Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 10-31-2013, 05:03 PM   #1
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Where to tap in????

So I have a 2012 2SS/RS with BA System, Onstar, and rearview cam, I am about to install a new scosche kit and Kenwood DNX 890HD. I have a few questions. Does anyone know where I can tap into my backup cam feed to make it display on both my mirror and new head unit. Do I need to install a resistor with the new version of the scosche kit to make my steering wheel controls work? Also I have to Kicker 1000.1 amp in my trunk that is currently grounded straight to my battery and even with a 2 farad cap it dims the lights, where would you reccommend grounding it seeing as I have a ******** 2 12" box w/ 2 kicker 12 inch comps?
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
Pin 1 and 2 are white and brown and are video + and - respectively on the mirror
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #3
Bildo

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS LS3
Thanks, I wonder if anyone knows what size or PN blade terminals people like Mirror Tap use to tap into the mirror. I could manufacture something like they have setup pretty easy. Unless there is an easier place I could splice in with enviromentals further down along the video line.
Bildo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 10:43 AM   #4
DraggnFrameGMC

Drives: 2011 Synergy Green Camaro LT
I would just peel back the coating around the factory harness near the mirror and run your wires thru there then solder them on.
DraggnFrameGMC is offline   Reply With Quote