Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 07-18-2009, 04:56 PM   #15
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Ok so I have official tried out Zaino Z6 and Turtle Ice Wax which as you know are both detailer sprays for in between washes and rinses and details.

I think both products are really good, but they have their pros and cons. Both of them leave a nice shiney coat on the car and protects against rain.

Zaino leaves a film or I guess a white-ish streak where as Turtle ice wax will leave little fiber hairs that can easily be dusted off. I think Turtle ice wax wins the battle because dust fibers are easier to just dust off. Film and streaks need to be polished again and you risk scratching the car if it's dry and dusty.

Zaino applys easier though but you have to make sure you go back to get the film and streaks. However Zaino leaves a more shiney coat than Turtle wax and it reduces dust build up more than Turtle.

So I am going to use both products still until I see a major difference that will favor one over the other.
Old 07-18-2009, 06:44 PM   #16
Gib

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, RJT 04 Silverado
[QUOTE=BrianGriffin78;696149]Ok so I have official tried out Zaino Z6 and Turtle Ice Wax which as you know are both detailer sprays for in between washes and rinses and details.

I think both products are really good, but they have their pros and cons. Both of them leave a nice shiney coat on the car and protects against rain.

Zaino leaves a film or I guess a white-ish streak where as Turtle ice wax will leave little fiber hairs that can easily be dusted off. I think Turtle ice wax wins the battle because dust fibers are easier to just dust off. Film and streaks need to be polished again and you risk scratching the car if it's dry and dusty.

Zaino applys easier though but you have to make sure you go back to get the film and streaks. However Zaino leaves a more shiney coat than Turtle wax and it reduces dust build up more than Turtle.

I have been useing Zaino products for thirteen years. I have gone through a dozen bottles of Z-6. No film or streaks. You must be spraying way to much.
Old 07-18-2009, 11:22 PM   #17
CamaroDreams07

Drives: Slow V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
Ok so I have official tried out Zaino Z6 and Turtle Ice Wax which as you know are both detailer sprays for in between washes and rinses and details.

So I am going to use both products still until I see a major difference that will favor one over the other.

You gone and did it now.. It's sacrilege to say ANYTHING bad about a Zaino product here..It gives most of these guys such a hard on I don't even read this section usually, I just know I'll see 1000 recommendations for Zaino. Never used the stuff myself, I like to drive my car rather than spend 6 hours applying stuff to it. Turtle Ice is awesome, inexpensive, and what I personally use. Never a single problem and I have the whole line of products.
CamaroDreams07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 02:31 AM   #18
BrianGriffin78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gib View Post

I have been useing Zaino products for thirteen years. I have gone through a dozen bottles of Z-6. No film or streaks. You must be spraying way to much.
I am not.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:40 AM   #19
faninc

Drives: 2010 Camaro RS in SIM
I have successfully used DuraShine on 8 cars and folks see my car after 3-4 weeks with no car wash just rain...and ask if I just washed it? There sheathing action claim, really does work. Just use Dura wash in between polishes (polish 2x a year)

I also do like Meq Tech 2.0 product on my classic car.

best
J
faninc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:07 AM   #20
BrianGriffin78

Quote:
Originally Posted by faninc View Post
I have successfully used DuraShine on 8 cars and folks see my car after 3-4 weeks with no car wash just rain...and ask if I just washed it? There sheathing action claim, really does work. Just use Dura wash in between polishes (polish 2x a year)

I also do like Meq Tech 2.0 product on my classic car.

best
J
My body shop guy said if you rinse your car down and then apply detailer spray as the car is drying you will get really good results. By rinsing it will remove the dust and dirt and prevent scratching when applying the spray. He said you don't even need to use soap.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:50 AM   #21
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
Turtle wax ice has the most mixed reviews i have ever seen for a wax/polish. The 2 reasons people give bad reviews on it is they use way too much product or use it on a hot surface. I have the whole ice line up its all very good stuff. Like others have said if u hate waxing this is the line for you but for even better results i suggest either adams or if u love to rub on cars all day use zaino.
Thrillz is offline   Reply With Quote