Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 07-02-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
dmaes22

Drives: 1967 camro SS
SLP Headers 3in X Pipe and Loudmouth exhust

I just spoke with a rep from SLP and he told me that the total cost for the package of headers, 3inch X pipe and loudmouth exhust will run right about $2000.00. The headers running about $1500.00 which includes the 3in X pipe.
The exhust will run $450.00. They are not yet in stock but they are taking orders and expect delivery some time in late August. I just thought I would pass this information along for anyone that is interested.
dmaes22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:14 PM   #2
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
Hi -

The headers and 3 inch pipe sound sweet, but AVOID THE LOUDMOUTH EXAUST AT ALL COSTS.

Remember the loud mouth guy at the last party you went to? What was he like? Well, he was probably LOUD, sounded like a JERK, and made your ears bleed, right?

That's just what the Loudmouth Exhaust will do to you. These things have to be the cheapest exhaust system you will find, and they definately sound the cheapest too.

Whatever you do, go for a better exhaust system. Trust me - if you put these things on your car you will want them removed the next day.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:57 PM   #3
bulldog

Drives: Acura
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
Hi -

The headers and 3 inch pipe sound sweet, but AVOID THE LOUDMOUTH EXAUST AT ALL COSTS.

Remember the loud mouth guy at the last party you went to? What was he like? Well, he was probably LOUD, sounded like a JERK, and made your ears bleed, right?

That's just what the Loudmouth Exhaust will do to you. These things have to be the cheapest exhaust system you will find, and they definately sound the cheapest too.

Whatever you do, go for a better exhaust system. Trust me - if you put these things on your car you will want them removed the next day.
i am new to the aftermarket scene for the camaro. What would you recommend? The only thing I like about the Mustang, is the exhaust sound. Any suggestions on how to get somewhat close to that sound? I am liking the Corsa, but dont know of its reputation of quality, ect.
bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:00 PM   #4
Spaceballone

Drives: 1992 Custom RS, 2006 Civic
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
Hi -

I don't think they sound that bad. The gy on the homepage has the loud mouth 2's and they sound good. Have you had loud mouths before? To the OP go look at his Video and judge for yourself they sound sweet.
Spaceballone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 04:06 PM   #5
pharmd
Master of Medicine

Drives: 4th Gen
The loudmouth is rowdy, it may drone inside the interior, once a few get out some members can comment...if you want a loud exhaust its either this or the stainless works like what TAG has, they definitely sound mean...
Old 07-02-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
JHart
I haz camaro again :)

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS
the silver camaro with the full slp ehaust with the LM 1 exhaust is loud most def. replace the LM 1 with the LM 2 and that's my perfect exhaust for this car. slp and the stainless works exhausts are the meanest soundin i've heard yet.

2010 silverado z71 ccsb(sold, old dd)
2010 camaro1ss(sold, missed, will have another someday)
JHart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:33 PM   #7
Jchaluja

Drives: ZL1 Camaro
I had Intense-Racing install Stainless Works heardes and Corsa 2.5 Exhaust system.....

Jchaluja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:55 PM   #8
QME_SS

Drives: hoping to get the SS
sounds good, i think loudmouths+headers would be too loud...just my opinion
QME_SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:02 PM   #9
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmd View Post
The loudmouth is rowdy, it may drone inside the interior, once a few get out some members can comment...if you want a loud exhaust its either this or the stainless works like what TAG has, they definitely sound mean...
Brad,...The loud mouth is definitly not wife approved (then again you might need something louder to drown out the blower whine)
I ordered the powerflows

dmaes22, who spoke to SLP (and I spoke to them this AM, and they wernt budging on naming a price) was that $1500 for LT and center pipes list price? That would make it apx $300 or more less than the ARs and you get the ceramic coating.

Has anyone done any comparing of the specs?

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 06:06 PM   #10
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Long tube headers + high flow cats + loud mouth = loud (explosively loud on cold start in the morning.

If you like a a very aggressive exhaust, where people can hear you coming from a mile away, this setup will be good for you.

But don't get me wrong, there are guys that love it. But for the average guy, its too loud. I had a similar setup on my GTO, and I had to put a Corsa Touring catback on my car to control the noise level.

I think the mufflered Magna Flow exhaust, or SLP loud mouth 2, or the Corsa Catback would be a better way to go with headers.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
novajess1972
I Done Caught Diabeetus.

Drives: 1972 Chevelle SS/2010 Tundra
Yeah, the LM2 did drive me nuts after a few days....but then evreyone else (that didn't have to live with them day to day) loved them.

Double-edged sword....
Old 07-02-2009, 07:12 PM   #12
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
I like the Loudmouth on a stock car....When you go to Long-tubes it is best to at least use the loudmouth II....maybe even the powerflo.

I have built alot of cars and that is just my honest opinion.
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 09:51 PM   #13
PatrickfromMD

Drives: Buick Enclave/Corvette/2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
I like the Loudmouth on a stock car....When you go to Long-tubes it is best to at least use the loudmouth II....maybe even the powerflo.

I have built alot of cars and that is just my honest opinion.
I've got the Powerflow on order, should ship monday. I'm waiting on pricing on the SLP LT headers and X pipe center section, before choosing it or the Americam Racing. So, its powerflow for me and one of the two header combinations. Thoughts anyone?

P.S. I let the wife drive it a couple days a week, so It cant be too loud

***56K miles and still going strong***
2SS/RS IOM ext w/cyber grey stripes, tinted windows, IO int Auto
ProTorque prototype Converter, Chuck Mosello of Westchester Corvettes Custom Tune
T&T installed SLP Longtubes, Powerflow X Pipe, and Powerflow axle back
JL 10W3 in custom side sub box, new door tweeters, Alpine 5ch 600 watt
T&T configured ACS front Fascia w/ heritage grill, splitter, dual color halos, , led markers, taillight bezels , all accented in CGM
Gary Custom Z vented fenders. Vararam ver 2
PatrickfromMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 11:40 PM   #14
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I think I am going to save up and get the whole SLP system - headers, xpipe and loudmouth... I want to be able to hear it a mile away lol
listen to this beauty

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote