Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 02:29 PM   #29
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoopid View Post
Even if you didn't mean the apology, this thread certainly demonstrates the 'bigger man' in this.

[I have no idea what thread it was]
I saw Spartan roll his eyes when he apologized, and they not have come across the forum well. So if you would just roll them a little slower next time, we can all see you are very very very, well at least somewhat, kind of, maybe ...sorry.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:10 PM   #30
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brilac View Post
Let me see if I got this right... you pride yourself on being an internet troll,(yes i realize that I took the bait), you acted like a dick to someone for your own pleasure and now he wants nothing to do with you. You are now acting butthurt because he didn't accept your apology. Remember, acceptance of the apology is not required of him. You apologized and he didn't accept it , its over unless you are planning more trolling based on your final line.. "What to do, what to do..."

disclaimer... In the past I have done my fair share of trolling.
Not exactly.
I mean I do enjoy arguing, but that is just like sparring, for fun.
I do not pride myself on trolling, I do not usually write negative things specifically to elicit a response. Should someone I am going back and forth with take offense, or get bent out of shape, that is on them.
Case in point- the guy I was going back and forth with wrote several opinions disguised as facts, I retirte switch facts.
His grammar, and syntax were horrible, which also gave me an edge.
He furthermore claimed that I only made certain statements about certain subject matter, which is just plain silly.
Furthermore, he had the audacity to claim that I didn't know anything more about a specific subject than anyone else, which is patently untrue, and I was able to demonstrate my education, training, and experience with this subject.

That, along with somebody snitching (probably, as I cannot confirm this,) led to the thread being erased by the mods.
I immediately, upon my discovery of said deletion, PM'd the Op to apologize.
That was two weeks ago, I had pretty much forgotten about it.
Then I get a PM, from Op, implying that he didn't belive me, and that I should not bother responding as he did not care what I had to say.
I then wrote Op another long, and heartfelt apology, and tried to send it via PM, but he had blocked me so I could not send it.

So I thought I would start this thread,
Tell an honest account of what I think happened,
Hoping that Op would see it, and see that I was indeed sorry that my actions contributed to his thread being deleted. Also that doing so would help him become less agro about the issue.
I
Old 12-19-2014, 04:22 PM   #31
Rico
Flying da helicopter

Drives: Black SS/RS
I wouldn't worry about it. You did the right thing to apologize......your work is done
Old 12-19-2014, 04:25 PM   #32
Manbearpig
Engineer of softness-ware

Drives: 2013 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Not exactly.
I do not pride myself on trolling, I do not usually write negative things specifically to elicit a response. Should someone I am going back and forth with take offense, or get bent out of shape, that is on them.
Case in point- the guy I was going back and forth with wrote several opinions disguised as facts, I retirte switch facts.
His grammar, and syntax were horrible, which also gave me an edge.
He furthermore claimed that I only made certain statements about certain subject matter, which is just plain silly.
Furthermore, he had the audacity to claim that I didn't know anything more about a specific subject than anyone else, which is patently untrue, and I was able to demonstrate my education, training, and experience with this subject.

That, along with somebody snitching (probably, as I cannot confirm this,) led to the thread being erased by the mods.
I immediately, upon my discovery of said deletion, PM'd the Op to apologize.
That was two weeks ago, I had pretty much forgotten about it.
Then I get a PM, from Op, implying that he didn't belive me, and that I should not bother responding as he did not care what I had to say.
I then wrote Op another long, and heartfelt apology, and tried to send it via PM, but he had blocked me so I could not send it.

So I thought I would start this thread,
Tell an honest account of what I think happened,
Hoping that Op would see it, and see that I was indeed sorry that my actions contributed to his thread being deleted. Also that doing so would help him become less agro about the issue.
I
He voiced his opinion.

His opinion was wrong, he got called for it.

He then blamed you for calling him on a clearly wrong opinion.

In the military, there's a saying for people who halfway know what they're talking about.

"Stfu and color"

It means unless said person has a 110% idea of what they're speaking on, they are misinforming people and need to shut the hell up. Misinformation can cause all sorts of problems, thus, people need to understand;

He is entitled to an opinion, however, he is not entitled to a right opinion. Misinformation where information matters is just as much trolling as eliciting a negative response.
Old 12-19-2014, 04:26 PM   #33
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Well said sir, well said
Old 12-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #34
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
He voiced his opinion.

His opinion was wrong, he got called for it.

He then blamed you for calling him on a clearly wrong opinion.

In the military, there's a saying for people who halfway know what they're talking about.

"Stfu and color"

It means unless said person has a 110% idea of what they're speaking on, they are misinforming people and need to shut the hell up. Misinformation can cause all sorts of problems, thus, people need to understand;

He is entitled to an opinion, however, he is not entitled to a right opinion. Misinformation where information matters is just as much trolling as eliciting a negative response.
It's the internet.... It was made to spread misinformation. Just look at Facebook.... People don't like to be told they are wrong...... Even if you can provide facts to support your argument they will not believe you.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:59 PM   #35
Toms2010

Drives: 2010 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
Not exactly.
You are pretty much saying no matter how big of a douche you are, if someone gets upset, it is all on them. You are responsible for your words. Not the other person. Did not see the thread so did not see how the other person was acting, but still no call for you to do that regardless of what they said.

Then to make this thread speaks volumes of how you are. Not satisfied he told you to bugger off and did not want your apology, so you passively call him out on it publicly.
Vararam CAI - Modern Muscle Ported Throttle Body - Vmax Black Iceolator - Custom Exhaust - Magnaflow Res X 11386 - 2.5" Pipe from X on Back - Magnaflow Round Mufflers 10416 - Lime Green Hood Spears - Lime Green Gill Stripes - SJM AutoProd Sequential Turn Signals - SJM AutoProd Always On DRL Fog Lights
Old 12-19-2014, 06:27 PM   #36
NorthTex45thSS

Drives: 2012 45th SS
If nobody hates you, you're doing something wrong!

95 Kenworth W900L