels Special Edition Short Story: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...eels+delivered
MrsLT1PWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014, 07:50 AM   #16
driser

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Camaro Corral @ Petit Le Mans October 1-4

I am in the process of setting up a Camaro Corral at the Petit Le Mans race at Road Atlanta October 1-4.

I have talked to Road Atlanta and IMSA and both are excited to have us. Road Atlanta is sending me pricing etc. later this week, and IMSA is working on team meet & greets and hot laps. Road Atlanta should be providing parade laps (in your car) as well.

We will also be working on gift bags, a cruise, and a dinner.

The corral is available to us, but we need a minimum of 50 cars to make it work. I know it is a long way off, but I need to have an idea if we have enough interest to make the minimum required.

If anyone is interested in attending, please either pm me or go to the southeast forum and post on the thread I started yesterday.

Thanks,

David
driser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 05:19 PM   #17
MrsLT1PWRD
Camaro "Disciple"

Drives: #1 13 HWSE, 95Z, 06 HHR, & 03 Ion
Quote:
Originally Posted by driser View Post
I am in the process of setting up a Camaro Corral at the Petit Le Mans race at Road Atlanta October 1-4.

I have talked to Road Atlanta and IMSA and both are excited to have us. Road Atlanta is sending me pricing etc. later this week, and IMSA is working on team meet & greets and hot laps. Road Atlanta should be providing parade laps (in your car) as well.

We will also be working on gift bags, a cruise, and a dinner.

The corral is available to us, but we need a minimum of 50 cars to make it work. I know it is a long way off, but I need to have an idea if we have enough interest to make the minimum required.

If anyone is interested in attending, please either pm me or go to the southeast forum and post on the thread I started yesterday.

Thanks,

David
GREAT NEWS DAVID!!!! Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend :(, but I'm sure you'll have fun!!!

Our Hot Wheels Special Edition Short Story: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...eels+delivered
MrsLT1PWRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 08:20 PM   #18
driser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLT1PWRD View Post
GREAT NEWS DAVID!!!! Unfortunately, we won't be able to attend :(, but I'm sure you'll have fun!!!
Keep your fingers crossed for us.....so far only one post re interest.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2014, 09:08 PM   #19
Somanynamesicantuse

Drives: RIP 2010 Rally Yellow Camaro 2SS
For anyone on the fence about attending a race or participating in a Corral...do it.

While I can't say I've been to a Camaro Corral, I was at the Corvette Corral a couple of weeks ago at Canadian Tire Motorsports Park (Mosport). Well worth the time and money. We got to take our cars on the track, there was a private meet/greet/autograph session with the drivers, members of GM's Corvette design team were there, there were giveaways, food on race day, and we all went home with some good swag.

Plus, it's great racing. If you have a Camaro or are a fan of them then you really need to at least go to a race. Go to IMSA.com and click on the Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge heading to find a race near you. Guaranteed great time...
Somanynamesicantuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #20
Modern Muscle

VIR Oaktree Grand Prix at VIR 8-23-14

Is anyone else going to this race?

The Stevenson Camaros are a blast to watch and are 11pts out of first place in the Continental Tire series.

It does not look like there is a Camaro Corral set up for parking?

That is too bad, I attended the Watkins Glen race last year and it was nice to have all of us in one place, it was like a car show. PLUS they let us drive on the track after the race! AWESOME!!!
Modern Muscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #21
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
Any news on dates for 2015?
Old 01-15-2015, 11:28 AM   #22
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
You can see the schedule here.
http://www.imsa.com/series/sportscar-challenge/schedule
Unfortunately, Indy and Kansas were dropped from last year. I will be organizing the corral for Watkins Glen again this year, unless I get less cooperation from parties involved that I did last year. That race is the weekend of June 27th. I'm hoping someone will step up and organize corrals for Lime Rock and VIR. Both those are doable for me.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:47 AM   #23
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
You can see the schedule here.
http://www.imsa.com/series/sportscar-challenge/schedule
Unfortunately, Indy and Kansas were dropped from last year. I will be organizing the corral for Watkins Glen again this year, unless I get less cooperation from parties involved that I did last year. That race is the weekend of June 27th. I'm hoping someone will step up and organize corrals for Lime Rock and VIR. Both those are doable for me.
I'll deff be at lime rock. was upset about them taking it off the schedule last year. glad to have it back.
Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 11:54 AM   #24
ZED SLED

Drives: 2017 Mosaic Bk ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lombardi View Post
I'll deff be at lime rock. was upset about them taking it off the schedule last year. glad to have it back.
CTSCC was there last year, but not Tudor. Both are there this year. If you want to organize a corral PM me and I can provide contacts.

ZED SLED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:16 PM   #25
Lombardi

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZED SLED View Post
CTSCC was there last year, but not Tudor. Both are there this year. If you want to organize a corral PM me and I can provide contacts.
sure shoot me some details and I'll look into it thanks
Lombardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 08:39 PM   #26
PEW-PROFESSIONAL

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 2SS
Can we get one at Road Atlanta, we have a enough in one club to make a good showing!!!
G5carbon.com-SS Carbon fiber Trunk Filler Panels**Carbon fiber Heat Extractor **Z/28 Carbon Fiber Spoiler (Comming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon Fiber Rear Defuser (Comming Soon)**SS Carbon Fiber Lower Grill (Coming Soon)**Z/28 Carbon fiber Side Skirts (Coming soon)**SS Carbon fiber Cooling Plate (Coming Soon)**Camber/Caster Plates (Coming Soon)
Westcoastcamaros.com-Carbon Fiber Engine Cover (Ordered)
PEW-PROFESSIONAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 07:53 AM   #27
driser

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEW-PROFESSIONAL View Post
Can we get one at Road Atlanta, we have a enough in one club to make a good showing!!!
Tried last year for Petit, but because of the price charged by Road Atlanta for the corral space, made it way more money than people were willing to spend. When we did the corral there at the Grand Am race (2013), there was no charge for the space and we had about 30 cars, hot laps, parade laps, and a meet & greet with Stevenson Motorsports.

long story short, there is no problem getting one (I have all of the contact numbers), but the price is the problem.
Old 03-16-2016, 09:03 PM   #28
InTheMarket

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS
Tell me there are still car corrals happening, I witnessed Camaros and Corvettes, taking a lap at St. Petersberg Grand Prix this past weekend along with the CTS-V's. I asked the race information booth, and then my dealer once I got back home, they know nothing about it.

Thanks,

Sai.