Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-14-2009, 09:39 PM   #1
BigSlik

Drives: 10' Camaro SS
The First Day

I've been doing some thinking lately. I have never seen this car in person before, so I can't even imagine what my reaction is going to be the first time I see my car. I don't know if I'm going to go ballistic and jump around yelling, or if i will break down into tears to finally see my dream come true. The first day, don't get me wrong, I will drive the hell out of it, but I will probably sit and stare at it for hours apon hours as well as sit inside of it for hours just to take it all in. Because this car just triggers that kind of emotion for me(you guys probably know what I'm talking about). It is going to be a day I will never forget and might not have again.

If you'd like to share, I was just curious to know how you guys think you are going to react seeing your car for the first time. And what do you have planned for the first day?
BigSlik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:41 PM   #2
heavyt100

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11593
heavyt100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #3
BigSlik

There as been alot of disappaointment on this site lately and I am just wanting to get back to the root of why we all fell in love with this car in the first place.
Old 01-14-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
BigSlik

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyt100 View Post
didn't see that thread. lol
Old 01-14-2009, 09:46 PM   #5
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
I teared up when I first saw the concept. I couldn't believe I was standing in front of it. At the same time, I was stoked to start asking questions and take photos. Take lots of pictures, and get inside of it if you can. I saw a heavily tinted Bumblebee, so the interior wasn't visible for my viewing of it. You'll get a rush if you get the chance to be in the driver's seat. Those who have sat in the driver's seat have said that it is as if the very souls of its testers and designers are in there with you. That car almost has a soul. It is very powerful to be close to this car if you appreciate it and have been following it. For many of us, it has been a dream to see it become a production machine.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:02 PM   #6
bolteon593

Drives: 2011 GT500
lots of shivers....
bolteon593 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:04 PM   #7
BigSlik

Quote:
Originally Posted by bolteon593 View Post
lots of shivers....
i hear ya
Old 01-14-2009, 10:08 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Those who have sat in the driver's seat have said that it is as if the very souls of its testers and designers are in there with you. That car almost has a soul. It is very powerful to be close to this car if you appreciate it and have been following it. For many of us, it has been a dream to see it become a production machine.
I don't know about others....but I'll second that.
When I saw it for the first time...every other car in the room blurred, and I got teary-eyed, AND jumpy-excited...it was weird. So I took the middle ground and just stared like a doofus for an hour.

THEN....when I finally got my chance to sit in it........there's really no words.
Old 01-14-2009, 10:12 PM   #9
5thGenAnyone?
I'm thirsty

Drives: 1 speed bike
You guys are making me watery eyed right now just talking about it.
5thGenAnyone? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:11 PM   #10
Silver Streak

Drives: 2008 Cobalt SS/TC
Send a message via AIM to Silver Streak Send a message via MSN to Silver Streak
:rolling5thge n:: cry::flag2:

Think that about sums it up for a first day.
Silver Streak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 11:11 PM   #11
Alarick

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS
I'm not entirely sure what my reaction will be the first time I get to see my Camaro.
Just seeing this picture of the red SS with the CGM stripes from the NAIAS gave me chills.

And my plans will be to take pictures, followed by driving, and then more pictures...
Alarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 09:12 AM   #12
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alarick View Post
I'm not entirely sure what my reaction will be the first time I get to see my Camaro.
Just seeing this picture of the red SS with the CGM stripes from the NAIAS gave me chills.

And my plans will be to take pictures, followed by driving, and then more pictures...
Yeah; that's the first picture that I've seen in a while that's stirred a lot of emotion. Don't get me wrong, I love all the pics' that so many people are generous enough to post up for us, but everything about that pic' just made me excited. I'm not even a huge fan of red, but that pic' was just great.

I too haven't seen the car in person. I can't wait, honestly. I'm not sure what my reaction will be; I don't know if I'm going to make an idiot of myself or if I'll be able to contain my excitement. All I know is that I can't wait to be able to get my own

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #13
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
We have a thread burried somewhere along the lines of "first 24 hrs"

here we go: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2266
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote