Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-28-2009, 05:12 AM   #1
Mzodarg
Remembering those in Blue

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Blk w/IOM Int
Passenger seat modification ?

Has anyone tried to modify the passenger seat to raise it up? IMO the seat needs to raise up about 3-4". My significant other has a hard time seeing over the dash.

I remember a post on this, but at the time there was no resolution.

TIA,
Mike
Mzodarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 05:57 AM   #2
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
If you figure this one out, please post what you have done. My wife has complained about this since the day that I got my SS. I am so sick of hearing about this one little annoyance that I do not take her in my Camaro any more.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:21 AM   #3
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Use a booster seat but call it a "manual height adjustment insert".
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:30 AM   #4
Verio
Taking it 1 day at a time

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS Auto
Send a message via MSN to Verio
The wife brings a pillow with her every time we ride in the Camaro. Quite annoying.
Verio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 06:42 AM   #5
Infern0
Bring It

Drives: In Between
That's hilarious. I guess I'm lucky cause my wife hasn't said anything yet. I hadn't even thought about that till I saw this thread, and now I know she has to have the same issue.
Infern0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 07:14 AM   #6
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
The wives and girl friends cannot see out with the passenger seat......when it is full forward? I never thought of this as a problem. I'm not 5'1" and I was never told!

How tall is your lady?
Old 09-28-2009, 07:20 AM   #7
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
tough it out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzodarg View Post
Has anyone tried to modify the passenger seat to raise it up? IMO the seat needs to raise up about 3-4". My significant other has a hard time seeing over the dash.

I remember a post on this, but at the time there was no resolution.

TIA,
Mike
One of the past suggestions was tp drill a hole through a hockey puck and install it as a spacer. However Like mentioned before If you have an accident and the passenger gets hurt it could void your insurance. Basically it's a safety issue. Any change to the seat would have to be engineered to make sure what you did was safe. It's chance you'd have to take.

My wife's fine,my son uses a pillow.
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #8
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
Everyone hang in there. Don't take a chance as screwing something up or voiding your insurance/warranty.

I specifically talked to FBodFather about it last week when he was in town for the TX State Fair. He said GM is working on it and that they will have a retro fix for those that don't have it. He said there is around 800 sensors in the seat and that they have to go through all new saftey crash testing. He also said there is one for leather seats and one for cloth seats (leather=heated seats; cloth=not). Sounds like it's going to be an electric adjustment not manual...otherwise why would the leather/cloth make a difference. He also mentioned the fact that there will probalby be memory seats in the future and they will be standard in 2SS/2LT models. No mention of when we'll see it but my guess is that this stuff won't be available until they get 2011 ready...just guessing though.

I've even considered putting off my order for a little bit but I'm just getting to ansy....I'l just have to see how I can retro fit those into mine once they are available.

Ahhh.....memory seats I'm going to need those (I'm 6'5"...wife 5'4").
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:07 AM   #9
O2BQIK

Drives: 1991 Camaro RS
This is curious to me. My wife is only 5'4", and she has not complained once about this. I don't think she would hold her tongue about it either, so for some reason she's not having a problem.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #10
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
My Camaro is still on order but I did get to drive one with just the wife and I. One of the things I asked her is how she felt in the passenger seat. If I hadn't said anything I don't think it would've even crossed her mine. Once I did bring it to her attention she said that she couldn't see the front of the car but she could see around her. She was so excited about being in the car that the seat is a non-issue although see wouldn't mind having the adjustment if it was available.

That being said I think the passenger side needs to be adjustable. The memory seats would be fantastic for me because it gets annoying that almost everytime I want to drive one of our current cars I have to take about 3 min to move the seat back, adjust mirrors, etc. Same goes for her when she drives the car. Not manditory by any means but would be nice.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:53 AM   #11
Michael_Js
SoCal C5 Family Member

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS - Black w/IOM; 6M
Send a message via AIM to Michael_Js Send a message via MSN to Michael_Js
A driver memory seat & a fully adjustable passenger seat would be wonderful! I hope they do retro on both!

My girlfriend is 5' 3" and does complain about visibility out the front and sides.
2010 Black 2SS/RS; 6M; IOM, GFX, sunroof; ADM Race CAI; Zoomers CB; Viper Alarm; Pdaft F&R sways, Adj Endlinks, Rtrailing arms, Camber kit, strut brace, Front Trailing Arm Bushing; SLP Skip-Shift Elim; Tinted lights/windows; Hurst Short-throw; LoJack; Door & Dash ABL Mods; ********; JBA Shorty headers; AACStyle LEDs; Stillen DS rotors, Hawk Ceramic pads; Havoc Blk Chrome wheels: 20x9s; Lingenfelter Blk Al Pedals; RevXtreme Catch Can; Goodridge SS lines; Ported TB; RK Sport hood; Hotchkis chassis brace; KW V3 coilovers;
Michael_Js is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:57 AM   #12
TooCool5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LS 3.6 LLT V6 325 HP
Keep us posted, I had this written up on a repair order already and they don't have anything for it.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:03 AM   #13
Buckbo

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My youngest daughter complains about this too, unfortunately, by the time the fix will be out she'll be tall enough to see out.
Buckbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:08 AM   #14
SRVFAN
Too Much FUN!!

Drives: RUBY!! 2010 2SS/RS RJT Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by caverman View Post
Everyone hang in there. Don't take a chance as screwing something up or voiding your insurance/warranty.

I specifically talked to FBodFather about it last week when he was in town for the TX State Fair. He said GM is working on it and that they will have a retro fix for those that don't have it. He said there is around 800 sensors in the seat and that they have to go through all new saftey crash testing. He also said there is one for leather seats and one for cloth seats (leather=heated seats; cloth=not). Sounds like it's going to be an electric adjustment not manual...otherwise why would the leather/cloth make a difference. He also mentioned the fact that there will probalby be memory seats in the future and they will be standard in 2SS/2LT models. No mention of when we'll see it but my guess is that this stuff won't be available until they get 2011 ready...just guessing though.

I've even considered putting off my order for a little bit but I'm just getting to ansy....I'l just have to see how I can retro fit those into mine once they are available.

Ahhh.....memory seats I'm going to need those (I'm 6'5"...wife 5'4").
Yeah.......memory seats for the driver side would be awesome! I had them in my last car & it worked wonderful!! Sure do miss it in the Camaro... Don't mind the passenger seat..I am 5'4", but since Ruby is mine, I don't sit there often. But I HATE having to readjust the driver seat after the hubs has driven her. Pain.
2500 (order preferenced):
3000 (accepted to production): 7/30/09 - TPW 8/17/09
3300 (scheduled for prod) 8/5/09 THANKS Viz!!
3400 (broadcast): 8/15/09
3800 (produced):8/22/09 - #39,334
4000/4B00 (available to ship/bayed):
4200 (shipped): 8/24/09
4300 (intermediate, may be multiple):
5000 (at dealer):09/03/09
6000 (delivered to customer): 9/3/09
SRVFAN is offline   Reply With Quote