Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 11-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #29
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro_Corvette View Post
I fully expect them to make it disappear like in the vette.

My friend has a used Caddy XLR. It was hidden on the windshield in front of the rear view mirror. I'm sure thats where it will end up on the Camaro.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #30
L05ER
displacement whore

Drives: 71 Monte Carlo
i agree on the third brake light...

i was planning on keeping my convertible stock, but not with that brake light on the trunk. they should definitely move it to the spoiler like the jay leno edition...
L05ER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #31
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
They bitch about it being a porker now. Imagine with a hard top vert! Hard would be nice but I like the way it is turning out. I just hope that antenna gets pulled from the final design. I would imagine it's due to testing the top and integrating it into the rear glass later. It just looks strange because I'm used to the clean look of the car. I think the soft top looks about as good as they can do once it's cleaned up it will sell like crazy. Nice job Chevy!
It won't be in the rear window, you would lose radio reception or it would greatly degrade with the top down...
The sharkfin will probably stay, this is not a Corvette, My Sky cost about the same as a camaro coupe and it's antennas were in the same place on this Convertible Camaro.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:51 AM   #32
karr1008
Supercharging

Drives: 20XX Camaro SS
Yeah, It's a pre-production but, the photos are out there so...
first impressions are first impressions. No exceptions.

Aside from the minor thrown aesthetics like brakes, exhaust and whatever,
Side profile, looks bad. The whole back end looks weak where as the coupe keeps it's muscular lines. The soft top def. looks like a tent. I know that for the sake of pricing the sacrifices must be made... otherwise an electric hard top would it been my choice.

The antenna, I assume that they will somehow incorporate it into the rear glass like the coupe but, look how small of a glass you get.

...and, the shark fin. Unless they come with another way to transmit On Star, It will remain like it is. Unless they make it round like a hockey puck.

Just observations.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:12 AM   #33
general23cmp

Drives: 2010 RS SS
Honestly, I absolutely hate the look of it with the top up. One of the things that made the new Camaro looks so cool was its slick top. This is dreadful, but looks like the pictures I saw a while back, which is why I went with the hardtop. It should be cool with the top down, but honestly, that is maybe 5-10% of the time I'd be driving it. So, 90-95% of the time, it would look like that....no thanks! Disappointing.
general23cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #34
P. Ham

Drives: IOM 2LT/RS
Not feeling it. Prefer hard top convert. Back looks messy. Lost the muscular look.

It's not polite to stare.
P. Ham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:40 AM   #35
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
I hope when the top is down you can get more than one small suitcase in the trunk. With the Mustang conv you can, with the Chrysler Sebring you cannot. We have rented both on vacations and with the Chrysler its necessary to put the top up every time you park, so both of the suitcases can be locked up- one on the back seat.
myold88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:44 AM   #36
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Don't like the shark fin why don't they put it in the front driver mirror,( like the vett ) And the extra antennae get that off the car, And one more is the 3rd brake light needs to be part of the OEM rear spoiler to fix the trunk look.

But if gm dos not do it i will.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 11:52 AM   #37
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
I like it, the vert top looks awesome.
2010 SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:02 PM   #38
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruznSS View Post
I don't like the 3rd brake light so high on the trunk. Think they could incorperate it on the spoiler. And the shark fin antena looks out of place. Just mho. Overall it does look good, just needs a few fixes.
Completely agree. This looks AWESOME overall! Only problem is a couple of details. Both the shark fin and the center brake light look tacked on. I would also like to see the center tail light integrated into the spoiler, or just a different design of it where it currently is.
Old 11-30-2009, 12:03 PM   #39
Steeler NY

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by general23cmp View Post
Honestly, I absolutely hate the look of it with the top up. One of the things that made the new Camaro looks so cool was its slick top. This is dreadful, but looks like the pictures I saw a while back, which is why I went with the hardtop. It should be cool with the top down, but honestly, that is maybe 5-10% of the time I'd be driving it. So, 90-95% of the time, it would look like that....no thanks! Disappointing.
Seriously???? Obviously you don’t drive a convertible! 95 % of the time I drive mine is with the top down and I live in central NY. Yes my Camaro is not my primary car. Yes a hard top convertible would be nice but think of the added weight! and cost!!! I think GM did a great job with the soft top! cant wait to order the convertible!!!
Steeler NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:24 PM   #40
Mikes SS

Drives: '10 CGM 2SS/RS 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2BQIK View Post
Completely agree. This looks AWESOME overall! Only problem is a couple of details. Both the shark fin and the center brake light look tacked on. I would also like to see the center tail light integrated into the spoiler, or just a different design of it where it currently is.
I agree, I think that they could intergrate the shark fin AND the brake light into the rear spoiler, or like the Mirror which also was suggested. It can't cost that much more either way!! Looks absolutely terrible as is!
Mikes SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 12:26 PM   #41
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
She is beautiful!! That is a sexy Vert!! Chevy has made another keeper!!
Old 11-30-2009, 12:42 PM   #42
305pride

Drives: 3.4l 1995 camaro
awesome! probably doesnt look as great with the top up. but i bet it looks beautiful with the top down! and all for you guys saying it isnt the production version. i bet this is as close as it could get for the production version with minor tweaks. and the antenna looks like mine on my camaro. i hate that antenna. lol
305pride is offline   Reply With Quote