Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-27-2012, 12:01 PM   #29
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by United_727 View Post
I thought all 5th generations had the threaded holes. My '11 coupe does. I installed the factory convertible brace in 5 minutes. I did it for the look. I see the ZL1 takes a differant brace,though.
I have an early 11 w/o the predrilled holes so I have to use spacers to put the GM struct tower brace on.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 02:38 PM   #30
Wuiquen

Drives: 2018 Hot Red ZL1
No holes either over here... sucks cuz the adapters are just as expensive as the strut tower brace...
Old 04-28-2012, 07:35 PM   #31
United_727
Parts Guru Extraordinair.

Drives: '02 SS 'Vert M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadPeter View Post
I have an early 11 w/o the predrilled holes so I have to use spacers to put the GM struct tower brace on.
that's odd. Mine was made early march '11. So glad they were there . Love the factory convertible brace.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:23 PM   #32
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Anybody figure out how to install a STB on a LLT with the 25mm/1" Spacer and Plenum Spacer? LOL

I can tell you that the Pfadt STB does not fit with those two right there....not even close.

LOL Would like to see a OEM STB on a car with a 25mm/1" and Plenum Spacer....

Anybody??
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:12 PM   #33
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
I'm actually going to be putting my GM STB on with my 25MM and plenum spacer either tomorrow or Friday. Ill post a pick. It almost fit without any spacers but it looks like I might need a half inch spacer or so.
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:12 PM   #34
BiG_TiMe

Drives: 2011 Camaro LS
where'd you guys get the GM brace from? if it's only a little over $100 there's no doubt in my mind ima get the GM one.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #35
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan @ Southwest Speed View Post
Anybody figure out how to install a STB on a LLT with the 25mm/1" Spacer and Plenum Spacer? LOL

I can tell you that the Pfadt STB does not fit with those two right there....not even close.

LOL Would like to see a OEM STB on a car with a 25mm/1" and Plenum Spacer....

Anybody??
The Vmax plenum spacer is 3-4 mm thinner than the MACE. Even so, some spacers under the STB mounts might be required to avoid clearance issues.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #36
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiG_TiMe View Post
where'd you guys get the GM brace from? if it's only a little over $100 there's no doubt in my mind ima get the GM one.
Includes the bolts:

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/results...ber=pkcamarobr
Old 12-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #37
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
I am so mad that I have an early production '11 cause I really like the GM strut tower brace and the stupid adapter looks retarded and is just as much as the dang brace itself.
Old 12-06-2012, 12:36 AM   #38
BiG_TiMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustavson View Post
thanks!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:05 AM   #39
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Just a heads up. The OEM strut bar does NOT work with the 2010 model. I bought one about a year and half ago and it's sitting in my garage still wrapped straight from GM parts direct. Anybody interested can PM me. I think I'm diggin this BMR strut bar. Still have plenty of powder coat left.

Fixed.
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.

Last edited by SIXJAK; 12-06-2012 at 06:31 AM.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:08 AM   #40
SIXJAK

Drives: MO's only SC'd LLT.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
I am so mad that I have an early production '11 cause I really like the GM strut tower brace and the stupid adapter looks retarded and is just as much as the dang brace itself.
On second thought, who makes this retarded adaptor and where do I get it?
IPF supercharger kit, IPF tune, SW LT's, R. Tech HFC's, ARK DT-S catback, SS Brembo brake upgrade, BC Racing adjustable coilovers, Hurst STS, Pfadt rear arm package, Pfadt adjustable sways & end links, Pfadt diff bushings, BMR rear cradle full kit blk bezels,SS diffuser, Innovate gauges.
SIXJAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 01:10 AM   #41
BiG_TiMe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIXJAK View Post
Just a heads up. The OEM strut bar does NOT work with the 2010 model. I bought one about a year and half ago and it's sitting in my garage still wrapped straight from GM parts direct. Anybody interested can PM me. I think I'm diggin this BMR trust bar. Still have plenty of powder coat left.
pm sent
Old 12-06-2012, 05:35 AM   #42
motley1987

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1LT
Does anyone know how much clearance I should allow between the STB and the plenum cover? I don't want any vibration but I also don't want it coming through the hood. Thanks.
2011 IOM 1LT RS. K&N Typhoon CAI; Sequential taillights, SLP faded gill overlays, VMAX CNC ported TB, RX Ported IM, RX breather, 3/8" Black Ice-olator, OEM STB, 4 gauge pack, Alpine amp and sub, convertible spoiler, IOM painted rear diffuser, SS front and rear sways, SS front and rear struts and springs, Street Scene front splitter, IOM hideaway headlight covers, 5% window tint.
motley1987 is offline   Reply With Quote