Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-07-2011, 07:04 AM   #1
eastwoodisme

Drives: 2010 LS3 CGM 2SS Camaro
Only mod is Cherry Bombs

Yes Cherry Bombs... but they were ALREADY on the car

So. Beleive it or not they sound REALLY GOOD! I was impressed. Saw another SS CGM at the gas station and he had Flowmasters. I have always been a flowmaster guy but these Cherry Bombs definately had him beat.

My question:

Considering these are just mufflers... what would be the best route for a header install. I'd much rather do the bolt on my self but dont know any of the tricks of the trade in terms of the mid pipes or clamps that fit the best etc... any ideas or thoughts would help. (I want to keep the Cherry Bombs)
eastwoodisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:21 AM   #2
honeybucket99

Drives: 2SS/RS CGM CAMARO BEAST
read up on the helmholtz effect

I love my cherry bombs as well, but you'll need a j-pipe with the cherry bombs
2010 CGM 2SS/RS; 418 stroker; JE Forged Pistons (offset wrist pin); Forged Crank; upgraded valvetrain; Custom Comp Cams Cam; Kenne Bell 2.8; ID 1000s; Aeromotive Fuel pump with return; ARH Long Tubes; Spec heavy duty clutch; 3" Magnaflow Cat Back; Nick Williams 102 mm Throttle Body; Tune fixed by Dave Steck; 815 HP and 14 mpg

Upcoming--
Disintegrated drivetrain;
Divorce if/when my wife catches on to
my addiction
honeybucket99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2011, 07:43 AM   #3
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwoodisme View Post
Yes Cherry Bombs... but they were ALREADY on the car

So. Beleive it or not they sound REALLY GOOD! I was impressed. Saw another SS CGM at the gas station and he had Flowmasters. I have always been a flowmaster guy but these Cherry Bombs definately had him beat.

My question:

Considering these are just mufflers... what would be the best route for a header install. I'd much rather do the bolt on my self but dont know any of the tricks of the trade in terms of the mid pipes or clamps that fit the best etc... any ideas or thoughts would help. (I want to keep the Cherry Bombs)
Welcome to personalizing your vehicle club.

I carry many of the best Header brands, I would be happy to give you advice on which direction to go and what works best and supply you with tunes to support your mods.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 02:29 AM   #4
eastwoodisme

Drives: 2010 LS3 CGM 2SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Welcome to personalizing your vehicle club.

I carry many of the best Header brands, I would be happy to give you advice on which direction to go and what works best and supply you with tunes to support your mods.

Ted.

Thanks! So I'm not wanting to spend that much money on the system. I want to go two ways... One is Headers no cats straight piped to the cherry bombs. Or headers straight piped to the bumper with no muffler. Loud exhaust doesn't bother me but I want it to still sound good.

Is it cheaper with or without hi flow cats? I am assuming without. Can I get headers that have the threads for the sensors? Will running no cats mess up my computer? Will I have to get it tuned if I put headers no cats and straight back to my cherry bombs? Has anyone ever put on headers and x pipe no cats and dumped it?

I have no idea which would sound the best but if possible I'd like to keep my cherrybombs. Unless theyre going to prevent flow considerably. Any advise would be great. Thanks!
eastwoodisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:00 AM   #5
SamSS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
If you put headers on your car, cats or no cats, it will throw codes because the stock cats are moved. The midpipes would probably fit your exhaust so you can keep your mufflers. Get the tune while you're at it too, makes everything better if you take it to the right shop. I'd recommend a dyno tune.
Old 08-18-2011, 11:30 AM   #6
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastwoodisme View Post
Thanks! So I'm not wanting to spend that much money on the system. I want to go two ways... One is Headers no cats straight piped to the cherry bombs. Or headers straight piped to the bumper with no muffler. Loud exhaust doesn't bother me but I want it to still sound good.

Is it cheaper with or without hi flow cats? I am assuming without. Can I get headers that have the threads for the sensors? Will running no cats mess up my computer? Will I have to get it tuned if I put headers no cats and straight back to my cherry bombs? Has anyone ever put on headers and x pipe no cats and dumped it?

I have no idea which would sound the best but if possible I'd like to keep my cherrybombs. Unless theyre going to prevent flow considerably. Any advise would be great. Thanks!
Yes it is less expensive to go without cats usually 100.00 less.

Either way you will need a tune, and I provide that Via SCT X3 Tuner.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote