Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-04-2013, 12:18 PM   #29
RexZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Double reply. It's the 4th, so everybody must be partyin and not respondin. I'm at Work..arrrggghh.
I did some research on the reduction of backpressure with supercharged cars, and most people say it reduces power and boost.
I'm u
"un-technical", but if somebody knows anyting objective about that it would be appreciated.
RexZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 02:14 PM   #30
Normagene

Drives: 2013 Ashen Gray M6 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by RexZL1 View Post
Double reply. It's the 4th, so everybody must be partyin and not respondin. I'm at Work..arrrggghh.
I did some research on the reduction of backpressure with supercharged cars, and most people say it reduces power and boost.
I'm u
"un-technical", but if somebody knows anyting objective about that it would be appreciated.
Check out their website: www.noweeds.net. It will answer all of your questions. The video on the homepage of the girl in the black Camaro sold me right on the spot! Steve from Noweeds stated that HP increase can be anywhere from 15 to 35, although no dyno number have been run on a ZL1, which is what I ordered it for, and I should have it real soon! Nobody has complained of any power lost/top end. My research/PMs with those that have had the system for over three years and still working perfectly, have all responded 100% Satisfaction and highly recommend. That includes a few ZL1s although they have only had it a year or less, the ones I spoke with, and no problems, well one guy hit something and it knocked it loose. He added a few spot welds.
Normagene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:38 AM   #31
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Our objective with the Noweeds dual valve diverters have been expressly to enhance the sound of the vehicle throughout its operating range.

Yes, they will enhance the sound of any V8 Camaro, some more than others.

In Dyno testing, with open diverters, we have generally experienced a higher peak HP number.

The video posted is of a NicKey Stage II S, and it does feature our Old Skool style Stage II Cam. It does have Hi-flow cats as well.

We have been using the systems since the first 5th gens rolled off the transporters and have logged tens of thousands of miles with no issues.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #32
RexZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickeyChicago View Post
Our objective with the Noweeds dual valve diverters have been expressly to enhance the sound of the vehicle throughout its operating range.

Yes, they will enhance the sound of any V8 Camaro, some more than others.

In Dyno testing, with open diverters, we have generally experienced a higher peak HP number.

The video posted is of a NicKey Stage II S, and it does feature our Old Skool style Stage II Cam. It does have Hi-flow cats as well.

We have been using the systems since the first 5th gens rolled off the transporters and have logged tens of thousands of miles with no issues.
You say "V8 camaros" and 100s of miles on "5th Gens", but have you had a significant experience with specifically the ZL1 which is supercharged?
Old 07-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #33
NicKey

Drives: Nickey Super Camaro
Yes, you can say that we have had some experience with ZL1s.

Last edited by NicKey; 07-05-2013 at 04:46 PM.
NicKey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #34
98on20s

Just placed my order should have it frist week in August.
98on20s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:01 PM   #35
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Personally I wouldn't put them on without headers or HF cats, because you will be very disappointed with the outcome with the OEM cats.
Old 07-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #36
RexZL1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
Personally I wouldn't put them on without headers or HF cats, because you will be very disappointed with the outcome with the OEM cats.
Is that because they are so restricted inside that it doesn't really matter what's downstream? I saw an old thread where somebody ur the ZL1 cat one and it is really restrictive to air flow.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #37
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Quote:
Not true, they sound amazing!!!!!!! I have had them on for about 4 months now. I pretty much keep them open all the time! I have NO regret and they sure turn heads. People want to know what the heck all my mods are. All I have is noweeds and rotofab.

Car finally sounds like it looks - MEAN
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #38
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by cybercoaster View Post
Not true, they sound amazing!!!!!!! I have had them on for about 4 months now. I pretty much keep them open all the time! I have NO regret and they sure turn heads. People want to know what the heck all my mods are. All I have is noweeds and rotofab.

Car finally sounds like it looks - MEAN

You see there's the rub, mine are so loud with HF cats I can't drive with them open all the time. I've heard mine before and after the HF cats, and before they sound around 2X louder than the exhaust normally does.

Here's mine ...

Old 07-05-2013, 09:09 PM   #39
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Quote:
You see there's the rub, mine are so loud with HF cats I can't drive with them open all the time. I've heard mine before and after the HF cats, and before they sound around 2X louder than the exhaust normally does.

Here's mine ...

auto...........why..............why........

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:12 PM   #40
SlingShot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
auto...........why..............why........

Because I also have a manual SS, for when I want to row gears ...

Where's your auto ?
Old 07-05-2013, 09:13 PM   #41
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
2 camaros ago =]

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:24 PM   #42
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
This looks like one fun mode for the stock set up.